Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Re: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

With how things are developing after this weekend, looks like Rins may be losing his seat at Suzuki and reason why I say this is mainly because of what Viņales said during his interview with DAZN this past race weekend, which pretty much stated that him coming to Yamaha was a huge mistake (Bk you've also said this all along, that he should have stayed there) and also the very sudden change of crew chief seems like a last minute desperate attempt to salvage whatever time he has with Yamaha. With that said, I foresee Rins losing his seat, MV going back to Suzuki, Morbidelli taking over MV's seat (his contract has a clause that if ANY factory ride is offered, he can break contract agreement and with how he's performing in an outdated bike, he deserves that shot but hope Yamaha are smart enough to realize this and not do them dirty. Worst case they said he will take over Rossi's factory spec bike next year and they'll give his bike to whoever steps up) and Petronas moving either Joe Roberts/Xavi Vierge or Raul Fernandez into their GP bikes. Rossi is definitely done after this year, Petronas pretty much said they're looking at replacements. I'm sure Pol is kicking himself as well by going to HRC as it's a lit dumpster at this time and there's no solutions in sight, meanwhile KTM is making huge strides, he should have stayed put. Glad to see Aprilia also making huge strides but Aleix needs to learn to keep his cool and stay focused if he wants to fight at the front. He seems to get out of shape like his brother and get impatient quickly.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    With how things are developing after this weekend, looks like Rins may be losing his seat at Suzuki and reason why I say this is mainly because of what Viņales said during his interview with DAZN this past race weekend, which pretty much stated that him coming to Yamaha was a huge mistake (Bk you've also said this all along, that he should have stayed there) and also the very sudden change of crew chief seems like a last minute desperate attempt to salvage whatever time he has with Yamaha. With that said, I foresee Rins losing his seat, MV going back to Suzuki, Morbidelli taking over MV's seat (his contract has a clause that if ANY factory ride is offered, he can break contract agreement and with how he's performing in an outdated bike, he deserves that shot but hope Yamaha are smart enough to realize this and not do them dirty. Worst case they said he will take over Rossi's factory spec bike next year and they'll give his bike to whoever steps up) and Petronas moving either Joe Roberts/Xavi Vierge or Raul Fernandez into their GP bikes. Rossi is definitely done after this year, Petronas pretty much said they're looking at replacements. I'm sure Pol is kicking himself as well by going to HRC as it's a lit dumpster at this time and there's no solutions in sight, meanwhile KTM is making huge strides, he should have stayed put. Glad to see Aprilia also making huge strides but Aleix needs to learn to keep his cool and stay focused if he wants to fight at the front. He seems to get out of shape like his brother and get impatient quickly.
    That's a shame that Rins would lose his seat, he's very fast and I think he's just one of those riders that once he gets everything to fall into place just right, he can be super fast. The crashes just don't help his cause and he can't seem to stay on the bike, and he's feeling the pressure. Honestly, I think he's faster than Mir, but Mir has a knack for just staying on the bike and getting those points, Rins is more of "bin it, or win it" mentality. Which is good, cause it makes his fast, but also makes him reckless.

I think Suzuki would do well to pick up Vinales. However, the Suzuki now isn't the one he started on back in 2016. It has moved and progressed in ways that might not be conducive to Vinales now. I think he could make good results with it and in time could turn it around. See for me with Vinales, he was chasing prestige, money and clout when he went to Factory Yamaha. Instead, he should have been chasing wins, results and the title, something he in my opinion could have achieved with Suzuki. They were all behind him at Suzuki and the way he put a beating on everyone in Silverstone 2016, showed that the bike is capable and fast. Silverstone is a bike track but technical and look even Rins won there on the last corner from Marquez. And to be fair, I don't think Rins as fast as Vinales. He's close but not there. I had high hopes for Vinales at Suzuki. I thought, finally the little Hamamatsu factory had someone to push their bike to the limits. Even Aleix E. when he rode the Suzuki could produce some good results. It was a manufacture, a team and a bike that just needed a rider to believe in them.

Some food for thought to keep in mind, if Vinales goes to Suzuki, don't be so sure Petronas will snag some young talent. I can honestly see Rins going to Petronas. He's still young, sure he's been a factory rider but I think the guy could make the Petronas work well. Of course, if Morbidelli moves up to Factory Yamaha, then I see Petronas filling his seat with a young rider. Someone to develop.

Rossi is finished, he has to be. Unless, he does the unthinkable and when his VR46 team arrives next year, one of the seats is his. Rumor is, their bikes may be either Ducati or Suzuki. Which wouldn't surprise me to see Rossi want another crack at the new and improved Ducati, or just to have some fun on the Suzuki. Either way, the dude is long in the tooth!! I mean if anyone is sucking the proverbial hind tit, it's Rossi right now.

You know, I think Pol E. is the faster of the two brothers. I think Aleix is most level headed of the two(and that's a stretch). But when Pol was on the Tech 3 bike, he was fast and always a threat. I think he helped the KTM to develop, along with Dani P. But I think it was time for him to move on. Thing is, you don't really hear him complain about the RCV the way Lorenzo did. He's certainly giving it his best and seems to be fairly fast on it, just not fast enough.

I agree with you, it is a bit of a dumpster fire. Then again, I think Marquez is a hot mess at the moment as well. He's in his own head and needs to calm down. Realize, this season is lost and just focus on rebuilding. He's clearly not fast enough, and the other riders can smell it. He's down, so they are going to throw him a beating before he gets back up. I think if Marquez can get his act together and come back 100% healthy. He will be fast and back to his old self. The thing is, I don't think we will see his dominance again though. Too many other riders have tasted victory and they don't want him to have that feeling every again. He's going to have his hands full next year. If he can raise his level up again and perform. Then yes, we could see him being dominant again. But I think the Marquez supremacy is over. And like most people were saying, it's going to be an injury that stops him and not the other riders. You can't ride the way he does and not expect to get an injury. As fast as he is, Marquez has always been up there with the top crashing riders of MotoGP. Was bound to happen at some point and happened sooner, rather than later. So now, he's on reset and let's see how he responds.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Great ride by Marquez this past weekend, wonder if that'll give him the confidence to get out of his head and make a charge for the front of the points at the end of the year (not the title obviously as he's too far gone now but be up there within the top 5). Oliviera man, that dude is on a roll with KTM and is showing more and more consistency as the season advances. Yamaha shows their weakness is far from being fixed, holy shit those guys got their asses handed this weekend. Fabio seems to be the only one of that group to have that bike figured out, MV lashed out at Yamaha and again I don't see this relationship ending well in between these two (cue Lorenzo licking his chops)

In other news, Cameron Beaubier with a hell of a result from 23rd to 10th, he's gaining strength as the rounds go on. Garrett Gerloff did very well at the Navarra test and is feeling pretty confident (running up there head to head with Toprak), hope this dude gets a chance at a factory ride soon, he's shown insane pace. If it wouldn't have been for the penalty due to this last couple mistakes, he would have challenged for the win at Misano without a doubt. Love seeing Jake Gagne finally doing his thing and back to form in M.A, that dude is untouchable this season even with Barbera and Baz on the grid. Pretty good year of racing overall in all levels so far, we'll see what happens after the summer break since things tend to change for some pretty drastically.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Great ride by Marquez this past weekend, wonder if that'll give him the confidence to get out of his head and make a charge for the front of the points at the end of the year (not the title obviously as he's too far gone now but be up there within the top 5). Oliviera man, that dude is on a roll with KTM and is showing more and more consistency as the season advances. Yamaha shows their weakness is far from being fixed, holy shit those guys got their asses handed this weekend. Fabio seems to be the only one of that group to have that bike figured out, MV lashed out at Yamaha and again I don't see this relationship ending well in between these two (cue Lorenzo licking his chops)

In other news, Cameron Beaubier with a hell of a result from 23rd to 10th, he's gaining strength as the rounds go on. Garrett Gerloff did very well at the Navarra test and is feeling pretty confident (running up there head to head with Toprak), hope this dude gets a chance at a factory ride soon, he's shown insane pace. If it wouldn't have been for the penalty due to this last couple mistakes, he would have challenged for the win at Misano without a doubt. Love seeing Jake Gagne finally doing his thing and back to form in M.A, that dude is untouchable this season even with Barbera and Baz on the grid. Pretty good year of racing overall in all levels so far, we'll see what happens after the summer break since things tend to change for some pretty drastically.
    I agree with you on Olivera. He's very fast and has seemed to figured out the KTM. Always thought Binder would have emerged as the main guy but Olivera seems to be the one at the moment. I think Marquez was a bit of a one off for him at Sachsenring. He's never lost there and I think that was extra motivation. Not sure how he is going to go at other tracks, especially with the right arm not 100% and the Honda not really developed at this point.

For me, Yamaha is doing what Yamaha always do. Come apart like a cheap watch. If Fabio can manage a few more wins this year and keep getting podiums or top 4-5's, then I think he's going to get the title. I think Olivera is coming for him though, and I think a few others are as well. Vinales just looked lost again. He's dominant in one race and is no where to be found in the next. He's unpredictable and not consistent. Rossi was second fastest M1 and was 22 seconds from the winner, but 16 seconds from Quatararo. That's not great but not entirely bad either. Morbidelli and Vinales were both 24 seconds off and last. Yamaha looked bad this weekend but Fabio managed it.

I think Beaubier is finding out the hard way just how fast the world level elite really are. He is doing very well but he went from winning by a country mile in MotoAmerica to getting spanked by the Moto2 crowd. Gerloff is doing better in WSBK but not that much. He's getting there but he's far from Rea, Toprak, Redding and a few others. He will get there sooner I think. Beaubier has a massive learning curve still.

Roll on Assen GP and then let's see what surprises the Summer break has in store...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Crazy weekend. Gutted for Bagnaia on the penalty, he was coming up with great pace. Nakagami had a great ride and choked at the last part, poor dude just can't get it together. Well sort of a few surprises before the break with MV quitting a year early (Although not surprising but I thought he would at least let his contract run through, maybe an Aprilia move perhaps?) Also there are pretty strong reports that Rossi will be riding alongside his brother in his own team till 2024. Now with that said, it'd be cool to see Morbidelli get the factory seat and honestly he's more than deserving and IF Yamaha is crazy enough to not do it, at least I hope they give him Rossi's bike with factory support. Word around is that Gerloff actually impressed quite a few people with his performance, so he may have a shot again soon with maybe even a permanent ride if he keeps going the way he's going. As usual most are rumors BUT seems like most do turnout to be facts rather quickly so guess we'll see how everything plays out in the next few weeks while summer break is on.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Crazy weekend. Gutted for Bagnaia on the penalty, he was coming up with great pace. Nakagami had a great ride and choked at the last part, poor dude just can't get it together. Well sort of a few surprises before the break with MV quitting a year early (Although not surprising but I thought he would at least let his contract run through, maybe an Aprilia move perhaps?) Also there are pretty strong reports that Rossi will be riding alongside his brother in his own team till 2024. Now with that said, it'd be cool to see Morbidelli get the factory seat and honestly he's more than deserving and IF Yamaha is crazy enough to not do it, at least I hope they give him Rossi's bike with factory support. Word around is that Gerloff actually impressed quite a few people with his performance, so he may have a shot again soon with maybe even a permanent ride if he keeps going the way he's going. As usual most are rumors BUT seems like most do turnout to be facts rather quickly so guess we'll see how everything plays out in the next few weeks while summer break is on.
    I thought Pecco got the short end of the stick with the long lap penalty. He did have some issues though and ended up back in the clutches of Marquez for a bit. It was a good race if anything a little boring with Fabio clearing off in the distance. Vinales managed to close the gap for a bit but I think that was Fabio just taking it easy the last few laps. It seemed that when he wanted to, Fabio could click off some high 32's at will. No one could match that, not even Vinales.

Speaking of Vinales, yes I just read all that on Crash.net, can't believe he's breaking contract and more than likely going to end up at Aprilia. I really didn't see this one coming, would have wagered he would go back to Suzuki. But maybe he wants the challenge of Aprilia. They are more or less a top 8 bike or even better. With his speed, maybe he can convert some of that into podiums and the odd win here and there.

What I think would happen and I wouldn't put this past Yamaha.

A couple ways this might play out, 1. fill the seat with Morbidelli and then obviously have two vacant seats for 2022 at Petronas Yamaha. Which is great as they like to cultivate young talent. This next one is a stretch, but 2. they fill the seat again with Rossi for one year. Stupid as it sounds, I can see them doing this for only one reason. I honestly think Rossi is somewhat being sabotaged at Petronas. Razlan doesn't like being told what to do, and having to accept an aging Rossi pissed him off. So it wouldn't surprise me if they are not trying to dial in the bike for Rossi as best as possible.

Don't get me wrong, Rossi sucks bad this year for sure. But what I can't seem to wrap my head around is that even with last year, he was still fast(sort of) and was still competitive while on the factory M1. Sure he didn't win any races but was at the sharp end most of the time, or until he crashed out. This year however, he just flat sucks and has zero speed. Which isn't true, he's going faster than ever but the competition is also faster than ever. But, the competition doesn't move that much over the course of one season and the old guy gets left behind. Something stinks in Petronas Yamaha things aren't adding up and I can't quite put my finger on it. The one reason I say this, look at Morbidelli's stats as well. Last year, he was fast and right there with Fabio. He even won races and was a contender. This year, Morbidelli is all of no where. So I think he's also getting the short end of the stick. If anyone is sucking hind tit, it's Morbidelli which sucks because he's a good dude and very fast.

Now, what I really think Rossi will do is form his own team with his brother and give the all new Ducati a shot. It ain't the same turd he rode in 2011-2012, and it's basically a championship contender bike and has been. Who knows, Rossi may jump on that thing and start pulling podiums and the odd win out of thin air. Not that I'm holding my breath on it but it could happen.

Gerloff did well, though I think he found out what real speed looks like. Not saying the guys in WSBK are slow but he's running with the elite and the best of the best now. I think he experienced the same thing Beaubier did since coming to Moto2, and that's these European guys ain't fooling around. Not taking anything away from Elias either, but he was aging, sure he was Moto2 champion but he was nothing like these blood thirsty freaks we have now in Moto2. Which are nothing compared to the new crop of maniacs to hit MotoGP. Like I say, I think Marquez at 100% fitness is going to have his hands full. Especially if Fabio takes the championship this year. He ain't going to give the crown up that easy. Mir will be a threat, and Olivera is only getting faster. This new group of emerging aliens are freaking fast and they are only going to get faster. Look what they did to the lap record in Assen, obliterated it.

Let's see what Summer break brings.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Can't believe it!! Finally happened. Congrats to Rossi on a great career and to enjoy retirement. Dude's earned it..
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah with the results honestly there wasn't any other way, it'll be weird not seeing him in the grid anymore but well times move on and the day always comes sooner or later. Hell of a career, tons of memories for himself and the fans, those times will always be cherished and remembered. The new school group has some immense talent and there's still some very good racing going on. The word is that he is going to go race cars now and what not so he won't stop altogether and I'm sure he'll be around the paddock with this team and all still. Glad I got the ticket to COTA for the GP weekend cause man they're about to go up tenfold with these news. Now with that other seat open, MV's seat open and such a huge array of seats open, I am very curious as of who will end up where.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

So Yamaha have decided to suspend Maverick over what they call "unexplained irregular operation". Is that their way to cover up the sabotage of their rider? Same as they're doing with Rossi? Factory ride my ass, how do you go from fighting top 10 positions to barely being in the points with the so called "same bike". Funny how only FB is succeeding and the other 3 riders are straight tanking, wouldn't surprise me if they call up Dovizioso to take that seat and do Franco wrong, Yamaha turning into HRC slowly but surely. This is beyond pathetic from Yamaha honestly and I'm sure it's all because of the comments he made this past weekend which he was in his right to do. What a soap opera with this garage man, holy mother of Christ this shit is getting old...
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    He looked like some squid putting in some laps around the local shopping mall bouncing off the rev limiter like that. Then just casually cruising around and not even in full race tuck and giving it his all. What's worse is he has to know the team and everyone else in MotoGP can see what he's doing, he's got to know there is a camera right in his face. You're right, it's not a good look regardless of what's going on inside the helmet.

I do agree with MadVlad though, I think something is wrong at Yamaha this year. He has a point, in that only one guy is doing well and the other three are struggling a lot. Morbidelli went from #2 contender to back of the pack in one off season. Rossi who we all know isn't winning races, but last year was easily top 6 or top 8 and was competitive. Now, even Rossi goes backwards. The only constant is Vinales, and Vinales does what Vinales does best and that's be all over the map in terms of consistency. But still he can win races and has shown that, just the dude's head is not in it right now.

So yeah, I think there is some odd sh*t going on over at Yamaha. Had to put my finger on it, but it looks like they are trying to wash out all their riders except Fabio. Which in turn puts them in the same light as HRC, all their eggs in one basket/one rider, and then the hell with everyone else.

Everything is just looking really weird right now.

Even Forumla 1 has some weird sh*t going on. Verstappen went from stomping all over Hamilton and a 33 point lead, to getting wrecked by Hamilton in a 51 G-force crash, to basically getting speared by Bottas in the last race. And now he's down by 9 points in the span of two races. It all seems fixed.

Then again, this is the kind of BS I except from Mercedes and wouldn't expect anything less from them. They are the dirtiest team in Formula 1 and have the $100 Million fine to prove it from several years back, because of stealing actual build specs from Ferrari. So yeah, this kind of "time to help Hamilton win another championship, because he's the most 'woke' racer we have" theme seems to be setting up again in F1. Dude was getting his ass handed to him by Red Bull, but time to put a stop to that, time to spoon feed him another championship.

And I honestly have nothing against Hamilton, but that guy should have a f**kin asterisk next to every one of his championships, because he hasn't earned one of them the right way.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Had posted this before the video but yeah that was very stupid from his part but Yamaha nonetheless are not helping their case either. It's just mind boggling to me that only 1 our of 4 riders is doing well, is Yamaha trying to play the HRC card here? That relationship is already beyond saving, they need to cut ties immediately honestly to avoid further bs... MV may have just shot his chances in MotoGP overall with that behavior. The fact that he apologized coming back from break and then fucks up right away, yeah that tells you that his mental state just isn't right unfortunately and he needs to hit the reset button. He should have never left Suzuki, that bike was tailored for him.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Last edited by The Black Knight; Tue Aug 17th, 2021 at 05:52 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah the so called hush hush deal in MotoGP isn't even that anymore, it's all too obvious. Some people were linking him with Aramco VR46 but MV is too good for a non-factory ride so I'm sure he turned it down IF he ever actually got approached. That move to Aprilia may be career suicide for him, that bike is nowhere near competitive (although closer than previous years) but just don't see him being successful on that thing and if he reacted like he did with Yamaha which is a far better bike, how is he going to loose his shit once he can't perform on the Aprilia? Maybe he will prove many of us wrong, who knows honestly. They still haven't announced anything on who is taking his seat at Factory, which I hope is Morbidelli as he has earned that shot after making miraculous performances on that dinosaur of a Spec A bike They're also linking Binder with a Petronas seat now that SRT is pulling their sponsorship out in moto3/2 to keep the MotoGP program alive. It'll be an interesting next few weeks to see who lands where.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Also Rossi just announced they're expecting a little girl soon. I bet those that thought Rossi was gay feel super stupid right about now
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah the so called hush hush deal in MotoGP isn't even that anymore, it's all too obvious. Some people were linking him with Aramco VR46 but MV is too good for a non-factory ride so I'm sure he turned it down IF he ever actually got approached. That move to Aprilia may be career suicide for him, that bike is nowhere near competitive (although closer than previous years) but just don't see him being successful on that thing and if he reacted like he did with Yamaha which is a far better bike, how is he going to loose his shit once he can't perform on the Aprilia? Maybe he will prove many of us wrong, who knows honestly. They still haven't announced anything on who is taking his seat at Factory, which I hope is Morbidelli as he has earned that shot after making miraculous performances on that dinosaur of a Spec A bike They're also linking Binder with a Petronas seat now that SRT is pulling their sponsorship out in moto3/2 to keep the MotoGP program alive. It'll be an interesting next few weeks to see who lands where.
    It will be interesting for sure to see who goes where. I think Morbidelli will move to Yamaha Factory. Really SRT is open to whomever, and can't make the call right now. That's why it's called the "silly season" for a reason. Nothing makes sense until the lights go out and the racing starts.

Also Rossi just announced they're expecting a little girl soon. I bet those that thought Rossi was gay feel super stupid right about now
    I saw that, congrats to him and his girlfriend. Might that be why he's slowing down a bit. Finally got the news he's going to be a dad and reality hit him. Time to find other hobbies and be there for his kid. Once the little one arrives, I don't see him doing much racing awhile.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

No more factory Yamaha for Vinales, can't say I'm surprised. If I was in charge, I would pull Rossi back up and let him finish his career on the factory bike. It might not lead to the absolute best results, but would be a good way to send him off. I don't think Yamaha has been sabotaging everyone but FQ, as a team they still want to win team / constructor titles. We'll see who ends up where, would be good to see Morbidelli get the seat long term.

Will Vinales see success at Aprilia, who knows. Obviously he has talent, but it seems like if thing aren't perfect he kind of falls apart. Walking out on his Moto3? team, etc. Will the Aprilia be "built for him", certainly not right away. I also wonder about his skill at 'developing' bikes, if he struggles when things are setup right for him, does he struggle to convey what changes are needed? I do wonder if the Aprilia agreement was signed before or after the Yamaha suspension and if they are rethinking it...
    Blair
    2000 GSX750F, 2003 YZ450F, 2004 GSXR750, 2006 ZX-14
    2013 CBR500R, 2016 YZF-R6 - MRA #760

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    No more factory Yamaha for Vinales, can't say I'm surprised. If I was in charge, I would pull Rossi back up and let him finish his career on the factory bike. It might not lead to the absolute best results, but would be a good way to send him off. I don't think Yamaha has been sabotaging everyone but FQ, as a team they still want to win team / constructor titles. We'll see who ends up where, would be good to see Morbidelli get the seat long term.

Will Vinales see success at Aprilia, who knows. Obviously he has talent, but it seems like if thing aren't perfect he kind of falls apart. Walking out on his Moto3? team, etc. Will the Aprilia be "built for him", certainly not right away. I also wonder about his skill at 'developing' bikes, if he struggles when things are setup right for him, does he struggle to convey what changes are needed? I do wonder if the Aprilia agreement was signed before or after the Yamaha suspension and if they are rethinking it...

Yeah the complete split was something that was inevitable with the way things were going, with the absence of Savadori, it wouldn't surprise me to see Maverick line up next round in Aprilia colors already to get a running start. They have confirmed Crutchlow as the factory rider to take the seat for the British GP which makes sense to do, good PR for Yamaha and also keeps Cal in good spirits to continue his test rider role. Yeah, it would be cool to see Rossi maybe take over the seat in the last couple races of the season to end with a bang as he deserves to honestly but doubt it'll happen. Sure hope they at least do Franco right and give him a 2 year contract option, he's definitely earned it. Dixon will get his shot at the SPEC A bike from Petronas at the British GP as well so definitely talent given chances coming up the ranks to replace, there's a lot of seats open still
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I would imagine Vinales has to forfeit the rest of this year's salary. You know that has got to sting. Sure he signed with Aprilia, but you know that Aprilia will be watching him like a hawk when he joins them in November for testing. He doesn't realize it, but he's already on thin ice to a point.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Oh yeah, Yamaha saved a ton of money too cause they were paying him pretty good too. He's on his last chance for sure, no chances for fuck ups or temper tantrums for his ass, that's for sure. We'll see how the rest of the season develops. I foresee him jumping on a bike as soon as next round honestly, I don't see Aprilia letting this chance go to waste to get a running start for 2022, unless there's something in the by-laws that won't allow him to join Aprilia early given he's been released from Yamaha.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

I just saw something that said he will be testing in Misano at the end of the month. Then may be doing some wild card spots.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I just saw something that said he will be testing in Misano at the end of the month. Then may be doing some wild card spots.
    Aprilia will take advantage of any seat time they can give him that's for sure, so they can get a running start on 2022. Feel bad for Lecuona Tech 3 did him dirty, he's been showing some real improvement and has had pretty decent results. Who knows if with Petronas seat becoming open, they may give him a chance. Don't see Dixon doing much honestly, he can barely compete at Moto2 level but well who knows, maybe he'll shut my ass up and prove me wrong
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1