Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

As expected Pol to Honda for 21-22, Morbidelli stays with Petronas for 21-22 and Alex Marquez takes a seat at LCR for 21-22 as well as Crutchlow exits HRC.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Also given that Dovi is playing hard to get, there is rumor that if Redding does well in WSBK this season, Ducati may sign him back on to get Dovi’s seat.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Pretty crazy to me that MotoGP still wants to charge the full season price for like half the races, that's insane... Fuck that, guess I'll be watching replays
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Pretty crazy to me that MotoGP still wants to charge the full season price for like half the races, that's insane... Fuck that, guess I'll be watching replays
    It's what it is always about man, money. Dorna is playing the game, and in the process are going to jam everyone full price. Because why?? They can, that's why. I'm not signing up for shit. I don't even care this season. If it's not at all the tracks, then it's not a full season. This year's champion should wear an asterisk by their name for winning this year(yes even if it happened to be Rossi). Can't give someone full credit for a half ass race season championship. I don't even care about the fact that most of them have been locked down. That's given them all plenty of time to hit their home gyms and train.

I'll check Crash.net for results and commentary but I won't be watching the races via MotoGP.com
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

congratulations to Fabio on his first MotoGP win, definitely cementing the Yamaha head honcho decision to have signed him onto the Factory seat for next year. Not sure what the hell Rossi and Viñales were thinking with the tire choice, just a beyond stupid decision honestly.

Bummer for Marquez on the high side and a speedy recovery to him but reality arrives sooner or later, sure hope the injury won’t have insane repercussions for him but his 2020 title defense is looking rather grim, mainly with the shortened season and if this injury keeps him out for more than a round or possibly more.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/07/19/marc-marquez-suffers-fractured-humerus-in-jerez-crash/334185
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Just watched some highlights on YouTube. That was a nasty highside for Marquez. Hard landing and then the bike impacted him as well. This will be a tough year for MM93, as that kind of break will take weeks(6 to 8 or more for strength) to fully heal to 100%. He will for certain miss a race or two coming up. I can't see him trying an attempt to ride with that kind of injury.

As for FQ, that was a very good performance and he seemed to pull a Lorenzo. Hit the front and maintained consistent fast laps. So big congrats to him, as a race winner but also winning for a Satellite team. Don't see many of those wins come and is good to see someone else winning. The kid is fast that's for sure.

Vinales seemed to manage the tire choice, Rossi seems to have forgot how to race. His technical issue isn't his fault, the bike just quit. But his performance while still in the race was dismal. The dude's head is elsewhere.

Like I said in an earlier post. This season will be different and this year's champion should wear an asterisk next to their name. Less races, no fans and tracks that get recycled back to back will make for an anything but normal season. Whoever wins the crown this year will have earned it, but will have to wear an asterisk next to their name that reads "see footnotes for messed up 2020 season".
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I, for one am insanely pleased with how unpredictable this season is haha, loving the races and just the boost of confidence from riders you wouldn't be counting in usually to bring it to the top of the pack. This race by Binder was beyond amazing, this kid used all the nasty criticism by the media/fans on the incident with Oliveira at Jerez as a motivator and with the win he told them to go fuck themselves, he is here to win! Had the pleasure to have met Binder at the MotoAmerica/MotoGP COTA round a couple years ago cause we were pitted next to Cam Petersen and our local Road Race Factory Team and he had rolled by to say hi to Cam since they're both from South Africa. What a cool and super humble dude man, definitely became a fan of his from that day, so very happy to have seen him make history and hope he can keep building from this point on. The KTM rookies cup is proving to be a sure formula for talent coming up the ranks and I am sure KTM will keep promoting from within.

At this juncture, I see why KTM didn't bother to keep Pol and let him walk over to HRC. While Pol is a great rider and has helped KTM come up the ranks but his hot head doesn't allow him to make smart choices as it showed yet again getting over his head, running wide and coming back into a race line very blatantly and for once I don't agree with this penalty against Zarco, he was holding his line and Pol was the one that ran into him but glad Zarco was able to keep the podium position after all. Seeing KTM makes these strides is also the great work of Pedrosa which can't be ignored, he showed them where they lacked, they got to work and man what a way to show results! Nice to have another factory joining the fight.

Can't take away credit from Morbidelli with having led most of the race and being very composed although the late tire issues that hindered him. Also hats off to Rins, what a ride and placement for being injured. Ducati Corse is I am sure having a coronary at this moment with the poor performance from both Dovi and Petrucci, wonder if Zarco keeps riding the way he showed today, he may be joining Miller. To have placed 3rd and taken pole position being the poorest team in the paddock says that Dovi and Petrucci are mentally checked out and just speaks tons of their current lack of professionalism with Ducati and their respective contracts. Dovi mainly isn't doing himself any favors by acting the way he is and age isn't on his side, mainly with as much young talent coming up the ranks. Having been runner up doesn't give him the right to be a prima donna and he's paying dearly for it. If money is what he is after, maybe he should go sign up with Aprilia and never see the front again.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Confirmed by Tardozzi during FP4 that Dovi won’t continue with Ducati
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Confirmed by Tardozzi during FP4 that Dovi won’t continue with Ducati
    Yep, and then Dovi goes on to win the race today LOL!! Nothing makes sense in 2020 anymore. With a Dovi win, the title chase is blown wide open. Even Rossi is having a sniff of top 3 in the championship at the moment. Nothing makes a bit of sense this year....

also, since I don't have the motogp subscription I have to rely on YouTube for highlights. However, as I was reading on Crash.net there was a huge crash today in T3 of Spielberg Ring. Found some video on-line and all I can say is wow, massive divine intervention for Vinales and Rossi, and really everyone involved for this accident. That was brutal.

Starting to think the Austrian GP is maybe a little dangerous for bikes. That main straight they pick up so much speed and it is very hard to scrub off. Plus with Zarco pulling in front of Morbidelli that way, basically cut his air down and the draft took over for Franco and sucked him right into the back of Zarco. Racing incident for sure but that aftermath was the brutal part.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I mean as much as I like Dovi man and I get that he's been the runner up and all but he chose to be greedy at the worst time, COVID has put a lot of strain on teams financially and no team can pay high wages at the moment. All in all he is the one that decided to stop riding with them and guess we'll see who and IF anyone is willing to pay him what he wants... Yeah watching that incident live was one of the most gut wrenching things besides when Supersic died man... that could have been about one of the most catastrophic wrecks in MotoGP history. I know everyone is blaming Zarco but I honestly doubt he did it on purpose, that would just be deranged to think in that way. At that moment he's thinking about defending his position on the inside, not cause a wreck. All in all very thankful that nobody was hurt and even Hafiz also walked away on that gnarly ass Moto2 crash, we almost lost a local rider in that same type of crash at the main straight at HPR here a few years ago and man these incidents really remind you of how fragile it all is.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Congrats to Mir and Suzuki for the Championship!!

A rather odd championship this year, clearly no real dominant riders emerged. I will tip Morbidelli to do very well come next year, he's fast and metronomic. I also think Rins and Mir will be back with even more consistency and an improved bike. Marquez will be back and have something to prove. Ducati are really out to sea at the moment. Course they are not alone, they have Yamaha to keep them company in the race to the bottom to see who can earn the, "we completely have no clue what we're doing" trophy.

After the first few races, I expected more from Yamaha. Quartararo is proving to be mentally fragile, which will be a perfect match to Vinales' fragility. I don't see Yamaha doing squat next year. I see Morbidelli doing well and maybe Rossi doing better, being that he won't have pressure of the Factory on him. He can just out and ride.

I can't believe Dovi will take a year off and then try to come back, I think he's going to retire. Also just to show how out in the weeds Yamaha really are, they are entertaining having Crutchlow as their new test rider. Are they trying to test how well their bikes will handle a crash?? If they sign him, that R&D budget will have to be doubled.

I think next year will be good for some and terrible for others.

At least I can finally watch MotoGP on regular channels again. NBCSports has shown the races this year. I wasn't about to sign up to pay for a half a season.

Again, huge congrats to Mir and Suzuki. I'm a Suzuki guy at heart and love seeing my manufacture finally win something.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Sorry I've been off for a minute haha, not much talk around here anymore but I'm sure people still lurk....

Yeah definitely very cool seeing Suzuki back on top and with two very young riders, Mir has been super consistent ever since his bad start to the season and has been finding himself more and more. Now they have a chance to get the triple crown which will cement them as kings of 2020. Yeah definitely will agree that MM will have something serious to prove this upcoming 2021 but it'll all lie on whether he can completely recover from his injury given that he will have to go through another surgery and even more recovery so there's talk that he may not even be ready for the start of 2021 but guess we'll see. Yeah Yamaha is definitely found ways to complicate their own lives even more and crazy enough is that even though the reliability issues and all that craziness, they still have 7 wins this season which crazy enough 6 of them come from their satellite team lol, that's insane and 2021 won't be much different given the engine allocation is frozen so they're going to have to pray that those engines hold out given that if 2021 goes to a normal calendar setting, there will be 6 more races than this year so fingers crossed for them.

As far as Cal's naming for test rider, in all honesty I'm not against it as he's got plenty of experience and honestly Lorenzo has been off a bike for way too long and has lost his rhythm/level so I don't blame Yamaha for going with him instead of Lorenzo, given that also Lorenzo has intentions of coming back onto the grid and Yamaha were kind of mad that he was trying to use them as a stepping stone back pre-covid to find another seat since he couldn't handle the Honda. Lorenzo honestly won't be back in the paddock mainly with how much upcoming talent there is in moto2 and moto3 outfits and teams seem to be promoting from there instead of bringing old dogs back. I also see Dovi being finished after this so called year off as well, he let his ego get the best of him and damn shame cause he had a lot more to give but well best of luck to him in the new ventures which he seems to have a lot of business going on outside of MotoGP. Speaking of finished careers, Iannone's career is also done with a 4 year ban not including the year he's been off, damn shame for that dude to end the way he did over something that dumb.

I believe the 2021 season will raise the bar insanely in many ways given a lot of riders have found form they never thought they'd get so that'll bring the challenge to MM if he can manage to come back and stay healthy. There's rumors as of today in FP2 in Portugal of Joe Roberts from Moto2 taking the Aprilia Factory seat and although rumors but man how cool would that be for another American getting promoted just like Cameron Beaubier is taking Roberts seat at American Racing for 21-22 and Yamaha even had Gerloff turn a few laps on Rossi's bike at Valencia and man he impressed them insanely, I see Gerloff getting a chance at a MotoGP ride if he keeps this up or at least the Pata Yamaha WSBK seat next year since he's only on a 1 year contract with GRT and again impressed hardcore given he had never been on a prototype bike and or Valencia before and he was very close to the top runners with very consistent and improving lap times in also tricky and cold conditions. The MotoAmerica program is showing to be working wonders and is starting to promote riders to the big stage and it's a very exciting time for US based riders man, hope it makes the sport boom here even more.

Should be a good last race weekend, sucks it has to come to an end but as weird as the season was, I for one am glad that all stages had a season and it did not disappoint at all. Hope everyone has a good thanksgiving and holidays, I know it's been a weird ass year and all but hope everyone is hanging in there
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Sorry I've been off for a minute haha, not much talk around here anymore but I'm sure people still lurk....

Yeah definitely very cool seeing Suzuki back on top and with two very young riders, Mir has been super consistent ever since his bad start to the season and has been finding himself more and more. Now they have a chance to get the triple crown which will cement them as kings of 2020. Yeah definitely will agree that MM will have something serious to prove this upcoming 2021 but it'll all lie on whether he can completely recover from his injury given that he will have to go through another surgery and even more recovery so there's talk that he may not even be ready for the start of 2021 but guess we'll see. Yeah Yamaha is definitely found ways to complicate their own lives even more and crazy enough is that even though the reliability issues and all that craziness, they still have 7 wins this season which crazy enough 6 of them come from their satellite team lol, that's insane and 2021 won't be much different given the engine allocation is frozen so they're going to have to pray that those engines hold out given that if 2021 goes to a normal calendar setting, there will be 6 more races than this year so fingers crossed for them.

As far as Cal's naming for test rider, in all honesty I'm not against it as he's got plenty of experience and honestly Lorenzo has been off a bike for way too long and has lost his rhythm/level so I don't blame Yamaha for going with him instead of Lorenzo, given that also Lorenzo has intentions of coming back onto the grid and Yamaha were kind of mad that he was trying to use them as a stepping stone back pre-covid to find another seat since he couldn't handle the Honda. Lorenzo honestly won't be back in the paddock mainly with how much upcoming talent there is in moto2 and moto3 outfits and teams seem to be promoting from there instead of bringing old dogs back. I also see Dovi being finished after this so called year off as well, he let his ego get the best of him and damn shame cause he had a lot more to give but well best of luck to him in the new ventures which he seems to have a lot of business going on outside of MotoGP. Speaking of finished careers, Iannone's career is also done with a 4 year ban not including the year he's been off, damn shame for that dude to end the way he did over something that dumb.

I believe the 2021 season will raise the bar insanely in many ways given a lot of riders have found form they never thought they'd get so that'll bring the challenge to MM if he can manage to come back and stay healthy. There's rumors as of today in FP2 in Portugal of Joe Roberts from Moto2 taking the Aprilia Factory seat and although rumors but man how cool would that be for another American getting promoted just like Cameron Beaubier is taking Roberts seat at American Racing for 21-22 and Yamaha even had Gerloff turn a few laps on Rossi's bike at Valencia and man he impressed them insanely, I see Gerloff getting a chance at a MotoGP ride if he keeps this up or at least the Pata Yamaha WSBK seat next year since he's only on a 1 year contract with GRT and again impressed hardcore given he had never been on a prototype bike and or Valencia before and he was very close to the top runners with very consistent and improving lap times in also tricky and cold conditions. The MotoAmerica program is showing to be working wonders and is starting to promote riders to the big stage and it's a very exciting time for US based riders man, hope it makes the sport boom here even more.

Should be a good last race weekend, sucks it has to come to an end but as weird as the season was, I for one am glad that all stages had a season and it did not disappoint at all. Hope everyone has a good thanksgiving and holidays, I know it's been a weird ass year and all but hope everyone is hanging in there
    What is crazy is I've heard rumors on Marc's arm looking all shriveled and puny. Some say, the surgery really took a toll on his during recovery. I also didn't know he had to have another surgery, but I'm with you then if he does then yes he might not be ready for 2021. We could be finally seeing his dominance come to an end through injury. Which in all honesty, was a "when" and not "if" scenario. A rider can't ride the way Marquez does, take the risks he does and then not have to pay the piper when it all comes down. I think Marquez knew it as well, that's why he was riding the way he did. He knew that if he could amass as many wins, and championships as possible in the shortest time. That when he eventually did get an injury he could look back and see his accomplishments. Which basically, he can be extremely proud of all he's accomplished. Time will tell though if he can recover, and then come back to the level he was at pre-crash/arm break.

I'm not really looking for much from Yamaha in 2021. Except, for a bunch more of inconsistency. They really are out to sea in terms of getting their act together. You're right, they have won the most races and really have nothing to show for it. It's what I've always thought, you can win races all the time, but if engines blow up in the races you don't win. It erases those points from all the wins you gain. DNF's(or lack thereof) are probably more crucial than race wins. Perfect example is Mir. Started off slow but then just kept building. Putting in the time and effort, getting the points and then finally the race win. It took him to the championship. Not because he was the most dominant but because he had the most consistency and less DNF's.

Look at Rossi this year, how many DNF's or DNS's does he have?? 6,7 or 8??... He's basically missed half the season, due to either falling off the bike, bike blowing up, bike just stopping, the "Rona". And let's not forget the miracle of "NOT" being taken out once, but twice in the same moment of time by Zarco and Morbidelli's bikes(Austria). I'm surprised he has any points, talk about a dismal year.

I'm sure Cal will be a better test rider than Lorenzo. Albeit just because he's still been racing and active. Lorenzo took a hiatus and has been buying Lambo's and doing his thing. Can't blame him, he's earned it and 2020 was just a year for weird things to happen. But I agree, he wanted out of Honda so bad that he took retirement. Then came back in a pseudo-test rider way. Only for it to leak that he wants back in with a ride from a factory team. Would surprise me if Aprilia pick him up considering what happened to Iannone. For Aprilia it really is a no risk decision. They didn't lose much not having Iannone, let's face it A. Espargaro does his thing, and B. Smith is nothing fancy. So having Lorenzo in the mix would make things spicy and make get them some better results and the odd podium here and there. Win, win for Aprilia.

Iannone can go back to getting cosmetic surgery and botox, thus indulge his vanity.

Funny you bring up MotoAmerica. Thought this year was a little odd, seemed Suzuki or Elias didn't bother to show up. Beaubier seemed to always win but a country mile and no one had anything for him. Kind of a turd of a season for them. Supersports had some good action though. I am glad to see MotoAmerica at least be the platform to develop riders and hopefully prepare them for the world stage if they make it there. Gerloff posted some decent races this year in WSBK.

Do I think he's a threat to the top guys, especially Rea?? Not really, only thing that will stop Johnny Rea is Johnny Rea. While I think Scott Redding gave him some competition this year, wasn't like when Bautista showed up last year. Rea just keeps getting better and faster. Gerloff will get better but he's going to have to dig deep to get to the sharp end with the top guys.

I do think Gerloff will do better in WSBK, than what Beaubier is going to find in Moto2. I like Beaubier and respect him but I think he's going to get crushed in Moto2. Moto2 guys don't mess around and I think he's going to find out what fast is all about when he gets there. He's had it fairly easy in America with his only competition being an aging Elias. This year, was cake walk for him as well with no competition. Moto2 is going to be a reality check. Wish him all the best in Moto2, he's going to need it.

I'm glad we did get some racing in 2020. Formula 1 was good, eventhough it's Hamilton series. Racing was good and at least they did a lot of tracks. MotoGP could have been better with more tracks but better than nothing. WSBK was actually pretty good this year and MotoAmerica was good. Always looked forward to coming home and jumping on YouTube to see their highlights of races, even show some lower class races in full length on their YouTube channel.

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving and Christmas and a nice quiet end to 2020. It's been a weird year and nothing surprises anyone, anymore.

But I will say this, hold on to your seats people because, if you think 2020 was bad. I think we're going to get really humped hardcore in 2021, got a bad feeling about 2021. Let's hope it all doesn't happen though.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"