Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: 21' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by blaircsf View Post
    If I was in charge, I would pull Rossi back up and let him finish his career on the factory bike.
    I've said this to Damir in person, but the reason I don't think this is going to happen, is because (IMO) it would prove that Yamaha didn't give him the Spec A bike they promised him (when he was shuffled off to Petronas SRT).
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    I've said this to Damir in person, but the reason I don't think this is going to happen, is because (IMO) it would prove that Yamaha didn't give him the Spec A bike they promised him (when he was shuffled off to Petronas SRT).
    I would agree with this as well. Something seems wrong this season for Rossi. Sure, it's his last one and he's finally hanging up the leathers, but if he had been getting at least the results of last year and had last year's pace. I think he would have decided to run another year or two with his own brand/team and see what the new Ducati had to offer.

I don't think Rossi got the A-spec bike and if he did, he's not getting the updates, nor the same kind of attention and tuning that the others are getting. I think Rossi has mentioned a time or two in the past, that he has to wait for updates for certain races. So that could be some of it, but I really think Yamaha did both him and Morbidelli dirty and gave them B-spec or just a really sh*tty version of an A-spec bike.

I think it's harder to explain because of Morbidelli's results. Sure he's been out with knee surgery. But before that, he was no where. Not exactly the portrait of a contender that we saw last season, all on a bike that was less that the factory team and he still managed some wins and podiums. He beat Fabio last year on an inferior bike. So I think what Yamaha really went out of their way to do, was break him and Rossi off with terrible bikes. They probably knew of Petronas wanting to jump ship from MotoGP. So Yamaha, figures screw it and hands them ass bikes, with bare minimum tech and tuning. With Morbidelli being out, they got more than they bargained for, now they didn't have to provide answers on a crappy bike. The replacement guy could get the BS they hand him and be none the wiser.

Which is why I think Rossi choosing Ducati for his VR46 team is the final "up yours" to Yamaha. He knows they did him dirty and gave him a bad bike. So, like any normal business person. He took his business elsewhere and hit them where it hurts the most, that pocket. Now, he's their competition and I'm sure that pisses them off.

Either way, Yamaha wins the title this year with Fabio. I can't foresee this lasting much more than a few years. We may see Quartararo dominate for another season or two but then the Yamaha will crap out like it always does and he will leave. Which honestly, if they can get a title or two out of Fabio. Then they can live on that for the next 5-10 years in MotoGP.

I honestly think we are starting to see an end to the Honda and Yamaha domination. Manufactures like KTM, Suzuki and Ducati are finally starting to bring the heat. Who knows, even Aprilia may start laying down the law with Vinales(highly doubt it, but anything can happen).

I think Marquez' invincibility has finally been brought to an end, by none other than himself. Which I think was the major consensus for everyone. "The one thing to stop Marquez, will be Marquez." And it really happened, it was the injury that was inevitable to happen. Similar to what Rossi experienced in 2010 with his leg(he really has never been 100% since the leg and shoulder issues). What will test Marquez is, if he can dig deep and find that extra something to now live with this new breed of aliens. Because they really are a bunch of new Aliens.

Marquez is still a top alien, but Quartararo, Rins, Mir, Olivera, Binder, Vinales(when his head is right) and Bagnaia all can throw Marquez a proper beating when they want. Not to mention the minor(as in not full-on alien status) guys like Miller, Zarco and the Espargaro Bros. are all capable of giving Marquez grief now. That wasn't the case in the last few seasons.

Let's just see how this all ends...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Didn't some of you old farts get out to COTA? They do any cool shit for Rossi's last ride in the states?

Check and mate for Ducati, Fabio takes the title and crowns Yamaha champions again. Hopefully they can deliver a proper bike moving forward cause man if they lucked out with Quartararo and now having Franco on board as well, they can have a very dominant team but the engineers and team have to get their act together and deliver the goods. That race was something else, gutted for Pecco after running a great race at the front but man that hard option front tire just couldn't keep the temp even as hard as he was pushing from the beginning and crazy that the same turn and same front end tuck crash for both riders so the tire had to be the common denominator. Although the Doc leaves BUT the future of the sport is in excellent hands, the competition has never been higher and there's some insane talent moving through the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2GQ View Post
    Didn't some of you old farts get out to COTA? They do any cool shit for Rossi's last ride in the states?
    Some people went for sure, Jmetz and Spiderbob as well. I was supposed to go but my start date for my new job in FL landed that same exact weekend so had to sell my ticket and started heading to FL. Not sure if they did anything or not for sure, the consensus from the paddock wasn't a very positive one as COTA's surface is a shit show and Dorna said they won't be back next year unless they repave and actually fix the bumps. Can't hold an elite level event in such shit conditions, hell HPR has better tarmac than COTA at this point.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Check and mate for Ducati, Fabio takes the title and crowns Yamaha champions again. Hopefully they can deliver a proper bike moving forward cause man if they lucked out with Quartararo and now having Franco on board as well, they can have a very dominant team but the engineers and team have to get their act together and deliver the goods. That race was something else, gutted for Pecco after running a great race at the front but man that hard option front tire just couldn't keep the temp even as hard as he was pushing from the beginning and crazy that the same turn and same front end tuck crash for both riders so the tire had to be the common denominator. Although the Doc leaves BUT the future of the sport is in excellent hands, the competition has never been higher and there's some insane talent moving through the ranks.

Some people went for sure, Jmetz and Spiderbob as well. I was supposed to go but my start date for my new job in FL landed that same exact weekend so had to sell my ticket and started heading to FL. Not sure if they did anything or not for sure, the consensus from the paddock wasn't a very positive one as COTA's surface is a shit show and Dorna said they won't be back next year unless they repave and actually fix the bumps. Can't hold an elite level event in such shit conditions, hell HPR has better tarmac than COTA at this point.
    Yes, this was El Doctorre's last go at Misano. At least he cracked the top 10 and put on a bit of a show.

Big congrats to Fabio, he earned it this year and I'd have to say, over the second half of the season became more consistent, rather than the dominant rider of the first part of the season. But, I've always said, the championship gets decided usually by Mugello and, if you can win your races early and make everyone have to catch you. Then that's how championships are won. He did all the hard work in the first part of the season and the second half was more or less managing the points spread. Sure he had some things go his way, with Pecco crashing out of a few races, the DNF's really damage championship aspirations.

I think Fabio will hang around for a year or two with Yamaha and see how good the bike can be. We will have a different battle come next year. Ducati will be out for payback, we will have a resolved Marquez who will be back to 100%. Morbidelli will be a factor(I'm hoping) and I think Suzuki will once again feature with Brivio coming back.

As for COTA, I think it's about to get it's pavement hammered on here in a few hours with Formula 1 there.

I'm just hoping Verstappen can get the championship this year and put an end to Mercedes domination. I'd like to see McClaren and Ferrari up there some more next season as well. Even Alpine and Aston Martin show some speed from time to time. Would be much better to see others in the mix than just two drivers and cars.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Oh damn didn't know that Brivio agreed to come back, F1 sucks anyways so don't blame him for jumping ship. Just hope that GP is smart enough to keep those bozos out, they've already ruined shit and caused costly accidents by suggesting GP to implement that ridiculous track limits crap which has never been an issue before, there's zero advantage getting off the race line anyways and well cutting an actual corner is way obvious so you know when to penalize the rider. The kids that died this year high sided themselves to the moon trying to keep the damn bike within limits and pushing beyond theirs to do so, it's absurd. Morbidelli showed good pace even though the injury and it's close to top 10 even in this morning FP1/2 sessions, Fabio as usual at the front and railing that M1 to the limit haha. Ducati is so damn close to a title it's crazy, if they can find that little bit of consistency they need this upcoming 22' season, they'll for sure contend early. These next couple races should still be a good showdown given there's rookie of the year title still in the works and also battle for 2nd. I'm sure Rossi is just biding his time and taking "easy" in a sense and with the news of his daughter, he doesn't want to risk too much anyways which I don't blame him. Bigger projects and tasks ahead of him not only family wise but now with 3 teams in the paddock, he'll have his hands full and his presence will be there nonetheless.

Don't follow F1 much but the very few times I tuned in, all I saw was Max complaining away like a little bitch about some stupid shit every time. F1 has become nothing but bullshit politics and only big teams take it all, there's no middle and it's just boring as hell. Cars as wide as Texas now so there's very little passing and all the rules and regulations have just taken the fun away from the glory days of what F1 used to be. Not a fan any longer to be honest
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

End of an era!! Grazie Vale!!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yes sir, that's a wrap for the doctor and man what a career it was. Definitely thank him for the good times, what a ride! The new generation has already hit the ground running and we are up for some great racing nonetheless. His academy riders are coming up through the ranks real well and also the KTM program is building some great riders as well. I still think Yamaha fucked up by bringing Binder in instead of Lecuona but best of wishes to that kid with Honda in WSBK for next year, he showed pretty good pace and results this season to be in a shit RC16 bike, I'm sure he will deliver for Honda in some way or the other. I'm sure Suzuki will be looking to replace Rins if he doesn't stop with the front end washouts man, it's incredible to me that every time that he gets himself in a good place, he looses the front. One more showdown at Indonesia for WSBK this upcoming weekend and man it's going to be a great one! Sucks the season is already over, some amazing racing all year and already looking forward to the 2022 season in MA/WSBK/MotoGP.

Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Yes sir, that's a wrap for the doctor and man what a career it was. Definitely thank him for the good times, what a ride! The new generation has already hit the ground running and we are up for some great racing nonetheless. His academy riders are coming up through the ranks real well and also the KTM program is building some great riders as well. I still think Yamaha fucked up by bringing Binder in instead of Lecuona but best of wishes to that kid with Honda in WSBK for next year, he showed pretty good pace and results this season to be in a shit RC16 bike, I'm sure he will deliver for Honda in some way or the other. I'm sure Suzuki will be looking to replace Rins if he doesn't stop with the front end washouts man, it's incredible to me that every time that he gets himself in a good place, he looses the front. One more showdown at Indonesia for WSBK this upcoming weekend and man it's going to be a great one! Sucks the season is already over, some amazing racing all year and already looking forward to the 2022 season in MA/WSBK/MotoGP.

Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving!
    From the way Pecco came on strong during the second half of the season and was fast just about everywhere. I'd have to say, I'll have to tip Ducati for being the bike to beat next season. Not sure if Marquez will ever factor again, now that his double vision has returned due to another training accident. He is going to require surgery and a 5 month recovery time. Will be pushing it to be ready for 2022 season.

I think Fabio is worried about Ducati. I know team Suzuki are, they however at least can somewhat manage on the straights with the Ducati, having their hole shot device. Yamaha, will need some serous extra ponies for the new year.

Rins is fast, Rins just needs to figure out what he's doing wrong. I think the guy would win more races if he could just stay on the bike. Sure, Mir is faster on typically any given weekend but then Rins somehow finds some extra tenths and is faster during the race. He just crashes way too much. Then gain, that's why Mir was 3rd in the championship and I couldn't tell you where Rins landed.

I also think Jorge Martin will be a threat next season. Between him, Pecco and Miller. They took 7 wins and 10 poles, and Enea Bastianni seems to find speed out of nowhere. I think we will see some Ducati dominance next season. I think KTM will get stronger, they still won two races this year. Honda will be there and so will Yamaha. Suzuki will be at the back of these, with Aprilia sucking hind tit. What will make Ducati hard to beat is they will field 8 bikes. That's a lot of spots on the grid to fight for, and if they are all good riders. You can expect to see some serious Ducati presence in the top 10.

Roll on 2022!!

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    From the way Pecco came on strong during the second half of the season and was fast just about everywhere. I'd have to say, I'll have to tip Ducati for being the bike to beat next season. Not sure if Marquez will ever factor again, now that his double vision has returned due to another training accident. He is going to require surgery and a 5 month recovery time. Will be pushing it to be ready for 2022 season.

I think Fabio is worried about Ducati. I know team Suzuki are, they however at least can somewhat manage on the straights with the Ducati, having their hole shot device. Yamaha, will need some serous extra ponies for the new year.

Rins is fast, Rins just needs to figure out what he's doing wrong. I think the guy would win more races if he could just stay on the bike. Sure, Mir is faster on typically any given weekend but then Rins somehow finds some extra tenths and is faster during the race. He just crashes way too much. Then gain, that's why Mir was 3rd in the championship and I couldn't tell you where Rins landed.

I also think Jorge Martin will be a threat next season. Between him, Pecco and Miller. They took 7 wins and 10 poles, and Enea Bastianni seems to find speed out of nowhere. I think we will see some Ducati dominance next season. I think KTM will get stronger, they still won two races this year. Honda will be there and so will Yamaha. Suzuki will be at the back of these, with Aprilia sucking hind tit. What will make Ducati hard to beat is they will field 8 bikes. That's a lot of spots on the grid to fight for, and if they are all good riders. You can expect to see some serious Ducati presence in the top 10.

Roll on 2022!!

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless!!
    Damn, I didn't know that MM is going to require surgery for the double vision injury, yikes... Yeah I honestly don't see this dude coming back to 100% for a long time but well this is where true champions get tested and it'd be a damn shame if his career is put in doubt due to this, he's still far too young and has a lot to give. Don't really see Pol carrying the torch for HRC given he's too much of a hot head just like his brother and loses focus rather quickly, also hope he's doing alright after that nasty highside at T13 during practice, that looked bad. Ducati will have so many riders this upcoming season, their engineers will have a field day going through all that data and converting it into solutions and future performance, that's something that Yamaha lacks dearly and well FB won't be around forever given that his contract is up in 22' and I'm sure teams are already lining up to offer some serious $$$ for his skills and services, doubt Yamaha has the $$$ and the solutions to convince him to stay and judging his character, I bet your ass he's more worried/concerned about solutions than a fat contract at the moment, he wants to win and he's thirsty for that.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1