Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Looks like Petrucci will be without a ride then. Unless something else opens up for him.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Looks like Petrucci will be without a ride then. Unless something else opens up for him.
    The word is that he will go to the WSBK paddock next season. His agent pretty much said he’s checked out in GP
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Aleix renews with Aprilia through 2022. Honestly saw that happening and with a much better bike under him, it makes sense for him to continue the project with them.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...ia-deal/331606
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

and now Mugello is cancelled, they seriously just need to scrap the season and focus on 2021. Gotta quit teasing us and doubt they’ll race 10-12 GP’s at 3 tracks

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...ncelled/331642
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Man I wonder who did Iannone piss off that bad for them to want to slam him with a 4 year ban over something that’s honestly not that bad

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...e/4803899/amp/
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well it’s official, first race is under way July 19th. Argentina and COTA are still TBD

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...eleased/331670
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Rumor around the mill is that Rossi will announce that he will continue in 2021 with Petronas alongside Morbidelli towards the end of the month
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

KTM confirms there is a HRC offer on the table for Pol Espargaro for 2021. My question is why even sign Alex Marquez then and not even give him a chance on the bike before making a move?

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...a-offer/331803
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    KTM confirms there is a HRC offer on the table for Pol Espargaro for 2021. My question is why even sign Alex Marquez then and not even give him a chance on the bike before making a move?

Woooaaaahhhh... this is big news. Is HRC getting between brothers? I remember taking the air out of by brothers' tires... a sibling rivalry might make MotoGP interesting.

I think it's rather odd as well, sign the younger brother to a one year deal. COVID-19 strikes, no one has turned a wheel in anger, yet HRC are ready to dump him and move onto another rider. As always with Honda/HRC everything they do stinks, and this is no different. I'm not even a fan of the Alex Marquez, but I think the move to sign him to a one year deal was to appease the Marquez clan. Once they had Marc Marquez signed for a 4 year deal!! They knew they had achieved what they needed. Having the elder 6 time champion sign on for another four years, basically guarantees HRC that they will be fighting for the title and potentially still win the title all four years.

HRC does what HRC always has and always will, line their pockets, stack the deck in their favor and try to backdoor everyone else in the process.

Now that MM signed, the carrot that was having his brother in the team is done with. No need for him to stick around and cause problems for them. So adding in Pol Espargaro a well known rival of MM while in Moto2, is just icing on the cake for HRC. It will force MM to rider harder, faster and more reckless in order to achieve for HRC.

Regardless if Valentino Rossi is still fast enough or not. I applauded him back in 2004 when he jumped to Yamaha to prove that it was the rider and not the bike. What Rossi did in 2004, was the biggest public dick in a manufactures mouth that anyone could have done. HRC has never forgotten that humiliation, and are now doing anything they can to blot that from the history books. Look at the move to retain Marquez for four more years. The potential is there for him to surpass Rossi in titles and many other records. So for HRC that's the best thing they can do, wipe Rossi off the map in terms of relevance in the sport, when they have their hired gun surpass his records.

HRC have always been dicks and this proves it.

As for Rossi, no one will ever fill his shoes and no one should even try. He's irreplaceable in terms of MotoGP. He is too long in the tooth now to race and should retire. I agree with Stoner's comments, it is disappointing seeing him demoted to a satellite team. Time for the old king to retire, live it up with all the hot italian babes and become a happy tyrant.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

IF indeed true then that means Pol is pretty much set for Honda and Alex Marquez just got the worst boot ever, feel bad for that kid.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...1/4809223/amp/
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2GQ View Post
    Woooaaaahhhh... this is big news. Is HRC getting between brothers? I remember taking the air out of by brothers' tires... a sibling rivalry might make MotoGP interesting.
    You know, I am honestly at a loss as of why they'd scrap him so soon honestly, unless Alex himself felt perhaps pressured into taking the seat with the sudden Lorenzo retirement and all and it regret the decision? I honestly don't know but sucks for him cause all seats in Moto2 are taken and although there's other seats in GP right now but most of them are nearly guaranteed just awaiting signatures. Only option I see for him is taking Nakagamis seat at LCR and Nakagami becoming the main LCR rider to replace Cal given he's been talking about retirement pretty heavily this past season, that's the only thing that comes to mind honestly is that maybe HRC want to make him a satellite rider to bring him up to speed and then perhaps later bring him back into the Repsol garage with more experience on the bike. Again just my assumption but who knows, HRC does shit weird...

I think it's rather odd as well, sign the younger brother to a one year deal. COVID-19 strikes, no one has turned a wheel in anger, yet HRC are ready to dump him and move onto another rider. As always with Honda/HRC everything they do stinks, and this is no different. I'm not even a fan of the Alex Marquez, but I think the move to sign him to a one year deal was to appease the Marquez clan. Once they had Marc Marquez signed for a 4 year deal!! They knew they had achieved what they needed. Having the elder 6 time champion sign on for another four years, basically guarantees HRC that they will be fighting for the title and potentially still win the title all four years.

HRC does what HRC always has and always will, line their pockets, stack the deck in their favor and try to backdoor everyone else in the process.

Now that MM signed, the carrot that was having his brother in the team is done with. No need for him to stick around and cause problems for them. So adding in Pol Espargaro a well known rival of MM while in Moto2, is just icing on the cake for HRC. It will force MM to rider harder, faster and more reckless in order to achieve for HRC.

Regardless if Valentino Rossi is still fast enough or not. I applauded him back in 2004 when he jumped to Yamaha to prove that it was the rider and not the bike. What Rossi did in 2004, was the biggest public dick in a manufactures mouth that anyone could have done. HRC has never forgotten that humiliation, and are now doing anything they can to blot that from the history books. Look at the move to retain Marquez for four more years. The potential is there for him to surpass Rossi in titles and many other records. So for HRC that's the best thing they can do, wipe Rossi off the map in terms of relevance in the sport, when they have their hired gun surpass his records.

HRC have always been dicks and this proves it.

As for Rossi, no one will ever fill his shoes and no one should even try. He's irreplaceable in terms of MotoGP. He is too long in the tooth now to race and should retire. I agree with Stoner's comments, it is disappointing seeing him demoted to a satellite team. Time for the old king to retire, live it up with all the hot italian babes and become a happy tyrant.
    Well didn't MM sign the deal way before Alex even agreed or was even approached about the seat since Lorenzo hadn't even mentioned anything about retirement to even HRC till last minute really (or well what they tell us at least) but this shows that maybe they knew it was coming or whatever.

Yeah that win at South Africa against Honda was one of the best and also beating Biaggi after he had said he needed the Honda to win lmao... Rossi I don't care what people say, he's at his own level just like MM is for his era. Honestly typical HRC move playing the politics that best fits them. While I am glad for Pol since he works just as hard as his brother and they're good dudes BUT doing Alex that dirty is just messed up, unless like I stated above he decided to part ways mutually and work his way up, maybe it is too much pressure for him or whatever since he's gotta live up to his brothers expectation being a Marquez and he'll be in his shadow.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

You know, I am honestly at a loss as of why they'd scrap him so soon honestly, unless Alex himself felt perhaps pressured into taking the seat with the sudden Lorenzo retirement and all and it regret the decision? I honestly don't know but sucks for him cause all seats in Moto2 are taken and although there's other seats in GP right now but most of them are nearly guaranteed just awaiting signatures. Only option I see for him is taking Nakagamis seat at LCR and Nakagami becoming the main LCR rider to replace Cal given he's been talking about retirement pretty heavily this past season, that's the only thing that comes to mind honestly is that maybe HRC want to make him a satellite rider to bring him up to speed and then perhaps later bring him back into the Repsol garage with more experience on the bike. Again just my assumption but who knows, HRC does shit weird...

Well didn't MM sign the deal way before Alex even agreed or was even approached about the seat since Lorenzo hadn't even mentioned anything about retirement to even HRC till last minute really (or well what they tell us at least) but this shows that maybe they knew it was coming or whatever.

Yeah that win at South Africa against Honda was one of the best and also beating Biaggi after he had said he needed the Honda to win lmao... Rossi I don't care what people say, he's at his own level just like MM is for his era. Honestly typical HRC move playing the politics that best fits them. While I am glad for Pol since he works just as hard as his brother and they're good dudes BUT doing Alex that dirty is just messed up, unless like I stated above he decided to part ways mutually and work his way up, maybe it is too much pressure for him or whatever since he's gotta live up to his brothers expectation being a Marquez and he'll be in his shadow.
    As far as I remember, MM just signed his 4 year deal not that long ago(February time frame?). And his brother was already signed way before that to ride for this season(2020). They picked up his brother rather quick after Lorenzo retired. So, not sure when Alex Marquez signed but it was back at the end of last season 2019 time frame. MM signing his four year deal, happened just this year.

So that being said, yes I still think it was a carrot to dangle in front of Marc to have him sign a four year deal. All but ensuring he will live out the rest of his (dominant)days as a Repsol rider.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

As far as I remember, MM just signed his 4 year deal not that long ago(February time frame?). And his brother was already signed way before that to ride for this season(2020). They picked up his brother rather quick after Lorenzo retired. So, not sure when Alex Marquez signed but it was back at the end of last season 2019 time frame. MM signing his four year deal, happened just this year.

So that being said, yes I still think it was a carrot to dangle in front of Marc to have him sign a four year deal. All but ensuring he will live out the rest of his (dominant)days as a Repsol rider.
    Nevermind, you are correct. I had my timeline all jacked up yeah I wonder what this is going to do to the Marquez/HRC relations
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Petrucci to replace Oliveira at Tech 3 KTM and Oliveira to take over Pol Espargaros seat at Factory KTM, which confirms Pol to HRC or possibly Ducati as Dovizioso has not signed an extension yet and his contract is over this year. Rumors are also that Dovi doesn’t seem very enthused to keep racing.
    Last edited by madvlad; Thu Jun 25th, 2020 at 02:26 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Petrucci to replace Oliveira at Tech 3 KTM and Oliveira to take over Pol Espargaros seat at Factory KTM, which confirms Pol to HRC or possibly Ducati as Dovizioso has not signed an extension yet and his contract is over this year. Rumors are also that Dovi doesn’t seem very enthused to keep racing.
    Kind of figured P. Espargaro was going to HRC.

Dude, I'm hearing Lorenzo has been in talks with Ducati. That he has approached them about getting his ride back with them. Talks with Dovi have stalled on both sides due to salary demands.

Who knows at this point. If Pol is going to HRC, and we don't hear anything new from Dovi. Then it might be true and it will be a shock for the whole MotoGP world if Lorenzo goes back. First he says he lost his motivation and was worried about his injuries. Then he accepts a testing position, which even Lin Jarvis said had ulterior motives behind it. He wanted the test spot along with wild cards. He was going to use Yamaha to see if he was competitive still. Then jump back in the market for 2021. And if he does come back, what a joke his word will mean. First he's afraid of injury, then says well just as a tester I'll be for, then come back full time. Means he wasn't afraid of anything except that RCV bike.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Oh wow I didn’t know that Lorenzo was in talks with Ducati too this dude is tarnishing the little bit of credibility he has left, what a joke. He got on with the Honda and saw that it was just as hard to ride and nothing but maybe for Suzuki would be as easy as the Yamaha to ride so he opted for the cowardly way out... hope Ducati doesn’t give him the seat, what a joke. The fact that they paid Lorenzo way more than they paid Dovizioso and Dovi has been runner up these last few years, he should be getting paid more. It wouldn’t surprise me if Dovi stops racing altogether cause doubt Ducati will pay him what he wants, mainly after this pandemic bullshit
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Pretty good day of racing at Road America today. Congratulations to Kyle Wyman on his first podium on the Ducati V4R project after a heated last lap battle in which unfortunately Toni Elias made a mistake of passing Kyle on a yellow flag and cost him the podium position. Race two live tomorrow on Fox Sports or the MotoAmerica Live+ pass
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Being reported that Dovi had a dirt bike crash and has a collarbone injury and will undergo surgery right away in hopes to be fit by the season opener
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Van DeMark to leave WSBK Pata Yamaha team at the end of 2020 to start BMW Motorrad project in 2021

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/202...+title+assault
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Word is that the MotoGP round at COTA is scrapped for this season and it will be rescheduled for April 2021.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Word is that the MotoGP round at COTA is scrapped for this season and it will be rescheduled for April 2021.
    That's not a surprise considering how Covid cases are going in Texas.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

That's not a surprise considering how Covid cases are going in Texas.
    Yeah I am surprised there will be a season at all honestly but glad to have racing back even if in a weird format and seeing teams back in action/testing all across the racing levels. One more week!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Little late on the post here but faster movies is doing a free screening just today of the doctor, the tornado and the kentucky kid to commemorate the 2005 Laguna Seca Race, pretty cool documentary so if you're bored and want to watch something to end your weekend on a good note, go check it out.

https://fastermovies.com/laguna-seca-motogp-event
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1