Thread: Oh we need...

Oh we need...

What is everyone upto these days?
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Re: Oh we need...

I can see this forum is as active as a rock in a tar pit. What happened to CSC?

OK I did pick up a new sport bike this year. A whopping 26 HP and super modern design with external valves and all.

The 1944 Nimbus:

I also picked up a cruiser. a 1963 Moto Guzzi Falcone. It is a lot more of monster at 28HP.

Now back to the go fast bikes

Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

Those are nice looking classics, maybe not quite up to the specs of your other bikes though...

I think forums in general have died off in favor of facebook groups, etc. Some of the really big forums have stayed active, and a few certain niches that facebook frowns on, but a bunch just kind of died off. I know admins of several in essence made the move because they no longer had to maintain the software or pay to host/maintain/etc.
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    Those are nice looking classics, maybe not quite up to the specs of your other bikes though...

I think forums in general have died off in favor of facebook groups, etc. Some of the really big forums have stayed active, and a few certain niches that facebook frowns on, but a bunch just kind of died off. I know admins of several in essence made the move because they no longer had to maintain the software or pay to host/maintain/etc.
    I agree with you. In the last 5 years I have watched my favorite forums just dry up and often shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post

I think that's the main death of forums in general, Facebook. I left Facebook back in 2011 and haven't been back since, but I don't remember there being forums on it when I was there. I mainly used it(Facebook) to play Zynga Poker more than anything else.

I see it as with the advent of more social media and people's attention spans getting shorter and shorter, it was inevitable that forums would start to wane. If it's not in 140 characters or doesn't have the ability to get "likes", then most people aren't into it.

I will say this, that a forum does tend to require more thought process and overall brain power, especially when it comes to debate threads, or threads where you get lots of participation. I remember having some epic debates with members long gone from this forum. Some of the large replies and large threads would take a good amount of time to formulate what I wanted to say, insert facts and have an intelligent delivery from my point of view.

And you're not going to get that kind of dedication or application of oneself when it comes to 140 characters or a "selfie" on instagram.

Today's social media is a reflection of the society in which we live. It's more about getting in harsh digs and insults, rather than sitting down and actually talking things over in a relatively civil manner. People are too polarized to actually sit down and have a coherent discussion with others around them.

That's why I stick to MotoGP and racing anymore. For one there isn't the substantive discussion here on the forum to support discourse between its members in good debate threads or just threads where people converse.

So I stick to racing and that's about it.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Wed Aug 14th, 2019 at 09:42 PM. Reason: typos
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Oh, man. That Nimbus is interesting.
    "On a cycle the frame is gone. You're completely in contact with it all. You're in the scene, not just watching it anymore, and the sense of presence is overwhelming.” Pirsig

Marc has always had the coolest bikes man, great addition!
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Lomax/Marc,

The "new" old babies are gorgeous! Just WOW!

Enough to bring me out of the forum cemetery for a few. I don't post anymore but I do still ride occasionally. Just one bike for me these days - Argento, my 2017 Ducati Scrambler Icon. Hubby is still riding his 848. Mayhap we'll see you out on the road one of these days!

I'd post pics but tis not working, just as well since they'd be a poor second to those beauties.
    Hugs to you (and any from the old gang that still remember me) from
    ...you're one of them, aren't you? No, I'm something else...

It's a trick. Get an axe.
    ~~~ ~~~

"I say let the sky continue to fall on those that expect nothing else, and let the sky continue to be limitless, for those of us who will settle for nothing less." Barn in a sublime moment (well-done!)

Is there a CSC facebook page with many of the old farts?

Pretty cool bike Lomax. Always thought I'd like an old Indian.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760