Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
With how things are developing after this weekend, looks like Rins may be losing his seat at Suzuki and reason why I say this is mainly because of what Viņales said during his interview with DAZN this past race weekend, which pretty much stated that him coming to Yamaha was a huge mistake (Bk you've also said this all along, that he should have stayed there) and also the very sudden change of crew chief seems like a last minute desperate attempt to salvage whatever time he has with Yamaha. With that said, I foresee Rins losing his seat, MV going back to Suzuki, Morbidelli taking over MV's seat (his contract has a clause that if ANY factory ride is offered, he can break contract agreement and with how he's performing in an outdated bike, he deserves that shot but hope Yamaha are smart enough to realize this and not do them dirty. Worst case they said he will take over Rossi's factory spec bike next year and they'll give his bike to whoever steps up) and Petronas moving either Joe Roberts/Xavi Vierge or Raul Fernandez into their GP bikes. Rossi is definitely done after this year, Petronas pretty much said they're looking at replacements. I'm sure Pol is kicking himself as well by going to HRC as it's a lit dumpster at this time and there's no solutions in sight, meanwhile KTM is making huge strides, he should have stayed put. Glad to see Aprilia also making huge strides but Aleix needs to learn to keep his cool and stay focused if he wants to fight at the front. He seems to get out of shape like his brother and get impatient quickly.
That's a shame that Rins would lose his seat, he's very fast and I think he's just one of those riders that once he gets everything to fall into place just right, he can be super fast. The crashes just don't help his cause and he can't seem to stay on the bike, and he's feeling the pressure. Honestly, I think he's faster than Mir, but Mir has a knack for just staying on the bike and getting those points, Rins is more of "bin it, or win it" mentality. Which is good, cause it makes his fast, but also makes him reckless.

I think Suzuki would do well to pick up Vinales. However, the Suzuki now isn't the one he started on back in 2016. It has moved and progressed in ways that might not be conducive to Vinales now. I think he could make good results with it and in time could turn it around. See for me with Vinales, he was chasing prestige, money and clout when he went to Factory Yamaha. Instead, he should have been chasing wins, results and the title, something he in my opinion could have achieved with Suzuki. They were all behind him at Suzuki and the way he put a beating on everyone in Silverstone 2016, showed that the bike is capable and fast. Silverstone is a bike track but technical and look even Rins won there on the last corner from Marquez. And to be fair, I don't think Rins as fast as Vinales. He's close but not there. I had high hopes for Vinales at Suzuki. I thought, finally the little Hamamatsu factory had someone to push their bike to the limits. Even Aleix E. when he rode the Suzuki could produce some good results. It was a manufacture, a team and a bike that just needed a rider to believe in them.

Some food for thought to keep in mind, if Vinales goes to Suzuki, don't be so sure Petronas will snag some young talent. I can honestly see Rins going to Petronas. He's still young, sure he's been a factory rider but I think the guy could make the Petronas work well. Of course, if Morbidelli moves up to Factory Yamaha, then I see Petronas filling his seat with a young rider. Someone to develop.

Rossi is finished, he has to be. Unless, he does the unthinkable and when his VR46 team arrives next year, one of the seats is his. Rumor is, their bikes may be either Ducati or Suzuki. Which wouldn't surprise me to see Rossi want another crack at the new and improved Ducati, or just to have some fun on the Suzuki. Either way, the dude is long in the tooth!! I mean if anyone is sucking the proverbial hind tit, it's Rossi right now.

You know, I think Pol E. is the faster of the two brothers. I think Aleix is most level headed of the two(and that's a stretch). But when Pol was on the Tech 3 bike, he was fast and always a threat. I think he helped the KTM to develop, along with Dani P. But I think it was time for him to move on. Thing is, you don't really hear him complain about the RCV the way Lorenzo did. He's certainly giving it his best and seems to be fairly fast on it, just not fast enough.

I agree with you, it is a bit of a dumpster fire. Then again, I think Marquez is a hot mess at the moment as well. He's in his own head and needs to calm down. Realize, this season is lost and just focus on rebuilding. He's clearly not fast enough, and the other riders can smell it. He's down, so they are going to throw him a beating before he gets back up. I think if Marquez can get his act together and come back 100% healthy. He will be fast and back to his old self. The thing is, I don't think we will see his dominance again though. Too many other riders have tasted victory and they don't want him to have that feeling every again. He's going to have his hands full next year. If he can raise his level up again and perform. Then yes, we could see him being dominant again. But I think the Marquez supremacy is over. And like most people were saying, it's going to be an injury that stops him and not the other riders. You can't ride the way he does and not expect to get an injury. As fast as he is, Marquez has always been up there with the top crashing riders of MotoGP. Was bound to happen at some point and happened sooner, rather than later. So now, he's on reset and let's see how he responds.