Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    The last day of testing was interesting man, 15 riders within a second. Rossi made leaps of progress in comparison to yesterday and Yamaha looks like it delivered a little something during the off-season although they're not all there just yet but seemingly much better than these last two disastrous seasons, after all this is testing and Yamaha has always done well in Losail. We will see truly what goes on whenever their not so forte tracks come up.

Rins is looking threatening man, this dude has become such a great rider and that Suzuki fits him insanely well, hell even Mir is making leaps of progress on that thing. Petrux is also looking like a man reborn and just on a mission to keep that seat, just so much upcoming talent is making this grid so stacked up and satellite riders having a point to prove to try and make a run at the factory guys, this has recipe for an absolute masterpiece. This season is cooking up man, I seriously cannot wait.
    I think Yamaha have found something but I don't think it's enough, not just yet. There are still murmurings of rear grip issues and longevity. I think they are on the right path and really do believe they have found some solutions. Let's see how it all plays out in Qatar. I really think we will get a gauge of where Yamaha really are at in development by Mugello. Everyone need the first 5-6 races to sort their kit and start building for the championship. I'm a firm believer that the majority of championships get won during the first half of the season, with the second half being there to play the long game til Valencia.

What I really look at are the lap by lap analysis. I haven't seen the lap analysis for today's testing but usually the consistency and laps put in certain time brackets tell the story. Sure the fastest laps are in the 54's, but if you've got a couple guys that are lapping with a lot of low 55's, then those are the ones to watch. It's all about how they can maintain that pace.

I think also we've got some riders that are sandbagging this year for some reason. Marquez clearly is sandbagging due to his recovery. Lorenzo is coming to terms with the Honda, so you know he's sandbagging a bit to get comfortable.

I think Dovi is sandbagging a bit, he's just quietly going about his business and putting in some work but I think he's got something for this year.

I even think to a degree Rossi is sandbagging a bit. For him it's only testing and he's been through plenty of test seasons. He's not about to throw it down the track and risk getting injured at this part of the season. I think he kind of dicks around until it's time to get serious. Not saying he's not serious about testing but I'm sure he's wanting to go into the season as healthy with every advantage he can get. He sorts the bike on raceday.

Yep, we've got some young guns that are putting some serious pace. Those are the newbies that want to see their names up high on the list. It does them world's of confidence. The Veterans just keep grinding it out.

Petrucci is riding with a point to prove. He's going to keep that seat by any means. He's fast and I think he may surprise this year. I wouldn't put it past him to snag a win or two this year. He is a reborn rider but I also think he's a rider that knows what a blessing he's been given in the form of a factory ride. At least that's how I'm seeing from the outside looking in.

I really like stories like that, where someone gets a shot at the brass ring and knows just what it really means. You can tell they feel blessed and want to make the most out of the opportunity they've been given. You can tell the difference between someone that is there to get results and make a difference, and to show what they can really do given the bike they are on. Versus, someone there just for the paycheck. Guys like Zarco, Crutchlow(when at Ducati) are guys that are there for the paycheck. And why not?? Better to get paid, because they know they aren't going to win. But I just hate that defeatist mindset. See I don't think Lorenzo went to Ducati to get paid, sure it was a fat paycheck. But his wins showed he wanted to prove a point and earn some wins.

I think Rossi was like that in his first year at Ducati. He was on fire to ride something new and bring results. Then he kept crashing and the bike sucked, so year two(2012) was just him getting paid. And you can't blame him, if you can't get a good bike from the factory. Just earn the paycheck and move on.

Rins is looking ominous, so is Quatarraro, and a few others. Bagnaia was looking good in Sepang with some speed. So the rookies are developing and fast.

I'm with you, this is all culminating into a perfect storm of good racing this season. Let's hope the manufactures keep it up and can sustain their gains throughout the season, so we don't get jived with one or two riders running away with the season.

Qatar is just the tip of the iceberg, it's a good starting point. I'm waiting for the races that follow to see where the teams are at performance wise. The countdown is on, these next two weeks can't go by fast enough. I'm ready for the season to start
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Very interesting FP1, rookies up towards the top, Yamaha is definitely looking way better than last year already and Lorenzo looking very threatening as well... man this season is just going to be nuts
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Slight change up in FP2...
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    Slight change up in FP2...
    Just a little bit.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Hot damn that pace upped by a few haha.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

It ain't looking good for one of the factory Yamaha's. FP4 looked terrible for Rossi..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Yep 14th place, that's all he could muster. Time to hang it up man. You're still fast, just not fast enough anymore. This is starting to get embarrassing. Even I'll admit it, his legacy is taking a beating with these kinds of performances.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Dang man what happened lol, ouch. Guess we’ll see if he can produce something tomorrow as usual but man coming up from 14th will be a chore. Maverick is looking strong
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Dang man what happened lol, ouch. Guess we’ll see if he can produce something tomorrow as usual but man coming up from 14th will be a chore. Maverick is looking strong
    That's the thing, what happened?? The other three Yamaha's aren't struggling one bit. So I hate to say it, the problem is starting to look like it lies with Rossi. I don't know why he's tearing up his tires but something is clearly wrong. IF it's a temperature thing, then he's in the same position as before. He's fast when it's warmer in the night, then as it cools off and the humidity comes up, he starts to shred the front. Lorenzo even is having problems with the cooler night temps.

See where Lorenzo is at isn't a problem. He's recovering and crashed in Q1. Rossi is completely healthy and still couldn't get out of Q1.

I'm with you, unless he can start to pull things together. This will be his last season.

He's fast but not fast enough. He struggled to get into the 54's for Q1. He's been stuck in the 55's and 56's all weekend. Whereas the others can easily drop into the low 54's and some 53's.

I think unless he can square away his problem during warm-up, then he's in for a beating come go time.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah looking grim for the doc right now, guess we’ll see what they can cook up during WP. It definitely is very strange that they only seem to figure things out a bit late.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Who are the announcers?? I just watched warm up practice and was confused.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Not sure man, I don’t pay attention to the commentators much anymore. Those guys don’t have much to add. Miss Nick Harris
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well shit , carbon copy of last year and didn't disappoint ..... Maverick still choking, Rossi still shutting mouths as usual. What about Mir and Quartararo? Holy shit man, those two are going to be insanely good. Amazing podium from Crutchlow. Rins and Mir on those Suzukis are contenders already. Petrucci is kinda there kinda not, just gotta find something a little extra, that launch control module they have now for didn't seem to work very good for him... Awesome start to the season, couldn't ask for more. Doesn't seem like Yamaha have fixed a damn thing, still had to use less power and manage, manage, manage and that's costing them precious time, I mean damn you saw Morbidelli straight drop off in a matter of a lap when he was right behind Rossi and never saw him again, Maverick also dropped the hell off and never saw him again. These guys are in trouble man, Ducati, Honda and now Suzuki are making strides and leaving these guys behind slowly but surely.... Onto Argentina!!!!
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Mar 10th, 2019 at 11:56 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Just got back home and am getting ready to watch the race now. I had a previous engagement with things that go bang this morning, so I knew I was going to miss the race. But once I was back in cell phone range, I checked crash.net to see the results. Looks like Rossi clawed his way back up the ranks. Geez, when are they going to figure it out over there and he may win some races with that kind of performance.

What happened to Vinales?? looks like he went backwards.

Anyways, I'm off to watch it....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

O.k. just finished the race and that was a good season opener.

Looks like a few things were confirmed. 1.) We've got Dovi and Marquez going at it again. 2.) Rossi races better than he practices and Q's, if he, his team and Yamaha can figure out whatever is going on, they may be in for some wins. His pace to the leaders was respectable considering his FP's and Q1 performances. 3.) Vinales went Vinales on us again. You can almost set a clock to how he drops places right in the beginning, then spends the rest of the race chewing his way back. Not impressed with him, considering that blistering pole lap. It just goes to show, that races aren't won with fastest laps or pole positions. 4.) We haven't heard from Lorenzo yet, still waiting to see him fully fit on the Repsol.

and lastly,

5.) that final move Marquez put on Dovi just reaffirms what I've always know about Marquez, he's a "dirty" rider. That was a dick move pass and could have cost them both the race. Dovi saw it just in time to sit up and not make contact. After 7 championships, he still treats everyone as bumper cars. I'll never wish a rider to crash, but it sure would be nice to see him get the short end of the stick on his moves once and awhile, make him think for a change. I'm not saying just not winning the race either to come in 2nd, I'd like to see him really get shafted and get punted out of the top 10. He needs some bad results to fix that kind of BS riding.

What gets me is he ran a very good clean race for the most part. It's just that one last corner and he just has to have a go and the only way he knows is to stuff another rider if at all possible.

2019 looks good so far and let's hope we get more good racing to come.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

The Ducati rear winglet thing keeps going.
    https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...legal/4351585/
    If Aprilia was told they couldn't but then Ducati was told they could, why the difference?
    Blair

Was Aprilias design maybe different and didn’t fit the rules? I would have imagined that the FIM would have sanctioned Ducati when they submitted the bikes specs and what not to them but if they saw that and deemed it okay then it had to be something with their design that wasn’t on the up and up I guess. They’re taking it to court I guess and it’s been a whole ordeal
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Verdict to be in before the Argentina GP.

I could have read the whole thing wrong as well. Apparently wings aren't allowed if they help provide added gains or downforce?? Isn't that what the front wings are doing anyway?? Which was the point Suzuki made.

This whole thing seems real gray area if you ask me.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah if that’s the case then how come wings weren’t banned altogether? That seems dumb as hell... another one of those loopholes I guess. Man that sucks about the fire that broke out at Jerez with the MotoE bikes dude, shit was crazy
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

MOBILE downforce.... like attaching it to a swingarm where it will move separate from the rest of the bike. Stationary wings, like what's on the fairings don't move. That's what I gathered from it.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Yeah if that’s the case then how come wings weren’t banned altogether? That seems dumb as hell... another one of those loopholes I guess. Man that sucks about the fire that broke out at Jerez with the MotoE bikes dude, shit was crazy
    Personally, I think that was sabotage. Conveniently all of the MotoE bikes were in that area and all went up in flames. Heard it's being chalked up to a charger and batteries. Sure it was...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah I was thinking about that this morning actually, guess the truth will come out sooner or later but man that was some messed up shit. I don't like electric bikes but wouldn't go as far as to burn them lol
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

The update I heard was there wasn't any charging going on, so who knows. I guess we'll see, hopefully they can get it going again. I'm curious to see where electric motorcycles go, I would buy one for some uses.

I'm waiting to see the outcome of the challenge, but I'm not going to be surprised if Ducati has to get rid of the swingarm aero.
    Blair

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.