Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 25 to 48 of 63

Thread: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

  1. #25
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Garrett Gerloff declared unfit to race the remainder of the weekend due to a concussion during his WUP crash. Very unfortunate given he had a great race yesterday. Speedy recovery to Gerloff and hope to see him bounce back in Qatar in two weeks time

    https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2020/American%20star%20Gerloff%20to%20miss%20remainder% 20of%20Phillip%20Island%20event

  2. #26
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Great weekend of racing in Australia overall. I know WSBK hasn't been very exciting these past few years but I urge you to follow this year, literally back to back battles all weekend long from start to finish and what a start to the year honestly, sure hope MotoGP follows suit with the battles and entertainment this upcoming weekend. Suddenly life comes back into us two wheel junkies, 2020 race season is here baby!!!

  3. #27
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Qatar MotoGP class has been cancelled due to travel restrictions for Italians due to the Corona Virus... shoutout and round of applause to China for letting that shit run loose and ruining things. Of course 90% of the paddock is Italian.

    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/03/01/motogp-class-cancelled-at-the-grand-prix-of-qatar/326209
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Mar 1st, 2020 at 12:38 PM.

  4. #28
    Senior Member The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,602

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Qatar MotoGP class has been cancelled due to travel restrictions for Italians due to the Corona Virus... shoutout and round of applause to China for letting that shit run loose and ruining things. Of course 90% of the paddock is Italian.

    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/03/01/motogp-class-cancelled-at-the-grand-prix-of-qatar/326209
    What's even more f**ked up is that the Coronavirus was manufactured not far from a weapons depot in China. Oh yeah and it also has a patent as well: https://patents.justia.com/patent/10130701

    Now whether or not that is the current form classified as COVAD-19 I don't know. But it's sad someone, somewhere is thinking this shit up to manufacture and then it gets out and starts spreading around.

    I've also read rumors that this was a planned release in order to see how government and medical response would be.

    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Mar 1st, 2020 at 03:43 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    "So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

    "Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."




  5. #29
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    What's even more f**ked up is that the Coronavirus was manufactured not far from a weapons depot in China. Oh yeah and it also has a patent as well: https://patents.justia.com/patent/10130701

    Now whether or not that is the current form classified as COVAD-19 I don't know. But it's sad someone, somewhere is thinking this shit up to manufacture and then it gets out and starts spreading around.

    I've also read rumors that this was a planned release in order to see how government and medical response would be.

    Not to get political and rather not do it here since I like to keep politics away from my hobbies BUT coincidental that the virus was spread when the Chinese were protesting and in an uprise against their bullshit government? Guess we'll know at some point but yeah this dog shit may put a lot of sporting events in jeopardy around the world, specially racing. COTA, Thailand and Finland are being threatened to not go on cause of this crap

  6. #30
    Senior Member The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,602

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Not to get political and rather not do it here since I like to keep politics away from my hobbies BUT coincidental that the virus was spread when the Chinese were protesting and in an uprise against their bullshit government? Guess we'll know at some point but yeah this dog shit may put a lot of sporting events in jeopardy around the world, specially racing. COTA, Thailand and Finland are being threatened to not go on cause of this crap
    Oh I agree, it's all too coincidental that certain things happen at just the right moment, with just the right amount of effort.

    I'm with you, I like to keep politics out of my hobbies and just enjoy the racing. But at some point you've just got to stand up and say no more. Stand up and say, "this is just crap, and we all know it." And you're right, it's threatening a lot of things that are going on around the world. A majority of Italian teams might even get denied travel or be quarantined for months. Now, I've read where MotoGP might not even start the season until the European leg of the tour.

    So, looks like we may have to wait until May for the season to begin, and I'm sure they are going to have to bypass Italian races. So there goes Mugello and Misano. And what about teams trying to get parts and updates and things from Italy?? They're(Ducati and Aprilia) screwed!!

    You know if it's getting this bad, to where they're starting to lock shit down this hard. My recommendation is just say the hell with the 2020 race season. Clearly, this is going to turn into a pandemic problem. Cancel it all, because we might not even get a season worth watching if these kind of interruptions are going to take place. Better to err on the side of caution and have blow back from it. Then to throw caution to the wind and someone(or many people) really gets hurt(dies) and then it blows up in their face.

    And quite frankly, I don't want all of these foreign people(the MotoGP circus) coming to this country for the COTA round and potentially bringing more of this shit with them. It already is here, so let's not help it and potentially expose thousands more of random people from all parts of this country to it. Then they go home and take it back with them.


    This whole situation stinks.....


    P.S.
    And yeah!! what about all the Italian riders??? Hope to hell they don't decide to go back home, cause they ain't coming back if they do...
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Mar 1st, 2020 at 07:17 PM. Reason: what about the riders?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    "So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

    "Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."




  7. #31
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Oh I agree, it's all too coincidental that certain things happen at just the right moment, with just the right amount of effort.

    I'm with you, I like to keep politics out of my hobbies and just enjoy the racing. But at some point you've just got to stand up and say no more. Stand up and say, "this is just crap, and we all know it." And you're right, it's threatening a lot of things that are going on around the world. A majority of Italian teams might even get denied travel or be quarantined for months. Now, I've read where MotoGP might not even start the season until the European leg of the tour.

    So, looks like we may have to wait until May for the season to begin, and I'm sure they are going to have to bypass Italian races. So there goes Mugello and Misano. And what about teams trying to get parts and updates and things from Italy?? They're(Ducati and Aprilia) screwed!!

    You know if it's getting this bad, to where they're starting to lock shit down this hard. My recommendation is just say the hell with the 2020 race season. Clearly, this is going to turn into a pandemic problem. Cancel it all, because we might not even get a season worth watching if these kind of interruptions are going to take place. Better to err on the side of caution and have blow back from it. Then to throw caution to the wind and someone(or many people) really gets hurt(dies) and then it blows up in their face.

    And quite frankly, I don't want all of these foreign people(the MotoGP circus) coming to this country for the COTA round and potentially bringing more of this shit with them. It already is here, so let's not help it and potentially expose thousands more of random people from all parts of this country to it. Then they go home and take it back with them.


    This whole situation stinks.....


    P.S.
    And yeah!! what about all the Italian riders??? Hope to hell they don't decide to go back home, cause they ain't coming back if they do...
    Yeah if this continues on, it wouldn't surprise me if they ax the season to be honest but a bit early to tell. Moto2 and 3 lucked out they are already in Qatar for testing but unfortunately MotoGP riders and teams all went back home to their respective countries.

  8. #32
    Senior Member longrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Elizabeth
    Posts
    1,813

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Now the Thai GP is postponed (and maybe cancelled)

    https://www.superbikeplanet.com/thai...f-coronavirus/

  9. #33
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Now the Thai GP is postponed (and maybe cancelled)

    https://www.superbikeplanet.com/thai...f-coronavirus/
    Yeah this race season on all levels is not looking very good unfortunately but it is what it is.

  10. #34
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    WSBK Qatar race postponed as well

  11. #35
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Lorenzo to ride as wild card in Catalan GP

    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...alan-gp/326424

    Revised 2020 MotoGP schedule

    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...nfirmed/322424

  12. #36
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    US rider off to a flier in Losail

    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...iday-p1/326691

  13. #37
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Saw the broadcast through NBCSN even though I already had seen the race earlier and no ads which is good so at least there is that going, now let's just hope they don't cancel the season at the rate things are going

  14. #38
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Rumor on the block is that MotoGP will be announcing that COTA is being postponed until the weekend of November 7-8th and an announcement will be made in the next day or two. Given the fact that Austin-Travis county is also prohibiting events with over 25,000 spectators until May due to the virus pretty much confirms it. Bad news for those who have already booked and what not and that also would put the season opener at Argentina. Now, IF something happens and Argentina is also scrapped then that would put the season opener until Jerez, then no French of Italian rounds due to their strict travel restrictions so that would pretty much scrap half a race season. Honestly at this point those guys should consider scrapping the season as pretty much puts 9 rounds of the season out of the question and maybe even more of them if this shit keeps spreading.

  15. #39
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**


  16. #40
    Junior Member Mr2GQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S. Aurora
    Posts
    23

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yep... knowing what's going on with the travel industry losing so much money, it's super tempting to look at hotels & flights since its so far out. Too bad early NOV is a crap shoot of getting snow so you can't really ride.

  17. #41
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr2GQ View Post
    Yep... knowing what's going on with the travel industry losing so much money, it's super tempting to look at hotels & flights since its so far out. Too bad early NOV is a crap shoot of getting snow so you can't really ride.
    Everything being pushed to the end of November and man that's dangerous. Cold conditions in Valencia for the last round are usually sketch as is and even more so now pushing so far into November and you can see during the tests how many crashers there are cause of the cold conditions. I got killer ticket prices on a round flight to Boston for the 4th of July and also round trip at the end of July for Miami so guess is not all bad. We went to a track day to COTA during the same dates a couple years ago and conditions weren't very good, super cold and rainy and track was super slick even on rains. I foresee a lot of rounds being cancelled altogether down the line unfortunately

  18. #42
    Junior Member Mr2GQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S. Aurora
    Posts
    23

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    I foresee a lot of rounds being cancelled altogether down the line unfortunately
    Yup... it's Crazy. NBA called it last night, MLB this morning. Rumos have it that NHL will be cancelling the season later today. Good thing football isn't for another 6 months.

  19. #43
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Yep, about 90% of sporting events are being postponed or cancelled indefinitely, this is going to be a rough year and this is going to affect people's finances insanely. If people have equity in their homes, this is the time to take it out cause the market is crashing and quickly due to all this nonsense

  20. #44
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    That first virtual MotoGP race was rather comical, I am not a gamer at all but that was cool to see plus you can only watch so many race weekend replays

  21. #45
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Guess that is a wrap in the MotoGP paddock for Iannone and perhaps his racing career as a whole possibly, yikes....

    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/04/01/iannone-handed-18-month-suspension/328777

  22. #46
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Good on entities to understand the situation and help keep the teams afloat

    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/...nounced/328880

  23. #47
    Senior Member The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,602

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Guess that is a wrap in the MotoGP paddock for Iannone and perhaps his racing career as a whole possibly, yikes....

    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2020/04/01/iannone-handed-18-month-suspension/328777
    Didn't surprise me with Iannone, have you see how much facial plastic surgery he's undergone? I mean come on dude, you're a guy, no need to make your lips more pouty and have puffed up cheeks. So it stands to reason that if he's that vain and in love with himself, he would do some sort of steroids.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    "So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

    "Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."




  24. #48
    Gold Member madvlad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Greenwood Village, CO
    Posts
    10,066

    Re: 20' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Didn't surprise me with Iannone, have you see how much facial plastic surgery he's undergone? I mean come on dude, you're a guy, no need to make your lips more pouty and have puffed up cheeks. So it stands to reason that if he's that vain and in love with himself, he would do some sort of steroids.
    From what it's being said is that he does some modeling in Italy or some shit like that. He definitely should rethink his priorities cause apparently his other gig outweighs his riding gig by the looks of it and if it does that's cool, do what makes you happy but obviously he can't balance both. He doesn't even look anything close to the same hungry rider as before. Hell Aprilia delivers a very promising bike and he fucks it up...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 249
    Last Post: Wed Nov 27th, 2019, 03:05 PM
  2. Replies: 390
    Last Post: Sun Nov 18th, 2018, 11:19 AM
  3. Replies: 267
    Last Post: Tue Nov 14th, 2017, 06:30 AM
  4. Pacquiao vs Bradley (SPOILER ALERT!!)
    By bulldog in forum Non-Bike Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 02:06 PM
  5. AMA Daytona Sportbike... SPOILER & Discussion
    By Mother Goose in forum The Pros
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Tue Sep 28th, 2010, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •