Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

As expected Pol to Honda for 21-22, Morbidelli stays with Petronas for 21-22 and Alex Marquez takes a seat at LCR for 21-22 as well as Crutchlow exits HRC.

Also given that Dovi is playing hard to get, there is rumor that if Redding does well in WSBK this season, Ducati may sign him back on to get Dovi’s seat.

Pretty crazy to me that MotoGP still wants to charge the full season price for like half the races, that's insane... Fuck that, guess I'll be watching replays

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Pretty crazy to me that MotoGP still wants to charge the full season price for like half the races, that's insane... Fuck that, guess I'll be watching replays
    It's what it is always about man, money. Dorna is playing the game, and in the process are going to jam everyone full price. Because why?? They can, that's why. I'm not signing up for shit. I don't even care this season. If it's not at all the tracks, then it's not a full season. This year's champion should wear an asterisk by their name for winning this year(yes even if it happened to be Rossi). Can't give someone full credit for a half ass race season championship. I don't even care about the fact that most of them have been locked down. That's given them all plenty of time to hit their home gyms and train.

I'll check Crash.net for results and commentary but I won't be watching the races via MotoGP.com
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

congratulations to Fabio on his first MotoGP win, definitely cementing the Yamaha head honcho decision to have signed him onto the Factory seat for next year. Not sure what the hell Rossi and Viñales were thinking with the tire choice, just a beyond stupid decision honestly.

Bummer for Marquez on the high side and a speedy recovery to him but reality arrives sooner or later, sure hope the injury won’t have insane repercussions for him but his 2020 title defense is looking rather grim, mainly with the shortened season and if this injury keeps him out for more than a round or possibly more.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/07/19/marc-marquez-suffers-fractured-humerus-in-jerez-crash/334185

Just watched some highlights on YouTube. That was a nasty highside for Marquez. Hard landing and then the bike impacted him as well. This will be a tough year for MM93, as that kind of break will take weeks(6 to 8 or more for strength) to fully heal to 100%. He will for certain miss a race or two coming up. I can't see him trying an attempt to ride with that kind of injury.

As for FQ, that was a very good performance and he seemed to pull a Lorenzo. Hit the front and maintained consistent fast laps. So big congrats to him, as a race winner but also winning for a Satellite team. Don't see many of those wins come and is good to see someone else winning. The kid is fast that's for sure.

Vinales seemed to manage the tire choice, Rossi seems to have forgot how to race. His technical issue isn't his fault, the bike just quit. But his performance while still in the race was dismal. The dude's head is elsewhere.

Like I said in an earlier post. This season will be different and this year's champion should wear an asterisk next to their name. Less races, no fans and tracks that get recycled back to back will make for an anything but normal season. Whoever wins the crown this year will have earned it, but will have to wear an asterisk next to their name that reads "see footnotes for messed up 2020 season".
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I, for one am insanely pleased with how unpredictable this season is haha, loving the races and just the boost of confidence from riders you wouldn't be counting in usually to bring it to the top of the pack. This race by Binder was beyond amazing, this kid used all the nasty criticism by the media/fans on the incident with Oliveira at Jerez as a motivator and with the win he told them to go fuck themselves, he is here to win! Had the pleasure to have met Binder at the MotoAmerica/MotoGP COTA round a couple years ago cause we were pitted next to Cam Petersen and our local Road Race Factory Team and he had rolled by to say hi to Cam since they're both from South Africa. What a cool and super humble dude man, definitely became a fan of his from that day, so very happy to have seen him make history and hope he can keep building from this point on. The KTM rookies cup is proving to be a sure formula for talent coming up the ranks and I am sure KTM will keep promoting from within.

At this juncture, I see why KTM didn't bother to keep Pol and let him walk over to HRC. While Pol is a great rider and has helped KTM come up the ranks but his hot head doesn't allow him to make smart choices as it showed yet again getting over his head, running wide and coming back into a race line very blatantly and for once I don't agree with this penalty against Zarco, he was holding his line and Pol was the one that ran into him but glad Zarco was able to keep the podium position after all. Seeing KTM makes these strides is also the great work of Pedrosa which can't be ignored, he showed them where they lacked, they got to work and man what a way to show results! Nice to have another factory joining the fight.

Can't take away credit from Morbidelli with having led most of the race and being very composed although the late tire issues that hindered him. Also hats off to Rins, what a ride and placement for being injured. Ducati Corse is I am sure having a coronary at this moment with the poor performance from both Dovi and Petrucci, wonder if Zarco keeps riding the way he showed today, he may be joining Miller. To have placed 3rd and taken pole position being the poorest team in the paddock says that Dovi and Petrucci are mentally checked out and just speaks tons of their current lack of professionalism with Ducati and their respective contracts. Dovi mainly isn't doing himself any favors by acting the way he is and age isn't on his side, mainly with as much young talent coming up the ranks. Having been runner up doesn't give him the right to be a prima donna and he's paying dearly for it. If money is what he is after, maybe he should go sign up with Aprilia and never see the front again.