Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Re: 2019 MOTOGP Season ****SPOILER ALERT*** *****WARNING - SPOILER *******

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yeah the Duc looks sharp although I dislike red in general. Bad news for Lorenzo though, broke his wrist in training. Sure hope it doesn’t affect the start to the season for him very much, he’s the only one that can truly give MM a run anymore, Yamaha won’t be in it this season as Ducati is wishy washy and can’t depend on them being consistent.
    Lorenzo is set to miss the first test of the year in Sepang. Was interested to see how he was going to go on the bike with some time after his last injury.

Could be an interesting year. I wouldn't count out Vinales, if he's getting what he's been asking for, then I think we will see some wins from him. Now is he going to be a title contender, not sure. I think regardless of what Yamaha do, Rossi will have to just live whatever they give him. If he's still in the same form he was in at the end of last season(Sepang and Valencia races) then we may see some races where he goes well. I still have to stick by the fact that even if he gets a better bike than last year, we may only see two or three wins from him and that's at best. It's two or three wins that will put him closer to Ago's all time wins record, so that's cool. He at least needs to walk away with Ago's record before he retires.

I think we'll see some wins from Ducati as well. Dovi is looking good and the bike works for him. We may even see a win or two from Petrucci(though I'm not holding my breath). I also still believe that if Suzuki really are getting better and better with each race. We may see a few wins come from them as well.

I think Marquez is the favorite but something tells me we won't see the dominance we've seen from him last year. He's got some hot shots coming up and I think also Lorenzo is going to give him a run for his money.

And really when you think about it. If any manufacture gets their package just right, then we way see domination from someone else. That's really all it takes, is finding the right formula for right now and then build on it. Then the season takes care of itself.

Let's wait and see...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Would anyone be down for a meet up for the Losail race? It usually starts around 1 pm or so our time. Could ask around depending on interest and see about reserving a private room or something with a gigantic tv lol
    Last edited by madvlad; Fri Jan 25th, 2019 at 10:58 AM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Would anyone be down for a meet up for the Losail race? It usually starts around 1 pm or so our time. Could ask around depending on interest and see about reserving a private room or something with a gigantic tv lol
    Good idea.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I’m going to start inquiring around to see about getting a private room to get maybe about 10+ people and what not. If anyone here happens to know anyone that has a restaurant or business that would like to host it, I’d be down to bring them the business
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

And saw the new Petronas colors, digging that livery.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I like.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

So close but yet so far man, come on March!!!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I do agree, I really dig the new livery colors for Petronas. Love the balance of the aqua and black. It's a very classy looking bike.

Qatar can't come soon enough, least they are testing next week and we can start to get a picture of how the first part of the season will shape up. See if the Repsol team are held back by injuries, see if Suzuki makes some progress, you know Ducati will be fast. Really hope to see Yamaha up there and showing some consistent and competitive speed.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

You guys haven't posted this yet? You guys are slacking this season....
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/91...yamaha-colours
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Winglet sponsors!
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    When I'm at work, I hardly have access to internet, even on my phone I don't have the time. I may check websites on my lunch break, but I don't log in on my phone.

The new livery looks good. I like the darker theme and the blend of black and blue. I had heard that since Movistar left as the main sponsor and Monster stepped in, the rumor was the factory team would look something close to the old Tech 3 bikes. Which all black would have been cool but I like the blend of the blue/black bikes.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

No good impressions from Rossi and Viñales on the first day, seems like they’re still struggling quite a bit. Their interview seemed vague at best and they just don’t seem enthused at all. Much of the same answers to the press as last year... unless something drastic happens I see Marc taking that 8th already. He’s back and not even 100% and he’s topped the times and looks strong as hell already.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well the three day test at Sepang has concluded. I think we are getting some interesting results. Looks like Yamaha have found something, though Vinales and Rossi are being cautious and still want a little more. Though Rossi is especially optimistic, saying finally Yamaha are moving in the right direction. He seems to like the engine Vinales likes, so maybe they tweaked it a bit to his liking. Cause I had heard that even though Rossi chose the Vinales engine, he didn't exactly care for it

The story is that Marquez isn't up to 100% and I'm thinking that shoulder is going to give him some issues early in the season. I know these riders are superhuman in their healing, mainly due to the fact that the teams put them in rehab as soon as possible to get the injury back up to par. But big surgeries don't heal the fastest. We've got a guy at my work that had both knees done last year(granted he's in his early 50's) but he had one knee done in November, and then followed up with the other at the end of December. He's been out since early November and isn't projected to be back at work until the end of this month, with a projected lengthy light duty in the cards for a month or two. And he's been going to rehab weekly.

Sure Marquez is in his 20's but healing up takes time. Look at Lorenzo, looks to be he re-injured his wrist and those injuries take forever to heal.

The other big story are the Ducati's. Super fast and we've got the #2 factory guy and a rookie at the top of the timesheets.

I know people have slammed Petrucci for his inconsistency but the guy is super fast right now. I think he knows he's got the most to lose out of all the Ducati guys in the running. He's only got a one year contract, and Ducati head brass had made it known that there are at least three riders they want along side Dovi next season(Petrucci being one of them). So it wouldn't surprise me if Petrucci goes all out this year and actually produces some good results. He wants to keep that seat for at least the next three years.

Which is great, I like seeing guys get ultra motivated when given the chance to shine. He's finally got his shot at the brass ring(factory team) and he's going to use it. I love seeing hungry competitors and riders willing to push the limit. I'd like to see other riders take it to Marquez this season.

Not that it would happen, but would be insane to see some of these new riders throw Marquez a beating this season.

If Lorenzo comes back 100%, Ducati keep their speed, Yamaha get their kit sorted, Suzuki is making inroads and these new crop of hot shots actually develop well. Then I'd say, not only Marquez but everyone else on the grid will have their hands full. It's shaping up to be a strong and very competitive year in MotoGP.

Only other thing that would make MotoGP even better is getting Johnny Rea on a competitive race winning bike and we'd see some fireworks I think.

Come on Qatar!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

... and then there's Aprilia...

Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

HA! HA!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

dude Aprilia just can’t make strides at all, if anything they keep falling back
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

dude Aprilia just can’t make strides at all, if anything they keep falling back
    What Aprilia need are a very fast set of riders to help develop the bike. Problem is, no super fast rider is willing to give up at least two years of their MotoGP career to help develop a bike. Iannone is super fast but also super inconsistent. He won't be of any help in the developmental department.

Funny thing is, just a few years back Aprilia were very fast and dominating in WSBK. Until Johnny Rea jumped on a Kawi. I honestly think, Rea would do a work of good for Aprilia but he's not going to come over as they aren't competitive.

I think Pedrosa would have been a great test rider for them but KTM snatched him up fast.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Dude I am so disappointed with the off-season coverage this year, before they had the testsblive and now they have nothing and have the nerve to charge people for that too? Fail....
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

But on other news, how about Bautista ripping the whole paddock but specially Rea fifteen seconds worth of a new asshole? that V4R is some serious business
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Dude I am so disappointed with the off-season coverage this year, before they had the testsblive and now they have nothing and have the nerve to charge people for that too? Fail....
    I'm with you, seems everyone and everything are going the way of micro-transactions for content. It can't just be bundled in one big price or package. What irritates me is you have to pay to access live timing. I mean really?? Access to live timing, something that should be free because it's basically just boring numbers on a screen, and they want you to pay to access numbers changing on a screen? Only reason I want access to the live timing is their small timing app on their website doesn't always update correctly and somethings it shows time an hour behind of where they really are.

But on other news, how about Bautista ripping the whole paddock but specially Rea fifteen seconds worth of a new asshole? that V4R is some serious business
    Let's see how it pans out. Ducati go well at Phillip Island and won the double there last year. Still close to 15 secs ahead is a beating and I'm sure we'll see Rea re-adjust things for race two.

Then again, it's clear who WSBK want to win this year. They've limited the rev on the Kawasaki's to be a good 1500rpm less than the Ducati's. That's kind of BS in my opinion. I get they are trying to make things closer, but clearly handicapping a team and rider so others can catch up or win is BS. Cause to me it makes the others who win again JR, have their wins seem just a bit hollow compared to his.

So if he wins it all again this year, I'd expect him to retire or do something else as he and Kawasaki will just continue to get more and more handicaps handed out to them. Not the best way to go about racing in my opinion.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Day 1 is over and just comparing the two Yamaha's, looks to be Vinales with a good .5 sec in his pocket over Rossi. He also clicked off a lot of 1:56's(which doesn't really mean anything as they are off the race pace). I was expecting a little bit more out of everyone. Seems to be a rather subdued Day 1 of testing in Qatar. Let's see what we get the rest of the weekend.

Oh yeah, Honda's are all of nowhere and the Ducati's are looking fast.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

The last day of testing was interesting man, 15 riders within a second. Rossi made leaps of progress in comparison to yesterday and Yamaha looks like it delivered a little something during the off-season although they're not all there just yet but seemingly much better than these last two disastrous seasons, after all this is testing and Yamaha has always done well in Losail. We will see truly what goes on whenever their not so forte tracks come up.

Rins is looking threatening man, this dude has become such a great rider and that Suzuki fits him insanely well, hell even Mir is making leaps of progress on that thing. Petrux is also looking like a man reborn and just on a mission to keep that seat, just so much upcoming talent is making this grid so stacked up and satellite riders having a point to prove to try and make a run at the factory guys, this has recipe for an absolute masterpiece. This season is cooking up man, I seriously cannot wait.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1