Thread: Looking for a Good Shop in Centennial/Aurora Area

Looking for a Good Shop in Centennial/Aurora Area

I'm looking for a good mechanic to install a new power steering pump and steering rack on my 2003 Acura TL Type S. I plan to get the parts from Rock Auto.

How would you like to get roundhouse kicked with a motorcycle?

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Looking for a Good Shop in Centennial/Aurora Area

It's not Centennial/Aurora, but I have a friend that is an excellent mechanic and he does his work out of Highlands Ranch. It's a cash-only proposition but he does all of his wrenching (on the up-&-up) from a high end dealership, just way less expensive than dealership pricing. He prefers it if you can supply the parts but can also help out on that front too. Text my phone or hit me up in PMs for more info; I doubt this would be a problem for him as he works on my MDX all the time.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Mon Jul 8th, 2019 at 04:10 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm still waiting on parts. I couldn't order from Rock Auto because there's a new law that says they have to charge local sales tax - and Rock Auto doesn't have the capability to deal with that, so I ended up getting everything on Amazon. (I got the exact same part numbers, and they were cheaper anyway, especially with free delivery through Amazon Prime.)

Local shops I've called so far have said they won't install customer parts, but there are still a couple places I need to contact. I should have everything by Monday, then I'll try to figure out where to go from there.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Well if you change your mind...
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Barn's option might be your best bet... Not many shops are going to take your parts because A) there's no guarantee where they're coming from and if they put a bad part in your car, there's no recourse... and B) there's no profit aka 20% markup on parts.

Ran into the same problem with my opel. The shop wouldn't take the parts I had until I sat down with the manager and showed them the parts, receipts and kindly explained that there was only one place in the US where he was going to find these parts, and I already took care of it. I also told him to tack on a $25 parts charge to cover the markup... I didn't have the time, equipment or knowledge to rebuild the transmission, so it was worth it to me.

Good luck!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Thanks Barn and Shark.