Thread: Why hello

Why hello

Hello everyone, guess Immmmmmm backkkkkk LOL
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Re: Why hello

Welcome back to the ghost town. Not much is going on other than occasional discussions of MotoGP racing

Hey Ramon, what’s happening man? Long time man
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Welcome back to the ghost town. Not much is going on other than occasional discussions of MotoGP racing
    Would be nice to have some decent discussions or just more traffic to the site, but you're right. This place is a ghost town and been that way for a few years now.

I think much of discussion boards decline tends to be social media driven. Everyone have Fakebook discussions now, or others can't form anything that is coherent with substance if it's over 140 characters. And still others are busy being "Instagram Models and Influencers".

What has shocked me is how the Facebook marketplace has taken over or the Let Go app. Trying to sell stuff on Craigslist now is a total joke. It's $5 for vehicle ads, with everything still free. But you get bombed with spam or scammers. I've even noticed a bit of decline with even Ebay. Used to be able to sell something fast with Ebay(you had basically the world as your audience). And now, even Ebay is slow to sell stuff. And God forbid you try to put something for sale in the newspaper ads or Thrifty Nickel.

I think it all boils down to the fact that people just don't read, can't read or refuse to read. In 2019 most people's attention span is that of "shiny object syndrome". Most of my own co-workers can't believe that I like to sit and read books. For me there is something fulfilling in reading a good book. Your mind gets to formulate the story and picture it as you go. It allows your mind to wander and then contemplate what you're reading. That, and I love the smell of a new book with new ink, or better yet an old book with old ink.

I don't know, maybe I'm starting to get old. I love technology and what it gives us. The possibilities are endless. Yet, I can't help but relish the time when I get to sit and read a book.

Oh well, here's to reviving the lost art of reading..
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Thu Jul 18th, 2019 at 10:27 PM. Reason: typos
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

What is Moto GP? Any rides going.on this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post

720-475-6984

Hello Mad, how have you been?

720-475-6984