Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    From what it's being said is that he does some modeling in Italy or some shit like that. He definitely should rethink his priorities cause apparently his other gig outweighs his riding gig by the looks of it and if it does that's cool, do what makes you happy but obviously he can't balance both. He doesn't even look anything close to the same hungry rider as before. Hell Aprilia delivers a very promising bike and he fucks it up...
    I think getting bounced out of Ducati took some wind out of his sails. Which is sad, because at Ducati he was very fast and just needed to work on consistency. Would have thought going to Suzuki would have made his life a little easier being that it's a well balanced package. That didn't happen and he sucked it up at Suzuki. I think he rides now just to get paid. As you say, he lost the hunger and desire to push the limits. Just an all around turd anymore.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

No doubt man, the way he rode with Pramac and with the factory team was amazing. Definitely a bummer where he sits at the moment for such a talented rider
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Just saw the 2nd virtual race and it was fun man, never thought I’d say it haha. Vale was in this one too and a few others. Hope they put a few more together since at this rate we won’t see a 2020 season
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Alex Rins extends contract with Suzuki for 2021-22’ seasons. Smart move from Suzuki honestly as he’s shown improvement and has been building a strong case and relationship with the team.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...o-years/329546
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Joan Mir renews with Suzuki through 2022 as well

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...nd-2022/330041
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Joan Mir renews with Suzuki through 2022 as well

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...nd-2022/330041
    Not sure why they are re-signing riders. If this season ends up being scrapped, then it only makes sense to let 2021 play out as if it were 2020(meaning all riders stay in place for the next year). It would basically just push back all signings. With the development and engine freezes in place, might as well put a contract freeze until this all gets sort out.

On a side note, I'm wondering how motogp.com will handle refunding people that signed up for new season memberships before the "fit hit the shan" and the season came to an abrupt stop. I for one am glad I let mine expire last November. Something kept telling me not to renew and just wait it out for the new season. I'm so glad I didn't renew my subscription but I feel bad for everyone that did, as they've been jived out a potential season. Sure you can watch old races but that gets old fast.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Not sure why they are re-signing riders. If this season ends up being scrapped, then it only makes sense to let 2021 play out as if it were 2020(meaning all riders stay in place for the next year). It would basically just push back all signings. With the development and engine freezes in place, might as well put a contract freeze until this all gets sort out.

On a side note, I'm wondering how motogp.com will handle refunding people that signed up for new season memberships before the "fit hit the shan" and the season came to an abrupt stop. I for one am glad I let mine expire last November. Something kept telling me not to renew and just wait it out for the new season. I'm so glad I didn't renew my subscription but I feel bad for everyone that did, as they've been jived out a potential season. Sure you can watch old races but that gets old fast.
    All in all I think team directives keep a mindset of intending things to continue on, the situation seem to be stabilizing slowly but surely and events with many strict guidelines will start to happen either way. From what I understand and I've read around (but not sure how true it may be since the actual factories haven't announced themselves in that regard, so it's all speculation at this juncture), is that IF indeed this season doesn't happen (although Ezpeleta expects the season starting in June/July), if the same riders from 2020 would remain for the 2021 season or if contracts would be paid out and then the 2021 already agreed to contracts would take place like in Rossi and Quartararo's case which is a prime example or how it would affect riders like Petrucci, Alex Marquez, Miller and others who are on a one year contract only. Guess they're also waiting to see what happens since this bullshit caught everyone with their pants down and then some to make a decision in that regard.

As far as the season pass I am not sure, they haven't charged me anything actually and it's at the moment free for all as long as you have an account to access their platform and all that good stuff. As far as the people that pay for it all at once maybe a pro-ration will be refunded back? No idea honestly but sure hope they won't pull a 24 hr fitness and keep charging people for something they can't use which in this case is live race weekend action and not the archives as you mentioned as replaying old races does get old after a bit. I foresee that company falling on their ass once all of this is over, they're going to loose a ton of members for what they're doing.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun May 3rd, 2020 at 08:54 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well I'll be damned. NBC is playing 2019 race replays. They got Thailand on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2GQ View Post
    Well I'll be damned. NBC is playing 2019 race replays. They got Thailand on right now.
    hell yeah that’s pretty cool, they need to start capturing audiences and this is the time to do so, while everyone is at home having to watch tv and what not, hope they bump into these and get hooked haha
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Honestly man, I wish he would just retire. He's going to further tarnish his great legacy with switching over to some 2nd tier team. I get it, he's going to get a works Yamaha, but it still isn't a factory ride. Dude's got to call it a day. To me it's just a slap in the face to get demoted to a satellite team. Satellite teams/bikes are for "up and comer's" and "also ran's", with the former being light years better than the latter.

Guy is about to flame out and just needs to hit eject at this point. There is no shame in it either. I'd use the Coronavirus as the catalyst that made me decide to retire, when it all reality he gets away with a freebie using the Coronovirus. I'd rather chock my retirement up to a bug that circled the globe and shut racing down, than getting put out with the rest of the garbage in a satellite team.

I guarantee this, he won't win, he won't podium and he will be lucky to top 5 on the Petronas bike. At some point reality needs to set in and he needs to let go of this childish, "racing is my passion, and I love to race only" s**t that he keeps peddling and realize that it's time to f**kin let go. As a grown man, he just needs to grow up. No I'm also not one of those that thinks everyone who finishes behind him, needs to quit either. I just think he's not as fast and should realize it.

And before anyone jumps my case for crapping on someone's dream(and I'm a huge Rossi fan). That's not what's happening here, he's lived the dream and won it all 9 times over with 115 bonuses to tack on it. I'm the last person to tell someone that their dream is BS. That's not what this is, this isn't about achieving a dream and having that spark in your eye about being the best of the best. This is about a dude that's not operating on the sharp end of the spear anymore, realizes it but doesn't want to let go.

There's only one thing that has a perfect 100% win record, and that's Father Time. Eventually he catches us all.....

P.S.
    If he does decide to race for one more year, I wish him the best. But man it is going to be a painful year.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah I mean didn’t help that the bike absolutely sucked for two-three seasons and I don’t even think Lorenzo could have done any better honestly, the bike was just crap. Now that they got some of the bugs worked out or well apparently based on preseason testing results the pandemic happens and all of that but yeah sort of agree with you man. He should maybe go do 4 wheel racing like he’s always talked about and focus on his moto2-3 team. Even with factory support I’m sure politics will come into play at one point or the other hindering him on what he can do even if he manages to be competitive on the satellite bike and all. It’ll be interesting to see what unfolds from this mainly with the ongoing pandemic affecting his decision. I honestly didn’t see him continuing on past this year if things were normal. Also having to adjust to a new team and new crew chief in such a short time and trying to find a winning formula mainly after working a certain way for so long.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah I mean didn’t help that the bike absolutely sucked for two-three seasons and I don’t even think Lorenzo could have done any better honestly, the bike was just crap. Now that they got some of the bugs worked out or well apparently based on preseason testing results the pandemic happens and all of that but yeah sort of agree with you man. He should maybe go do 4 wheel racing like he’s always talked about and focus on his moto2-3 team. Even with factory support I’m sure politics will come into play at one point or the other hindering him on what he can do even if he manages to be competitive on the satellite bike and all. It’ll be interesting to see what unfolds from this mainly with the ongoing pandemic affecting his decision. I honestly didn’t see him continuing on past this year if things were normal. Also having to adjust to a new team and new crew chief in such a short time and trying to find a winning formula mainly after working a certain way for so long.
    I think he would have done well had he transitioned into 4-wheel racing a long time ago. I think he's even past his expiration date now as far as factory racing rides are concerned. He tested for Ferrari F1 and did well, I surely think he could have given Formula 1 a go and would done well. He may have even snagged an odd championship here or there while in F1. That would have only grown his status as a people's champion and legend within all realms of motorsports. I know he likes WRC stuff but to me that's boring. You see one rally race, you've seen them all. Least for me, Formula 1 had a very high allure and somewhat tradition of bringing the best of the best to the sport.

I think he would do well in 24-hour racing in teams at this point. I myself would think that would be fun as hell. Not really racing anyone else, just racing against the clock and for time.

He can always give the Isle of Man TT a shot, but honestly that race really separates the Men from the men. There are GP racers and then there are Road Racers, and the two are in their own classification. I don't necessarily think a TT racer would do well in gran prix racing, and I really don't think the GP riders have what it takes to run with the elite in TT racing. Too much risk vs. little reward in TT racing for a GP rider to consider giving it their all.

The Isle of Man racers just wake up and piss excellence while their shiny brass set clanks as they walk. You also have to be a little bit crazy or insane to run in TT racing. It's not for the faint of heart, nor the complete sane of mind.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

MotoAmerica to open the season at Road America at the end of the month without spectators

https://motoamerica.com/2020/05/moto...-road-america/
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Looks like it's only a matter of time before Ducati announces Jack Miller as their factory rider for 2021 and very well deserved imo, Petrucci has lost his edge and I don't see Ducati dumping Dovizioso as he knows that bike better than anyone.

https://www.motogp.com/en/in+the+med...t-years/330925

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...am-deal/330786
    Last edited by madvlad; Mon May 25th, 2020 at 07:26 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Looks like it's only a matter of time before Ducati announces Jack Miller as their factory rider for 2021 and very well deserved imo, Petrucci has lost his edge and I don't see Ducati dumping Dovizioso as he knows that bike better than anyone.

https://www.motogp.com/en/in+the+med...t-years/330925

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...am-deal/330786
    I don't know man, been hearing rumors that Dovi might be going to KTM next year.

Rumor has it, it will be an Iannone/Miller team in Ducati for 2021. Not sure how much truth to that there is, but it wouldn't surprise me considering all that is going on.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I don't know man, been hearing rumors that Dovi might be going to KTM next year.

Rumor has it, it will be an Iannone/Miller team in Ducati for 2021. Not sure how much truth to that there is, but it wouldn't surprise me considering all that is going on.
    Last I heard KTM turned those rumors down but then again they may be playing it cool to keep their current riders focused if the season was to get under way soon. Also can’t imagine the type of money they’re throwing Dovis’ way for him to consider a move into an underdeveloped bike so late in his career if that’s the actual case. I hadn’t heard or read anything about Ducati and Iannone yet but man they must be desperate then if that’s indeed true, yikes. Also the fact that they reached out to Maverick to sign him and were for sure moving Miller up at some point, tells you that relations in Ducati have been rocky, so would make sense for Dovi/Ducati to look for other options. Guess we’ll see what unravels here in the next month
    Last edited by madvlad; Tue May 26th, 2020 at 04:57 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Two more GPs cancelled. They just need to scrap this season already, this is pointless

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...ncelled/331133
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

MotoAmerica is underway this weekend at Road America. Catch the race tomorrow at 2 pm Denver time on Fox Sports and noon on Sunday! About time man, need some live racing in our lives
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I agree, scrap the season at this point. Now they are talking 10 to 12 GP's with some back to back races(two Jerez races on back to back weekends). 2020 has turned into a royal sh*t show for the whole world, might as well just leave it be and re-assess for next season in 2021. At this point, I'm not going to pay to watch 10 or 12 races either. Because you know how greedy MotoGP.com is, they'll charge full prices for a BS half season.

I'd say, just move on to 2021 as if 2020 never happened and resume business as usual next year.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I agree, scrap the season at this point. Now they are talking 10 to 12 GP's with some back to back races(two Jerez races on back to back weekends). 2020 has turned into a royal sh*t show for the whole world, might as well just leave it be and re-assess for next season in 2021. At this point, I'm not going to pay to watch 10 or 12 races either. Because you know how greedy MotoGP.com is, they'll charge full prices for a BS half season.

I'd say, just move on to 2021 as if 2020 never happened and resume business as usual next year.
    yeah I mean with less and less venues being available what’s the point of holding 12 races at 2-3 venues? Seems like a waste of time to me honestly but guess we’ll see. Although at the end of the day, that to no racing, I’ll take some type of racing.

And speaking of racing, all Yamaha podium at Road America yesterday! Jake Gagne back with a vengeance to podium on the new Monster Energy Attack Performance 2020 R1, Cameron Baubier dominated as expected and Matthew Scholtz took second place on the Westby R1. Great scrap between Gagne and Bobby Fong there at the end for 3rd place, that new R1 means business, their top end power delivery is severely better and they don’t get reeled in as bad as they have in the past by the Suzuki’s. Today’s race should be a good one too.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun May 31st, 2020 at 06:51 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

And Japanese GP is now scrapped, not looking good at all

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...ncelled/331191
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

looks like Jorge Martin will be taking over Miller’s seat at Pramac for 2021

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ducati-signs-martin-millers-pramac-replacement/4800997/amp/
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1