Thread: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    If I was in charge, I would pull Rossi back up and let him finish his career on the factory bike.
    I've said this to Damir in person, but the reason I don't think this is going to happen, is because (IMO) it would prove that Yamaha didn't give him the Spec A bike they promised him (when he was shuffled off to Petronas SRT).
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Re: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I've said this to Damir in person, but the reason I don't think this is going to happen, is because (IMO) it would prove that Yamaha didn't give him the Spec A bike they promised him (when he was shuffled off to Petronas SRT).
    I would agree with this as well. Something seems wrong this season for Rossi. Sure, it's his last one and he's finally hanging up the leathers, but if he had been getting at least the results of last year and had last year's pace. I think he would have decided to run another year or two with his own brand/team and see what the new Ducati had to offer.

I don't think Rossi got the A-spec bike and if he did, he's not getting the updates, nor the same kind of attention and tuning that the others are getting. I think Rossi has mentioned a time or two in the past, that he has to wait for updates for certain races. So that could be some of it, but I really think Yamaha did both him and Morbidelli dirty and gave them B-spec or just a really sh*tty version of an A-spec bike.

I think it's harder to explain because of Morbidelli's results. Sure he's been out with knee surgery. But before that, he was no where. Not exactly the portrait of a contender that we saw last season, all on a bike that was less that the factory team and he still managed some wins and podiums. He beat Fabio last year on an inferior bike. So I think what Yamaha really went out of their way to do, was break him and Rossi off with terrible bikes. They probably knew of Petronas wanting to jump ship from MotoGP. So Yamaha, figures screw it and hands them ass bikes, with bare minimum tech and tuning. With Morbidelli being out, they got more than they bargained for, now they didn't have to provide answers on a crappy bike. The replacement guy could get the BS they hand him and be none the wiser.

Which is why I think Rossi choosing Ducati for his VR46 team is the final "up yours" to Yamaha. He knows they did him dirty and gave him a bad bike. So, like any normal business person. He took his business elsewhere and hit them where it hurts the most, that pocket. Now, he's their competition and I'm sure that pisses them off.

Either way, Yamaha wins the title this year with Fabio. I can't foresee this lasting much more than a few years. We may see Quartararo dominate for another season or two but then the Yamaha will crap out like it always does and he will leave. Which honestly, if they can get a title or two out of Fabio. Then they can live on that for the next 5-10 years in MotoGP.

I honestly think we are starting to see an end to the Honda and Yamaha domination. Manufactures like KTM, Suzuki and Ducati are finally starting to bring the heat. Who knows, even Aprilia may start laying down the law with Vinales(highly doubt it, but anything can happen).

I think Marquez' invincibility has finally been brought to an end, by none other than himself. Which I think was the major consensus for everyone. "The one thing to stop Marquez, will be Marquez." And it really happened, it was the injury that was inevitable to happen. Similar to what Rossi experienced in 2010 with his leg(he really has never been 100% since the leg and shoulder issues). What will test Marquez is, if he can dig deep and find that extra something to now live with this new breed of aliens. Because they really are a bunch of new Aliens.

Marquez is still a top alien, but Quartararo, Rins, Mir, Olivera, Binder, Vinales(when his head is right) and Bagnaia all can throw Marquez a proper beating when they want. Not to mention the minor(as in not full-on alien status) guys like Miller, Zarco and the Espargaro Bros. are all capable of giving Marquez grief now. That wasn't the case in the last few seasons.

Let's just see how this all ends...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."