www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Well with this performance by FB it only tells one thing, that he's the only one in the Yamaha garages that wants it. MV chokes as usual and just shows they all have one or two lap pace but about it. At this point is all excuses from MV and VR, FB is showing them up like there's no tomorrow. Marquez wins yet again, shocker guess he learned his lesson from what happened with Rins, MM could have probably blasted past FB from a while back but decided to coast behind... These race weekends are apparently a lap or two show now, getting kind of boring to be honest and I dk about waking up this early anymore to watch these races live when nobody can challenge MM anymore and honestly don't see anything changing for a while to come, the fact that he has to slow down on purpose to make it more dramatic is sad as shit. Onto the next MM winning GP outing at Aragon
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Sep 15th, 2019 at 06:44 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Well with this performance by FB it only tells one thing, that he's the only one in the Yamaha garages that wants it. MV chokes as usual and just shows they all have one or two lap pace but about it. At this point is all excuses from MV and VR, FB is showing them up like there's no tomorrow. Marquez wins yet again, shocker guess he learned his lesson from what happened with Rins, MM could have probably blasted past FB from a while back but decided to coast behind... These race weekends are apparently a lap or two show now, getting kind of boring to be honest and I dk about waking up this early anymore to watch these races live when nobody can challenge MM anymore and honestly don't see anything changing for a while to come, the fact that he has to slow down on purpose to make it more dramatic is sad as shit. Onto the next MM winning GP outing at Aragon
    I don't wake up early to watch the races anymore. I'm still up early but I don't even watch them. I'm either doing house stuff or out shooting super early. So I catch the race later in the day.

Have to be honest, I still haven't seen the Misano race as I've been busy all day. I have checked in on the motogp.com and crash.net and seen all the BS that comes with it. So looks like I'm not even going to watch the race at all. This season has been a real crapper in terms of races we are getting. Have seen a few that have been close and good, but for the most part it's the Marquez show.

I'm not renewing my subscription come November. I finally got a response back from MotoGP.com's support team. They took 21 days to respond to me!! I informed them that I would not be renewing my subscription, explained to them that paying the money I do I'm not getting the kind of service I deserve. So this will be my last season watching MotoGP and considering the garbage racing we are getting, I'll be better off for it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Man what a bummer for Pol injuring his wrist that bad in FP4 after that insane highside, he was in for another possible good race result. Hope it won't keep him sidelined for too long. MV and FB finding some momentum but unless they pull off something truly special, it'll be another MM show type race. Aleix pulled off a great qualifier time, hope he can hang up there during the race, it'd be a great result for Aprilia, those poor guys can't find a way through after all these years, it'd be cool to see them within the top 10 more often. Ducati fell off the face of the earth this season, nowhere near the results of the last two years. I foresee MM clinching by Thailand
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Man what a bummer for Pol injuring his wrist that bad in FP4 after that insane highside, he was in for another possible good race result. Hope it won't keep him sidelined for too long. MV and FB finding some momentum but unless they pull off something truly special, it'll be another MM show type race. Aleix pulled off a great qualifier time, hope he can hang up there during the race, it'd be a great result for Aprilia, those poor guys can't find a way through after all these years, it'd be cool to see them within the top 10 more often. Ducati fell off the face of the earth this season, nowhere near the results of the last two years. I foresee MM clinching by Thailand
    Big time bummer for Pol, he is starting to show the potential of the KTM and then this happens. Tomorrow's race is going to be nothing more than a parade show and early coronation for Marquez' new title. He will seal it up in Thailand and then it's back to the drawing board for next season. Unless there's a miracle tomorrow, it will be a massive win for Marquez where he won't have to even think to ride tomorrow.

Rest of the pack will be fighting for 2nd place.

1. Marquez
    2. Vinales
    3. Quartararo

4-6. Rins, Rossi and Dovi(but not necessarily in that order).

One thing for sure, I'm not getting up at 5am to watch it. I can't figure why they changing the start time but oh well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Yeah that was an absolute ass raping from Marquez, made the whole grid look like moto2 riders from lap one, I don't eve know why I woke up this early to watch this murdering event... Yamaha got their asses handed too, MV got ran the hell over by Ducati with that lack of power on that M1 it's beyond embarrassing. Speaking of embarrassing, Rossi needs to hang it up, he has less and less pace each race and he is slapping himself in the face each round and digging his own grave. I foresee Miller taking that factory seat after next year, he is making Petrucci look like a rookie. Hell of a job from him and Dovi both no doubt. This year has been rather boring, miss the battles from last year but not happening again for a while, Marquez is in absolute control of this paddock and no bike seems to have shit for him. Quartararo has what it takes but even on the factory bike he wouldn't have what he needs to dethrone him. Definitely not watching the next races live, it's become ridiculously boring now. Hell the superbike series of AMA has had better races all year than this one man show. I am probably not renewing my membership next season either, Love Marquez trying to be all dramatic about the win when he knows he wasn't even pushing full pace and finished almost 7 seconds ahead of Dovi MotoGP is becoming F1 slowly but surely and it sucks...
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah that was an absolute ass raping from Marquez, made the whole grid look like moto2 riders from lap one, I don't eve know why I woke up this early to watch this murdering event... Yamaha got their asses handed too, MV got ran the hell over by Ducati with that lack of power on that M1 it's beyond embarrassing. Speaking of embarrassing, Rossi needs to hang it up, he has less and less pace each race and he is slapping himself in the face each round and digging his own grave. I foresee Miller taking that factory seat after next year, he is making Petrucci look like a rookie. Hell of a job from him and Dovi both no doubt. This year has been rather boring, miss the battles from last year but not happening again for a while, Marquez is in absolute control of this paddock and no bike seems to have shit for him. Quartararo has what it takes but even on the factory bike he wouldn't have what he needs to dethrone him. Definitely not watching the next races live, it's become ridiculously boring now. Hell the superbike series of AMA has had better races all year than this one man show. I am probably not renewing my membership next season either, Love Marquez trying to be all dramatic about the win when he knows he wasn't even pushing full pace and finished almost 7 seconds ahead of Dovi MotoGP is becoming F1 slowly but surely and it sucks...
    Believe it or not, Formula 1 has been very entertaining this season. Had some very close races and Charles Leclerc for Ferrari has shown some blistering pace. In fact if you didn't catch the Singapore GP this morning, you should. Was a very good race and nice to see Vettel back on the top step.

MotoGP more or less is becoming a high dollar version of WSBK if anything. I didn't get up to watch Misano and I sure wasn't going to get up to watch Aragon. I don't think I'll get up at all to watch any of the remaining races this season. I have to be honest, I haven't watch the Misano or Aragon GP's either.

Hey if you do cancel your subscription or don't renew it, let me know how you manage to do it. On my end I can't find a way to stop them from renewing my subscription, as I did have it on "auto-renew". With as slow as their customer service is, I'm going to call my credit card company and have the charge blocked come November.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

The mid-pack racing in Singapore was amazing! Singapore is typically a parade and I was surprised to see as much passing in the corners.

I feel bad for Leclerc if Ferrari did indeed screw with the order in the pits to give vettel the win.

Unfortunately, Sochi is next week and that is the most boring F1 track...

Oh, and as for MotoGP... Miller was on it! Marquez is on another level, Dovi's tire change was a great move, Rossi's on a boat anchor... Until next time.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    The mid-pack racing in Singapore was amazing! Singapore is typically a parade and I was surprised to see as much passing in the corners.

I feel bad for Leclerc if Ferrari did indeed screw with the order in the pits to give vettel the win.

Unfortunately, Sochi is next week and that is the most boring F1 track...

Oh, and as for MotoGP... Miller was on it! Marquez is on another level, Dovi's tire change was a great move, Rossi's on a boat anchor... Until next time.
    Funny thing is Sochi is one of the more aesthetically pleasing tracks. It's a very professional F1 looking circuit. Unfortunately, like you say, it sucks for racing. Doesn't seem to have very good racing when they head there.

Some of my favorite F1 tracks are probably Baku(Azerbaijan GP), Sochi(Russian GP), Abu Dhabi(UAE GP) of course Spa(Belgium GP). Also good tracks that F1 race that MotoGP share are, Catalunya, Austria and Silverstone.

Worst F1 track: Monaco... Why even race there? Just give the guy on Pole the 1st place trophy.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Until the cars shrink about 40%... which we know is NOT going to happen... I agree that Monaco sucks. Cars are just too big to continue racing there. Like you said, hand the trophy to the pole, and enjoy the parade.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I enjoyed watching the battles that did go on during the Aragon race. The winner was honestly pretty much decided by 1st practice, but there was some good racing still. I still wonder if people were this negative during the Rossi era in the early 2000s...
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    I enjoyed watching the battles that did go on during the Aragon race. The winner was honestly pretty much decided by 1st practice, but there was some good racing still. I still wonder if people were this negative during the Rossi era in the early 2000s...
    I do remember some of the backlash then when Rossi was winning, especially on the Honda. When he switched to Yamaha, it wasn't as bad as he was on an inferior bike(least the 2004 M1 was). His 2005 season was just pure dominance and I think everyone knew he was going to win again.

Honestly, I enjoyed the 800cc era. Seemed to me we had very close racing during then and we started to see more and more riders feature for race wins.

For me, the darkest era was during the CRT era bikes. 2011-2012 seasons were dismal and not because Rossi was losing, just the racing in general was rather blah...

The switch back to the 1000cc bikes has lit a fire for the manufactures and we are getting better and better racing. Well until now, and it's not so much that Marquez is winning all the time, it's the fact that no one has an answer for him. That's what gets old and makes MotoGP similar to Formula 1, only the top guy is untouchable and the rest of the race is for 2nd place. For many fans, that's boring racing and no one really care or they start to lose interest. If(and big IF) we were getting ultra close racing with Marquez barely winning battles right at the end of the race, then it would be more interesting. The best races this season have been when he's been beaten on the last lap or last corner.

For me, what I'd love to see MotoGP go back too(but it never will) is get rid of this compulsory ECU, and go back to the 990cc days and let riders use different tires/rubber.

I know some think it was costing MotoGP tons of money and manufactures were getting out of hand. But look back at the "golden era" of the 990's, when riders used Dunlop, Michelin, Bridgestone or Pirelli. Bikes were getting updated every weekend and the engine allotment was unlimited for the most part. And look at the kind of hard and genuine racing we got.

Obviously we can't go back to those rules completely, but what I think MotoGP should do is at least let the manufactures go back to their own custom software. If DORNA is going to make everyone run these dumb**s Michelin tires, then at least let the manufactures tune their own ECU's to handle this kind of garbage that Michelin brings. Because at this point, it's blatantly obvious that the Michelin tends to favor one or two Manufacture's over the rest of the field.

3 things that I think would help MotoGP be more competitive:

1. Manufactures go back to their custom software to handle lame ass Michelin tires
    2. The 7 Engine limit remains but allow engines to be tuned(no more of this sealed engine nonsense), however limit to 20L's of fuel.
    3. Allow for more test days, from 5 official test days to 8 days(scattered through the season). Also bump pre-season testing to 5 official tests(post-Valencia, Qatar, Sepang 1, Sepang 2 and Phillip Island). This would allow teams more time to dial in their bikes and deal with any problem areas.

If these three key things were allowed, all teams would have fairly level playing fields. No more concessions for some teams, and restrictions for others. I guarantee you'd see KTM throw a ton more money into engine development and ECU development if they could use their own. Others I think would follow suit as well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

That's one way to put an exclamation point on title number 8.
    Blair

Gets it done earlier each time lol. He knew he had it in the bag since Yamaha is the tricycle of the GP world now, zero power for Fabio to fight back.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

They are certainly looking better, 4 Yamahas in the top 8. Marc wasn't just powering past Fabio down the straight either, like we've seen some Yamaha vs other battles be.
    Blair

I was a bit surprised / offended by how many people were happy when MM93 crashed in Q2, I have a hard time seeing how you can be a fan and be happy when a rider crashes. After that he extends his streak of top 2 finishes and takes the record for most points in 18 rounds though.

The one thing I'm really wondering about at this point is Lorenzo and 2020, does Honda really leave him in that seat, does he really want to stay? I know what the official responses have been, but neither party can be happy with the current results. Phillip Island had weather problems which has always been a weak spot for Lorenzo, but the Malaysia results were barely better. You almost have to wonder if he's really even trying at this point? I'm not trying to bash the guy, but something just isn't adding up at this point.
    Blair

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    I was a bit surprised / offended by how many people were happy when MM93 crashed in Q2, I have a hard time seeing how you can be a fan and be happy when a rider crashes. After that he extends his streak of top 2 finishes and takes the record for most points in 18 rounds though.

The one thing I'm really wondering about at this point is Lorenzo and 2020, does Honda really leave him in that seat, does he really want to stay? I know what the official responses have been, but neither party can be happy with the current results. Phillip Island had weather problems which has always been a weak spot for Lorenzo, but the Malaysia results were barely better. You almost have to wonder if he's really even trying at this point? I'm not trying to bash the guy, but something just isn't adding up at this point.
    Yeah man will agree that the whole rider hatred thing has reached a whole new level of dumb. While I'm not a fan of the guy but won't ever wish crashing upon anyone not even as a joke. It was a very nasty highside and that could have caused him serious injuries for sure but glad he walked away good from that one. I will say that was bound to happen from trying to play mind games with FB and letting those tires cool way down (I think he wasn't on a soft tire at the moment too so even with more means to not push that hard after having coasted for nearly 2 laps). The dude is a phenom and the fact that he may give Honda the triple crown all on his own is an accomplishment unlike any other.

As far as Lorenzo it's a tough situation cause of the injury ordeal, he isn't 100% fit and hasn't had true time to ride like we know he can do it. If he is able to stay healthy in the off-season, coming back he will have the biggest test of his life as far as keeping a factory seat in the GP paddock as he is going to have to put up the performance of his life for Honda to consider keeping him on mainly after Zarco showed some promise on Taka Nakagamis' bike these past two rounds. The problem with Jorge is that he's always been coddled and spoiled man so he's not used to adjusting or doing horsework to be able to improve, the Yamaha spoiled him something fierce just like it did to Zarco and they both paid the prices for their lack of adjustment and figuring things out. The Honda is not a smooth bike, the power delivery is harsh, nearly every rider says this but again another thing to admire about MM is the fact that he's adapted his style to tame that thing while not looking like he is. He is able to ride the piss out of that thing completely unsettled but stay in control, it's a thing of amazement. I honestly would like to give Lorenzo the benefit of the doubt at the moment cause of his injuries not allowing him to ride to potential but it will be a do or die deal for him cause with FB on the rise and MV producing solid results, I don't see him getting a factory seat at Yamaha for the time being at least unless MV goes somewhere, which there are rumors that he may be considering leaving for Ducati but who knows, to me it's more of smoke at the moment since Yamaha seem to be figuring things and bringing winning ways back. Hope they can deliver more power out of that M1 engine next year without risking grip and giving those guys a closer chance to win it. Yamaha has always been the lowest powered bike on the paddock but they had to tame it even more given the electronics not being figured out it was chewing through rear tires like a mofo but also with Yamaha luring some of the former Ducati electronic engineers to their camp let's hope they can bring it in 2020.
    Last edited by madvlad; Tue Nov 5th, 2019 at 06:48 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well guess he proved me right all along, Lorenzo called a press conference to announce his retirement. Guess Zarco is the next one in there after the good results on Nakagamis bike.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well guess he proved me right all along, Lorenzo called a press conference to announce his retirement. Guess Zarco is the next one in there after the good results on Nakagamis bike.
    Yep... I think we all knew it was going to eventually happen, but damn... there it be.

Sucks we couldn’t see him full on with the Honda due to his physical condition and all but seeing the press conference now you can really see that he is just checked out and done. When the motivation isn’t there just isn’t there, shame cause he’s a hell of a rider and I believe he had more to give but such is life.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Apparently, Alex Marquez is in line for that second seat. I will miss Jorge. He is the reason I watched races live since I started watching in 2010.

If they give that second seat to Alex it would be bullshit but with as much pull as the Marquez family has with HRC at the moment, it would not surprise me if he does end up taking that seat. Cal, Nakagami have earned a shot at that seat first but I’m sure politics will win here. In my eyes they should move Zarco/Alex to Nakagamis seat and earn it first, Nakagami to Cals seat and Cal to HRC seat. While Zarco is doing well on Nakagamis seat BUT if HRC is fair they’ll make him earn it first.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

It is sad how politics gets involved with this. With Alberto Puig's involvement with team Honda and being Marc's manager and probably Alex but i dont know You can see where this is going. Personally I would not have a problem with Zarco getting the HRC seat but it is too soon for Alex. There is also the issue of the dynamics of two brothers on the same team. How would it work? I dont know all the history but for current riders the Espargaros have never been on the same team and switching to motocross the Stewarts have not been on the same team

Well that's a wrap, sure hope Yamaha can deliver a proper engine for next year so they can take it to Honda/Ducati but we'll see. Farewell to Lorenzo and wishing him well on his future endeavors and all but the show must go on. Yamaha definitely made some strides there at the second half of the season and they looked better-ish but just need that extra step to get there. Ducati seems to have gone backwards, those guys were not as competitive this year as they were the previous two. To me they should give Miller the factory seat, seems like Petrucci was a one hit wonder and he's been performing horribly. Onto WSBK really awesome to see Garrett Gerloff off to a great start with GRT yamaha, sure will be following WSBK much closer this upcoming season cause of him. Met him at COTA and what a cool dude man, super humble and hard working and had a hell of a year with Yamaha in AMA taking it to Elias and Cameron, well earned seat for him at WSBK without a doubt, hope he can keep building and get a shot at the factory seat at some point. Well ladies and gents till next time, been a bit quiet in this thread but with the MM domination there really isn't much to talk about anymore haha. Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    It is sad how politics gets involved with this. With Alberto Puig's involvement with team Honda and being Marc's manager and probably Alex but i dont know You can see where this is going. Personally I would not have a problem with Zarco getting the HRC seat but it is too soon for Alex. There is also the issue of the dynamics of two brothers on the same team. How would it work? I dont know all the history but for current riders the Espargaros have never been on the same team and switching to motocross the Stewarts have not been on the same team
    Well Alzamora is the Marquez' personal manager and Puig is HRC's manager but all in all with the domination that MM has in MotoGP right now, he has insane influence over a lot at the moment mainly HRC as he's their golden boy so wouldn't surprise me if just cause of his say so they'll let his brother along side him. This next week will be full of rumors for sure but again wouldn't surprise me if they put Alex right there right away cause of his brother and don't get me wrong him winning the moto2 title helps his case a lot BUT Alex is not his brother let's get real on that end. Guess we'll see. Now it may not happen if HRC decides to see it as a conflict of interests in the long run.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1