Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
Which then begs the question if Rossi wants to keep racing, factory bike on satellite team?
Yeah, while we all know that even at his age he has performed well but I personally don't see him continuing on and foresee him calling for retirement half way through the season if not earlier. I am sure he's done a bit of soul searching in the off season and perhaps has had talks with his closest friends and colleagues who are also in the game as we know about it and how I see it is that he wants to ease his mind into retirement mainly after being in the paddock for over half his life. It's kind of like you leaving a job or something you know of many many years and the routine that you're used to and then venturing into other pastures all of the sudden, it's a scary feeling so that's about the closest that I can equate that to in our world but like with everything, time always has the last word. He also has his team he can focus on moving forward and eventually be a GP team owner which I'm sure it has been in the works with Yamaha for some time now so they can bring it into fruition in the near future. Times change, eras come and go and he had beyond a hell of a run getting to live the life that many wish they could and best of all, being able to walk away with a legacy and unscathed. Sad to see him go don't get me wrong and it'll take some getting used to not seeing him line up anymore but again, what else does he have to prove? Nothing. It is time for the new generation of riders to write their stories and leave their mark in the sport just like he did during his tenure.