Thread: Rise of a Champion

Rise of a Champion

Huge congrats to Max Verstappen, what an incredible race today and a rather unique season in terms of racing for Formula 1. Normally, F1 is boring and more processional than racing, but this year we actually got to see some serious racing. Sure this last race was controversial but then again, all the great ones really are. It was a time we saw another team take the fight to Mercedes and deal them a mortal blow, not only to their ego, but to their spirit. It felt good watching Mercedes cry and launch protests after the race. As dirty as a team Mercedes are, they deserve every bit of this bitter pill they get to take.

I'll never forget the $100 million dollar fine and being DQ'd from the 2007 season for then McLaren-Mercedes, for spying on Ferrari and stealing their designs.

This does put a smile on my face..

Congrats Max and Red Bull!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTfZUiD19c4

there's the link, guess F1 doesn't like us sharing the video.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Rise of a Champion

Although I am not a fan of Verstappen at all cause good lord that dude is such a bitch BUT at least the race went down to the wire and he went for it, crazy to think that Honda pulls out being championship contenders and now winners, it's insane to me and hope they reconsider. Yeah I didn't watch F1 for a long time because of the idiotic politics and it was just boring as hell seeing one team dominate season after season, just isn't fun at all and now the new regulations making it harder to pass and cars are like a 10 lane highway wide now so also adds to the bullshit, miss the old days of F1 scraps when it was every man on its own and actual driver skill came into play more than this massive electronic/politic influencing shit. That last lap had my heart going haha and that's how motorsports should be.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Although I am not a fan of Verstappen at all cause good lord that dude is such a bitch BUT at least the race went down to the wire and he went for it, crazy to think that Honda pulls out being championship contenders and now winners, it's insane to me and hope they reconsider. Yeah I didn't watch F1 for a long time because of the idiotic politics and it was just boring as hell seeing one team dominate season after season, just isn't fun at all and now the new regulations making it harder to pass and cars are like a 10 lane highway wide now so also adds to the bullshit, miss the old days of F1 scraps when it was every man on its own and actual driver skill came into play more than this massive electronic/politic influencing shit. That last lap had my heart going haha and that's how motorsports should be.
    It was a hard race to call for sure. I think what really needs to be addressed is the communication from Team Bosses to race control/director. That's unacceptable what Toto Wolff did during the race. Pleading for now safety car to be let loose. I don't think Christian Horner should have been in Masi's ear either but at least he was asking a legitimate question, of why weren't they clearing the lapped cars sooner. So I understand Horner's point of view. What is shameful is Toto Wolff's behavior, he shouldn't be trying to influence a race official like that. He knew Hamilton was a sitting duck if Verstappen got close to him and he tried to fix the race because of it. Then you hear Toto Wolff get on there again, yelling "no no that's not right" and wanting the race reset to the previous lap.

Mercedes needs to be reminded that at anytime they could have boxxed Hamilton for new tires but knew in doing so would give up track position. They gambled and they lost.

I think it has all come full circle with Mercedes dropping their petition to move forward to CAS. Wolff keeps saying how they would have had the strongest case and would have been ruled in their favor. Well my question is, if you're so right and know you were wronged, then move forward with the appeal and possible litigation. What it tells me with them withdrawing their petition, is they had things looked over and there was a good possibility of the decision being ruled against them and then they would really have to eat crow over the temper tantrum that was thrown.

Like I say, Mercedes is dirty and this is what comes around, goes around returning full circle to them.

Everyone keeps saying that Verstappen is a hollow champion. Let us not forget that, if not for introduction of the "spicy engine" and the wing violation, Mercedes still would have had not answer to Red Bull. I think there was something fishy and odd with that "spicy engine", something just wasn't on the up and up with that. Not to mention, they did get busted for cheating as their rear wing was larger than regulations allowed. Sure it was miniscule, but they still cheated.

Let's not forget the 33 point lead Max had going into Silverstone, where Hamilton made contact and sent him flying off the track. Or Hungary where Bottas lost it and sent everyone slamming into Verstappen. If just for those two races, this wouldn't have even been a contest. Mercedes knows it, Hamilton knows it and they knew it was just a stroke of luck that they were still in the fight.

For me, it was justice served that Mercedes lost(granted they still won the constructors title) but they missed out on the double championship. After seeing how they handle some competition, it was glorious to watch them meltdown.

They say Hamilton is broken right now, well good!! He's got 7 championships that have all been handed to him without much competition. He'll live and move on and be back next season. I don't feel bad to see a 7 time champion loose out to some proper competition.

Just like I didn't feel bad seeing Rea lost to Toprak. I like Johnny Rea and think he's incredible but he needed some real competition to make things interesting. A test of a true champion is to win against equal or better competition.

Lastly, there is no denying Verstappen is a true champion. He led the most laps(led more laps than the whole F1 paddock combined and that includes Hamilton) had the most wins, most poles and his fair share of fastest laps. It is no question he was the most dominant driver and most deserving of the championship this year. The fact that everyone keeps saying Hamilton dominated the last four races, well he hadn't shown us sh*t until that point and only after the spicy engine and violation wing was he brought back. If it wasn't for pure dumb luck(and that guy sure seems to get things to go his way), he would have and should have been no where in contention this season.

I think this was a deserving championship for Verstappen. His burden now will be to defend his title and start to carve a name for himself in Formula 1. Will he be the new force to be reckoned with in the years to come? Who can say. I think he will snag another couple titles for sure. I think if he can take another two or three more titles, it will solidify his name as one of the greats in Formula 1, especially during such volatile times we have at the moment with F1.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I honestly didn't watch any of the season or previous seasons to know what you're referring to but have overheard the turmoil online and MB did seem like they're dirty from what you're saying and I have overheard others talk about it. Nice to see someone else win for a change honestly and guess we'll see which way the sport goes moving forward as I'm sure some more absurd rules and regulations are on the way
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    I honestly didn't watch any of the season or previous seasons to know what you're referring to but have overheard the turmoil online and MB did seem like they're dirty from what you're saying and I have overheard others talk about it. Nice to see someone else win for a change honestly and guess we'll see which way the sport goes moving forward as I'm sure some more absurd rules and regulations are on the way
    I've always kept up with Formula 1. I was into Formula 1 racing way before I got into MotoGP or even threw a leg over a bike. I remember when Senna died, I was just 13. I remember Shumacher battling with Mika Hakkinen for the championship. I got into Formula 1 in the very early 90's as a young kid, I was also into NASCAR back then too. If it was car racing, I was into it for the most part. I didn't get into MotoGP or motorcycle racing until late in my teens. I remember watching Criville in '99 win his championship. Wasn't long after that, I was introduced to a young rider named Rossi. Didn't really get into bike racing until 2001-2002, when Rossi won with the RC211V. By 2004, I was hooked as a fan and cheered him on when he switched to Yamaha.

But as for Formula 1, there is no denying it is the pinnacle of motorsports. It has given us some legendary battles and legendary drivers for sure.

I'm like you, I just wish they could leave out the politics from the racing. I also think the move to 1.6L Turbo V6's was a dumb move, everyone knew Formula 1 was screaming engines, not these choked off wheezing turbo cars. Granted the last couple years the manufactures have managed to uncork them a bit and they do sound way better than in 2014. But they are no where near the V8, or even the pure sex sound of the old V10's!!

And yeah, I hate Mercedes. I think they are the dirtiest team in F1 and I'll never change that opinion. I don't really have anything against Hamilton. I think he's a good driver and talented, he seems nice and genuine. But does whine a lot and doesn't like to actually dog fight. Just prefers to blow past everyone, I think he's gotten used to being the fastest because of his car and nothing else. Put it this way, when you're lapping everyone but your teammate in the past, then yeah you've got a way OP car. And some of those championship crowns he has sound have an asterisk next to them in the history books. If they think Verstappen's 1st title is marred and needs and asterisk, then I must say, a few of Hamilton's crowns for sure need an asterisk next to them.

Look how ass-hurt he got in 2016 when he lost to his teammate Nico Rosberg. Hamilton doesn't like to lose and he really doesn't like competition. I get it, he really just wants to be the top dog with no challengers. Problem is, you ain't really top dog unless you have some competition to compare against. You're remembered more for the adversity you faced and the challengers that opposed you, more than just the championships you win. That's the ultimate test to a champions mettle, is whom they actually won against.

What really turns me off from Hamilton is his SJW nonsense. We get it man, you think you're oppressed. Although, I can't really see how a black/british 7 time F1 champion is oppressed but I guess he's got to whine about something. The only thing I like about Hamilton is that little blonde woman that follows him around as his assistant. She could cheer me up on a bad day.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I've always kept up with Formula 1. I was into Formula 1 racing way before I got into MotoGP or even threw a leg over a bike. I remember when Senna died, I was just 13. I remember Shumacher battling with Mika Hakkinen for the championship. I got into Formula 1 in the very early 90's as a young kid, I was also into NASCAR back then too. If it was car racing, I was into it for the most part. I didn't get into MotoGP or motorcycle racing until late in my teens. I remember watching Criville in '99 win his championship. Wasn't long after that, I was introduced to a young rider named Rossi. Didn't really get into bike racing until 2001-2002, when Rossi won with the RC211V. By 2004, I was hooked as a fan and cheered him on when he switched to Yamaha.

But as for Formula 1, there is no denying it is the pinnacle of motorsports. It has given us some legendary battles and legendary drivers for sure.

I'm like you, I just wish they could leave out the politics from the racing. I also think the move to 1.6L Turbo V6's was a dumb move, everyone knew Formula 1 was screaming engines, not these choked off wheezing turbo cars. Granted the last couple years the manufactures have managed to uncork them a bit and they do sound way better than in 2014. But they are no where near the V8, or even the pure sex sound of the old V10's!!

And yeah, I hate Mercedes. I think they are the dirtiest team in F1 and I'll never change that opinion. I don't really have anything against Hamilton. I think he's a good driver and talented, he seems nice and genuine. But does whine a lot and doesn't like to actually dog fight. Just prefers to blow past everyone, I think he's gotten used to being the fastest because of his car and nothing else. Put it this way, when you're lapping everyone but your teammate in the past, then yeah you've got a way OP car. And some of those championship crowns he has sound have an asterisk next to them in the history books. If they think Verstappen's 1st title is marred and needs and asterisk, then I must say, a few of Hamilton's crowns for sure need an asterisk next to them.

Look how ass-hurt he got in 2016 when he lost to his teammate Nico Rosberg. Hamilton doesn't like to lose and he really doesn't like competition. I get it, he really just wants to be the top dog with no challengers. Problem is, you ain't really top dog unless you have some competition to compare against. You're remembered more for the adversity you faced and the challengers that opposed you, more than just the championships you win. That's the ultimate test to a champions mettle, is whom they actually won against.

What really turns me off from Hamilton is his SJW nonsense. We get it man, you think you're oppressed. Although, I can't really see how a black/british 7 time F1 champion is oppressed but I guess he's got to whine about something. The only thing I like about Hamilton is that little blonde woman that follows him around as his assistant. She could cheer me up on a bad day.

I stopped following F1 about mid 2000's when politics really got bad and shit just overall was a circus. The hakkinen, Coulthard, Barrichello, Schumacher days were awesome man, minimal bs and just driver skill scrapping it out for glory. I watched this last race cause I heard the title was down to the wire so I'm like alright finally some excitement in this crap .... He reminds me of Colin Kaepernick aka squidward and his bullshit oppressed tantrums. Like dude you're a fucking millionaire and raised into a really privileged white family, oppressed how? I seriously hate clowns like that and many of these woke idiots including letwat james and the such, like dude stfu, you aren't oppressed, you are a fucking gazillionaire like many other black athletes and hell even many black CEO's and COO's and all kinds of great opportunities for everyone out there, I don't understand why these idiots always have to play that card, like bro this is not the 1800's get over it, stop living in the past. If you don't want to make something of yourself then stop blaming others and or the system for it, the chances are there, just gotta be smart enough to take them. I don't understand why everything in this nation has to be race this and race that, like bro stfu it's nothing but pigmentation, we are all the same but for a damn chromosome which defines our gender, that's it. same bones, blood, skin, cells, etc but noooo again politics fucking everything up just to keep people riled up and divided, I'm sure the pioneers are wanting to bitch slap the fuck out of all of us with all this ongoing nonsense. All they worked and sacrificed undone thanks to the clueless woke mob
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1