Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

22' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

For all things 2022... get set.. GO!!!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: 22' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Shit looks like we hit the ground running here too and put up the Christmas tree up already ... Yeah, the upcoming tests will be interesting to see what type of leaps some manufacturers are making for 2022 and man Yamaha need some serious help for sure cause if how this year went and riders stay healthy, Ducati is going to mop the floor with the whole paddock and then some with the show they put up this season as they're now strong at every single track unlike before but then again anything can happen. It'll be interesting to see how a healthy Jorge Martin will do given he had a spectacular rookie season and needs very little to be honed in and also how Fernandez/Gardner with the Tech 3 team will fall into place. Excited already and this season is barely over , come on winter, get outta here already
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Man that ending to the 2021 WSBK season was nothing short of amazing, holy shit those battles are so close and great. I definitely recommend anyone that hasn't followed them for a few to do so now, racing is so much closer than before and again the battles are insane! Looking forward to the 2022 season already, come on March!!! Also what a season for Yamaha across the board, multiple titles not only in WSBK/GP but also in endurance and motox series, 2021 has been title filled for the blue team. Hopefully they can deliver more for GP as reports are that FB isn't very happy with the 2022 bike at all and is demanding more (welcome to Rossi's world buddy ) so we'll see. Gerloff closed off the season being top independent rider and also GRT is top independent team, hope Yamaha will get smart and leave politics aside and let this dude ride to the potential he's shown already, they definitely watered down his bike and also killed his momentum with that bullshit with Toprak even though he's a reckless rider. Before I get lit up on Toprak I invite you to go take a look at some of his passes this season which were also sketch as fuck and yet he had the audacity to blame Gerloff for that one but yet come race next day he did last lap pass on Redding that bumped him as well and was just risky as fuck, so again spare me the bullshit. It's only because GRT is a satellite team and Toprak is their new golden boy and let's be honest, Europe doesn't like American riders and have some dude from MA come through and show off the factory riders on a satellite bike his first season out. Hell the fact that Yamaha considered him to sub in for Rossi tells you everything, it just doesn't make sense to kill someone's aspirations over political theater.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Nov 21st, 2021 at 10:03 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Man that ending to the 2021 WSBK season was nothing short of amazing, holy shit those battles are so close and great. I definitely recommend anyone that hasn't followed them for a few to do so now, racing is so much closer than before and again the battles are insane! Looking forward to the 2022 season already, come on March!!! Also what a season for Yamaha across the board, multiple titles not only in WSBK/GP but also in endurance and motox series, 2021 has been title filled for the blue team. Hopefully they can deliver more for GP as reports are that FB isn't very happy with the 2022 bike at all and is demanding more (welcome to Rossi's world buddy ) so we'll see. Gerloff closed off the season being top independent rider and also GRT is top independent team, hope Yamaha will get smart and leave politics aside and let this dude ride to the potential he's shown already, they definitely watered down his bike and also killed his momentum with that bullshit with Toprak even though he's a reckless rider. Before I get lit up on Toprak I invite you to go take a look at some of his passes this season which were also sketch as fuck and yet he had the audacity to blame Gerloff for that one but yet come race next day he did last lap pass on Redding that bumped him as well and was just risky as fuck, so again spare me the bullshit. It's only because GRT is a satellite team and Toprak is their new golden boy and let's be honest, Europe doesn't like American riders and have some dude from MA come through and show off the factory riders on a satellite bike his first season out. Hell the fact that Yamaha considered him to sub in for Rossi tells you everything, it just doesn't make sense to kill someone's aspirations over political theater.
    WorldSBK turned out to be a good season this year. Was hard to see who would have taken the title. Figured Rea just because it would have been his 7th in a row. But Toprak looked the most hungry and wanted to take it away from Rea. Toprak is a little dangerous and does pull some tough moves, and I think we saw that play out with how him and Rea battled this season. Even Redding had some run ins with Toprak. Either way it was a good ending and a good season for sure. We shall see if Toprak has what it takes to make to MotoGP, he keeps saying that's where he wants to go. But he's getting old already and not sure he will want to tangle with the hot shots over there. He won't be able to just barge his way around them, after they just leave him for dead. Whole other world when you run with the elite.

I'm with you, looking forward to 2022 already!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

IF the rumors are true that Fabio is going to ask Yamaha for $20m to remain in Yamaha, I see Toprak moving to GP a lot sooner than I thought. There is no way in hell Yamaha is going to pay him that, hell Ducati digged into every crevice to pay Lorenzo $17m and they have way more budget than Yamaha does. I don't foresee FQ staying with Yamaha past 2022 with that type of greed, I'm sure other teams are licking their chops at these rumors BUT doubt anyone besides Ducati would be able to afford him at that absurd rate, hell not even HRC pays Marc that much, he's only at the $10m per year range and he's multiple world champion. I mean although it's coming from Pernat himself so this rumor may have a lot more validity than most and also the newer generation sports figures going for the big money in all sports these days as well, not surprising at all. IF Fabio wins the title again then yeah ask away but hell I don't even think they ever paid Rossi that much.

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/fea...-his-contract/
    Last edited by madvlad; Wed Dec 22nd, 2021 at 03:02 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

IF the rumors are true that Fabio is going to ask Yamaha for $20m to remain in Yamaha, I see Toprak moving to GP a lot sooner than I thought. There is no way in hell Yamaha is going to pay him that, hell Ducati digged into every crevice to pay Lorenzo $17m and they have way more budget than Yamaha does. I don't foresee FQ staying with Yamaha past 2022 with that type of greed, I'm sure other teams are licking their chops at these rumors BUT doubt anyone besides Ducati would be able to afford him at that absurd rate, hell not even HRC pays Marc that much, he's only at the $10m per year range and he's multiple world champion. I mean although it's coming from Pernat himself so this rumor may have a lot more validity than most and also the newer generation sports figures going for the big money in all sports these days as well, not surprising at all. IF Fabio wins the title again then yeah ask away but hell I don't even think they ever paid Rossi that much.

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/fea...-his-contract/
    Well that is a bit of a shock. Can't believe he's snagged one title and is going to demand $20 Million. You're right Marquez doesn't make that and he's considerably way more of a soon to be MotoGP legend than Fabio. I think FQ is fast and he really did what he needed to do this year, but man you've got to win I think, several titles and probably consecutive titles in order to demand that kind of money.

I think Rossi at one time was around that $12-$15 million euro deal. But you can see why a team would pay that for Rossi. Regardless of the wins or lack of championships, the money, branding and sponsorship he brings more than pays for itself.

I remember reading a long time ago that Michael Shumacher was the highest paid athlete during his prime. Making some ungodly $150+ million a year, but the crazy thing was it wasn't his salary from Ferrari. It was all his sponsorships and deals he had. Dude raked it in, hand over fist on sponsorships. Getting to drive a Formula 1 car was like a bonus for him.

Can't say as I see FQ staying with Yamaha then, they don't have the money and surely won't pay it if he can't produce more titles. I think honestly, Fabio would be amazing on the Suzuki or even the Ducati. He likes the agility of a bike and I think the Suzuki would pay dividends. But he's always saying he wants more power too, so the Ducati would be up his alley. If it is starting to be a more all around package I bet he would live with the lack of agility in trade for that monster motor they have. Never will go to Honda. Honda is for the people not named "Marquez" to end their careers with.

I'm not sure Toprak would do well in MotoGP. By the time he arrives he will be 27 or maybe 28. He's fast but I don't know how he's going to deal with Marquez, Quatararo, Bagnaia, Mir, Rins and the rest of the new breed of maniacs. He won't be battling an older Johnny Rea that's still fast but nothing like what MotoGP has to offer.

Let's see, can't wait for 2022 to start already!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Looks like everything points to Petrucci coming to MA in 2022 with Warhorse HSBK Racing Ducati (factory supported team). This MotoAmerica season is going to be insanely good as well.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...o-motoamerica/
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

New title sponsor for VR46 as Aramco drops as sponsor:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...ng-team/403693

New sporting regulation changes for all GP classes:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2021/...nd-more/403643
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Toprak hints at possible 2023 MotoGP move

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/fea...-razgatlioglu/
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Toprak hints at possible 2023 MotoGP move

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/fea...-razgatlioglu/
    That would mean Yamaha are either expecting Fabio Quartararo to leave after next season, or they don't expect Morbidelli to perform well. Wouldn't be surprised to see Fabio go to Ducati. Although I'm reading reports that Ducati and also Honda are interested in Joan Mir. For some reason, either Marquez isn't healing fast enough or he may not be coming back at all. Or if he does he may never be the Marquez of before, or they may think Pol E. is on his way out as well.

I think we are going to get into the "silly season" quick this year. Lots of contacts coming up and lots of guys getting the boot in my opinion. Suzuki may have two seats open if Mir jumps ship, and Rins won't be retained if he can't stop crashing. Factory Yamaha may turn up to be question marks for both seats come the end of this year. One would think Ducati are pretty secure, but I'm reading rumblings that if Miller can't get it done this year, he may be on his way out. Especially, since Stoner is talking about coming back to Ducati as a rider advisor/coach type role.

Really could turn out to be a year where all the lesser factory teams and the satellites are the safest places to be as a rider.

If Fabio goes on to win it all again this year or even come second. I would think he's got his choice of where to go. I think the strongest title contender this year will be Bagnaia, followed by FQ and maybe throwing Mir, Miller and Marquez(if healthy) into the mix for the championship. The minor aliens will always be there as well, with Morbidelli, Rins, KTM A squad and B squad Ducati guys all featuring for podiums and race wins depending on the circuits.

Honestly, 2022 could be just a few guys fighting it out all year or a large group should things even out come season opener. I think as always, the title will get decided in the first half and whoever is in the lead at that point will play conservative. Unless it's a Ducati, then I would think a guy like Bagnaia will try and pile on the rest if he can. Might as well, if you have the bike to crap on the entire grid with, then go for it. But I think Fabio will be in it again, he's won one championship and knows how it's done. He will be looking to secure wins and podiums quick before mid season to shore up a lead. Then try and take some wins here and there in part 2.

I think we will have 5 to 8 race winners this year. Bagnaia, FQ, Morbidelli, Miller, Marquez, with the KTM boys taking some wins at the circuits they are strong at. Everything else is just up in the air at this point.

Would really like to see how Toprak's wild card races go. If he sucks bad, then he might want to rethink the whole "gotta be in MotoGP by year 23.." mindset. If he's fast and does well(say top 10), then yeah we just might see him jump over.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Cam Petersen joins Attack Yamaha alongside Jake Gagne for the 2022 MotoAmerica season
    Last edited by madvlad; Tue Jan 18th, 2022 at 04:15 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Cam Petersen joins Attack Yamaha alongside Jake Gagne for the 2022 MotoAmerica season
    good for Cam, he's a fast dude.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah he showed promise just in that superstock Suzuki as they're allowed to race in the SBK class as well for exposure then they moved him up to the factory spec bike and he also showed great pace last year and even got a race win in very tricky conditions, I'm surprised M4 Ecstar did not keep him. He's got a great opportunity with Yamaha this season to be up there constantly and show his true potential with a team that supports both their riders equally. Just waiting on the confirmation of Petrucci to jump aboard that Ducati and man this MotoAmerica season is going to be f'ing insane!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

and sort of unrelated BUT related, this local kid in CO that races in the MRA, Jayden Fernandez has officially entered for the Aprilia North American Talent cup for the 2022 season. Watched that kid race in CO in 2021 from every angle at every track while being head corner worker and seeing him keep up with the big dogs on 600/1000cc motorcycles just on his NSR50 just with metronomic pace, I seriously can't wait to see what this kid achieves in this cup and hopefully see him in the big leagues soon, he's a smooth and just fearless rider. Definitely show some love and support to him and his dad in the paddock if you guys happen to attend MRA races (assuming they'll be racing locally over there this year as I'm suppose entering these cup races has to be stupid expensive) but even if he's not in the MRA in 2022 as they may be putting all their resources and focus into being successful in the cup, please show some love to local talent! This cup is version on this side of the pond to the Asian talent cup and the Red Bull Rookies talent cup in Europe to give exposure to young and upcoming talent.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Resurfacing work underway at COTA

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...-begins/403989
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Getting word from the MRA that there is a high possibility that they may hold the 2nd round of the North American Talent Cup at HPR in Byers during the MRA's 1st round May 7-8, I will confirm if this comes to fruition but definitely encourage people to go out and support this if it does happen. We not only have a local rider in the cup but it will also support HPR as a local race track and help promote the sport. I sure as hell will be flying back if it happens. More to follow!!!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

COTA needed the resurface. Was getting bumpy and riders were complaining about it. Even the F1 guys thought the track was degrading a bit.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Marquez cleared to return for the Sepang test

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...ng-test/404095
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Official entry list for WSBK 22' season

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/202...%20for%20glory
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Marquez cleared to return for the Sepang test

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...ng-test/404095
    This should be interesting to see how well he goes. I think more than anything it will be a shake down for him to test a full on MotoGP bike at speed. If the first test he does well, then I think he will do well during the season. Still for some reason don't think he's back to 100% and even if here is 100%. Something tells me the rest of the field have caught up and in some ways have passed him. We will have to see him dig deep this year and come up with some speed. Especially if the Honda bike is not up to par. They could be in a world of hurt if the bike sucks like it did last year.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah it'll definitely be interesting to see how he does, I believe he did test the actual MotoGP bike at a private test in Algarve to see how his vision and body reacted since he's been off a bike for a minute again and he did ride a "stock" bike not too long ago along with some dirt riding. His confidence definitely has been altered without a doubt due to his injuries and hope he stays healthy and on the bike for 2022 cause another major crash and that may be a wrap for him. From what Bradl and Pol said during their first shakedown test, they had very positive things to say about the bike so we'll see how it all pans out at Sepang where bikes really get put to the test.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

It's official now, Petrucci will race here for 2022 with the Warhorse HSBK Ducati NY team

https://www.motoamerica.com/its-offi...bk-ducati-nyc/
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

2 day test wrapped up at Sepang with already insane times and very little gaps covering the top 10 riders:

Time standings for both days: https://www.motogp.com/en/TestResult...+Official+Test

Honda: It seems like their new set up is going the right direction although MM confirms the 2022 bike is much different than what he's used to and it's trying to adjust to it along with fitness and such, Pol has been rather quiet and haven't seen anything from him as far as feedback yet although he finished 10th in combined standings.

KTM: Guidotti going to KTM bit way more than he could chew, by the tone in his interview they're in serious trouble for 2022 as they don't even have a base set up yet even after 2 days of testing, their best rider was 15th and the rookies with Tech3 finished near their factory riders which is embarrassing honestly.

Yamaha: Yamaha just doesn't deliver anything new or ground breaking to bring the fight to Ducati and the insane gap they have to the other manufacturers in that regard, you can tell the riders are holding their disappointment back when interviewed and asked about it as they all really had nothing outstanding to say but the same ol' "yeah it was good BUT", if it wasn't for Fabio's riding style, they'd be seriously screwed as all the other 3 riders were way outside the top 10, hell Crutchlow as a test rider finished better than Dovi and Franco who are both on 2022 (well a dressed up 2021) factory spec bikes and I fear if Yamaha doesn't deliver they'll lose FB and quick. Meregalli did confirm Toprak for a test on the M1 this season given they need a plan B in case FB jumps ship which is looking very likely right now.

Ducati: Strong all across the board, they even brought a redesigned engine for 2022, if Pecco finds form early unlike last year, Yamaha can kiss that title goodbye from now, mainly with 8 bikes on the grid, they have insane amounts of information to keep development going and man if it's paid off for them! Have to mention Enea Bastiannini as well man, lap record and he had never been there before but also very consistent in a very complex race track plus the heat and humidity added to it, if he can also find good pace and consistency early in the season and the brilliance he showed late last season, he could be top 5 or even top 3 without a doubt.

Suzuki: Alex Rins up to a flyer on both days, also very consistent but hopefully he worked mentally and training wise in the off season to not lose the front end during races if he wants to stay in the paddock, it is literally do or die for him this year. Mir is supposedly going into contract renewal talks with Suzuki at the moment but with rumors of HRC snagging him for 2023, who knows what is going to happen with that kid and also depending if Yamaha lose out on FB for 2023, he may not have the HRC option at all given I'm sure HRC will jump at FB and pay him. I honestly don't think Mir would do all that well and he'd crumble on a Honda being a much more physically demanding bike to ride unlike the smoothness of the Suzuki, hell Pol found that out real quick as well.

Aprilia: Both riders had a very strong test and also helped that they had a private test a few days prior to the official test but as usual we all know that MV is always a one lap wonder but come race day, he's nowhere to be found and Aleix just keeps hanging in there hoping for these guys to deliver that last step they need to contend. They're much closer without a doubt but obviously lacking those extra few set up and parts steps to bring the fight at the front.

We'll see what happens in Mandalika next weekend since it's a new track for pretty much everyone and what other steps teams make towards bettering their set ups and such, month away from Losail and man I cannot wait!!!
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Feb 6th, 2022 at 06:46 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

2 day test wrapped up at Sepang with already insane times and very little gaps covering the top 10 riders:

Time standings for both days: https://www.motogp.com/en/TestResult...+Official+Test

Honda: It seems like their new set up is going the right direction although MM confirms the 2022 bike is much different than what he's used to and it's trying to adjust to it along with fitness and such, Pol has been rather quiet and haven't seen anything from him as far as feedback yet although he finished 10th in combined standings.

KTM: Guidotti going to KTM bit way more than he could chew, by the tone in his interview they're in serious trouble for 2022 as they don't even have a base set up yet even after 2 days of testing, their best rider was 15th and the rookies with Tech3 finished near their factory riders which is embarrassing honestly.

Yamaha: Yamaha just doesn't deliver anything new or ground breaking to bring the fight to Ducati and the insane gap they have to the other manufacturers in that regard, you can tell the riders are holding their disappointment back when interviewed and asked about it as they all really had nothing outstanding to say but the same ol' "yeah it was good BUT", if it wasn't for Fabio's riding style, they'd be seriously screwed as all the other 3 riders were way outside the top 10, hell Crutchlow as a test rider finished better than Dovi and Franco who are both on 2022 (well a dressed up 2021) factory spec bikes and I fear if Yamaha doesn't deliver they'll lose FB and quick. Meregalli did confirm Toprak for a test on the M1 this season given they need a plan B in case FB jumps ship which is looking very likely right now.

Ducati: Strong all across the board, they even brought a redesigned engine for 2022, if Pecco finds form early unlike last year, Yamaha can kiss that title goodbye from now, mainly with 8 bikes on the grid, they have insane amounts of information to keep development going and man if it's paid off for them! Have to mention Enea Bastiannini as well man, lap record and he had never been there before but also very consistent in a very complex race track plus the heat and humidity added to it, if he can also find good pace and consistency early in the season and the brilliance he showed late last season, he could be top 5 or even top 3 without a doubt.

Suzuki: Alex Rins up to a flyer on both days, also very consistent but hopefully he worked mentally and training wise in the off season to not lose the front end during races if he wants to stay in the paddock, it is literally do or die for him this year. Mir is supposedly going into contract renewal talks with Suzuki at the moment but with rumors of HRC snagging him for 2023, who knows what is going to happen with that kid and also depending if Yamaha lose out on FB for 2023, he may not have the HRC option at all given I'm sure HRC will jump at FB and pay him. I honestly don't think Mir would do all that well and he'd crumble on a Honda being a much more physically demanding bike to ride unlike the smoothness of the Suzuki, hell Pol found that out real quick as well.

Aprilia: Both riders had a very strong test and also helped that they had a private test a few days prior to the official test but as usual we all know that MV is always a one lap wonder but come race day, he's nowhere to be found and Aleix just keeps hanging in there hoping for these guys to deliver that last step they need to contend. They're much closer without a doubt but obviously lacking those extra few set up and parts steps to bring the fight at the front.

We'll see what happens in Mandalika next weekend since it's a new track for pretty much everyone and what other steps teams make towards bettering their set ups and such, month away from Losail and man I cannot wait!!!
    I think what was rather surprising was the spread of riders within one second of 1st. All the way back to 19th, which is a large pool of riders within striking distance of top 10's and podiums. And from 14th down to 1st, everyone is covered by half a second. That's very close, and honestly would more than likely be the guys battling it out during the race. And if you look from 1st to 15th, that's where the majority of the aliens are residing. I'd say Binder, Fernandez will be there. Also Bezzecchi as he's new.

Now the one I don't really expect to be there is Alex Marquez, he just doesn't have it. Also, Marini is too hit and miss, same with Zarco. He's great at the beginning of the season but Zarco fades out as the season grows on.

The ones that are for me the biggest surprise are Aprilia. Either they found some serious speed, or Vinales joining really pushed them into developing a good bike. A. Espagaro was faster but I think overall in a race he will lose to Vinales. Enea is also a dark horse for this year. I think he's keeping his powder dry and just riding fast and quiet. If he has something, we will see it come race day.

Haven't gone over the lap by lap analysis from motogp.com but just looking at the grid over the past two days. The season is starting to take shape. We need to see next weeks tests and get a good idea of where everyone will be.

My picks for guys in the fight this year will be: Bagnaia, Quartararo, Miller(sort of), M. Marquez, Bastianini, Olivera and Binder(at KTM suited tracks), Rins and Mir will do better. Unless this test was just a fluke, I think we will see Aprilia finally in the mix. Those are the guys I expect to see with constant top 10's, battling for podiums and winning races. Along with some of the others coming on strong as the year progresses.

For sure a strong looking field and a tough one at that. Marquez doesn't have an old Rossi, or old Pedrosa and Lorenzo anymore. He's got guys that are going to ride right through him if he gets in the way. He will have to dig deep this year.

I agree with the Toprak talk, Yamaha aren't getting it done. FQ will jump ship if he gets and offer, especially with Yamaha failing to bring the power again! I think we are going to see Yamaha start to fall away and become an "also ran" team here in the future to come. If they aren't careful, we will see them exit just like Kawasaki and tuck their tales to go fight in WSBK. And really, if they can't develop a bike to run with the rest of the big dogs, then yeah get out of MotoGP and go play in the JV leagues with the C and D squads.. They clearly aren't varsity material anymore. It's what Kawsaki have done, and as much as I love Kawi they did need to leave MotoGP and go somewhere else. Now look at them, they dominated WSBK and re-established the brand. Still don't see them coming back to MotoGP though.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"