Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 22' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Re: 22' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

MotoGP:

Puig and Honda definitely got a humble sandwich served to them today as Marquez wasn't able to pull the heroics of COTA and goes to show he's mortal , a huge bummer for Miller and Mir man, they had a great battle going on and Miller had managed to close the gap and fight for 2nd spot but man he got a little too ambitious there unfortunately and it cost him dearly (he's being linked to going back to Pramac or LCR after this season and this definitely sealed that fate, super cool and likeable dude and would have been cool to see him champion but doesn't look like it'll be in his fate to do so). Ride of the day goes to Rins for sure though, holy shit what a start and coming from the back of the pack to a near podium finish was about the best thing I've seen in a while. Yes, you could argue that Marc's comeback in COTA was pretty remarkable but he was being very careless as you mentioned he almost collected Binder and Maverick in the process, Rins did it cleanly and just efficiently. Fabio keeps trying his best but man that still doesn't fix Yamaha's woes, they just lucked out that Portimao is a track in which Yamaha works well and today happened to work in their favor but come Jerez and other tracks, they'll be back to frustration mode as 3 out of the 4 riders are about to call it quits in that outdated M1.

Moto2:

Super happy to see Cameron starting P2 and battle it up there with the big dogs in the class before the rain delivered that incredible carnage of a multiple rider crash in T2 in which I am also very happy to see that everyone walked away okay from, that could have been so bad it's not even funny. Being a former marshal that had my heart about to leave my chest this morning watching it unfold live and not being able to do shit about it (note to any racers reading this, this is why we always tell you to walk away from your bike when you crash and you're okay, mainly if you're in the crash zone, get out of there and to safety to a bunker/tire wall/fence, etc and NEVER turn your back on a hot race track, couple riders standing there almost got collected and even one of the marshals running out in the initial part of the crash, again that could have been absolute catastrophe). Although Cameron couldn't take the restart due to his bike being wadded and also by regulation they had to get back within 5 minutes of the red flag back to the pits but another American rider, Joe Roberts took advantage of the restart and won the race on a 7 lap sprint to the finish. Of course everyone is calling the race win "gifted" but many of these type of scenarios have played before where Italian and Spanish riders have capitalized on said scenarios that aren't in their control and nobody ever called it gifted, sure love that American riders are on the radar now in a good way and people are just hating it but oh man we are loving it!!!

WorldSBK:

The battle in between Rae, TopRak and Bautista goes on, some great racing from those three overall although Toprak and Rae got tangled in an incident on race 2 which honestly was only a matter of time it would happen as hard as those go at it. Happy for Iker Lecuona grabbing 3rd place for HRC in his debut season and that's gotta be a huge confidence booster for that kid, KTM did him dirty honestly, he was showing great improvement and was delivering constant top 10 results on that satellite KTM but they gave him the boot unfortunately. Bad weekend and start to the year for Gerloff unfortunately, race 1 he couldn't get any grip or rhythm going due to a bad tire choice (went with the 0 instead of the X tire) and then on race 2 after a good start, he got sandwiched between Rae and Lowes and damaged his bike so he had to pit and call it a day. Such a bummer man because he's shown he can be up there but just luck isn't in his court at the moment, those incidents with Toprak last year really did a number to that team and rider and things just haven't been the same. It's early in the season but sure hope he can recover and show what he can really do.

MotoAmerica:

Well what is there to be said honestly, Petrucci is just making these guys look beyond silly and this season has barely started, even Matthew Scholtz during the podium interview said that yesterday and you could see his frustration as the skill gap is just too great. However, sure hope that some riders will start taking shit more seriously and that developmental programs such as the North American Talent Cup continue building and supporting so riders here can have a true chance and that investors start queuing in to support and help rider success moving forward.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Apr 24th, 2022 at 01:52 PM.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    MotoGP:

Puig and Honda definitely got a humble sandwich served to them today as Marquez wasn't able to pull the heroics of COTA and goes to show he's mortal , a huge bummer for Miller and Mir man, they had a great battle going on and Miller had managed to close the gap and fight for 2nd spot but man he got a little too ambitious there unfortunately and it cost him dearly (he's being linked to going back to Pramac or LCR after this season and this definitely sealed that fate, super cool and likeable dude and would have been cool to see him champion but doesn't look like it'll be in his fate to do so). Ride of the day goes to Rins for sure though, holy shit what a start and coming from the back of the pack to a near podium finish was about the best thing I've seen in a while. Yes, you could argue that Marc's comeback in COTA was pretty remarkable but he was being very careless as you mentioned he almost collected Binder and Maverick in the process, Rins did it cleanly and just efficiently. Fabio keeps trying his best but man that still doesn't fix Yamaha's woes, they just lucked out that Portimao is a track in which Yamaha works well and today happened to work in their favor but come Jerez and other tracks, they'll be back to frustration mode as 3 out of the 4 riders are about to call it quits in that outdated M1.

I think Marquez is having problems that they are not telling us. Sure, he was beasting it up in COTA but that's a track he loves. I expect more of the same at Sachsenring. He either really got his setup wrong today or just didn't have anything in the tank for anyone on track. Which I think goes to what I've been suspecting for awhile now. The others have caught him in terms of speed, and it's starting to show. They are relentless and younger. Just as he was when he came in 2013, now he's dealing with the new breed some 10 years down the road.

If by some chance he manages to dig deep and find more speed to put him back on top, I don't think we will see him re-new a contract past 2024. This will be three seasons since he won a championship and the injuries are starting to take their toll. He's paying for it now, and even though he's still young, you can tell he's lost a step. The big crashes didn't phase him before, and now they ring his bell. He's starting to lose the edge. Could he still race well into his 30's?? Sure, I think he would still be a super fast guy at 35, but I don't see him winning a ton more races and championships. However, the way he rides and the damages that he is suffering are going to mean he won't make it racing into his 30's.

That's what kept Rossi fast until I'd say 2017. His 2015 and 2016 season he was super fast and there with the rest of the aliens(arguably 2016 he was the fastest rider on the grid at 37!!). But Rossi learned from the leg break in 2010, that he will need to re-tool his thinking. No longer will outright pace/speed win the day. He had to resort to winning races through consistency, getting the bike setup perfectly, Bridgestone tires(pre-2016)and sometimes winning through the attrition of others. That's what happens as they age, and it starts to fade year after year.

A testament to that though, is Rossi's lap record at Argentina from 2015(which still stands). Also his metronomic pace he set at Sepang(in 2018 or 2019) where he looked more like Lorenzo, until he crashed as Marquez was chipping away at the lead. Those days Rossi was perfect and it all came together. I dare say, a younger Rossi wouldn't have lost the lead in Sepang, he would have waited for Marquez to arrive and then dogfight him to the end.

But I agree, FQ is making the difference for the M1. Yet, these kinds of tracks aren't all in a row. I think FQ will do well in Jerez, Mugello and Catalunya as well as Le Mans(home race will give boost). But after the classic M1 tracks are over with, we arrive at the big tracks. Austria will either be Ducati or a KTM. Brno is KTM grounds. Assen and Silverstone are toss ups but require some serious grunt at times. Sachsenring will go to the Honda or someone else not Yamaha.

I think the big tracks like Sepang and Brno for instance will be tough on Yamaha. Even Philip Island is fast as hell on the huge front straight. I think Fabio needs to do what he did last year, win as many of these classic M1 tracks that are coming up as he can. And then damage limitation the rest of the season. Do his best to be top 5 as much as possible(podium even better).

Moto2:

Super happy to see Cameron starting P2 and battle it up there with the big dogs in the class before the rain delivered that incredible carnage of a multiple rider crash in T2 in which I am also very happy to see that everyone walked away okay from, that could have been so bad it's not even funny. Being a former marshal that had my heart about to leave my chest this morning watching it unfold live and not being able to do shit about it (note to any racers reading this, this is why we always tell you to walk away from your bike when you crash and you're okay, mainly if you're in the crash zone, get out of there and to safety to a bunker/tire wall/fence, etc and NEVER turn your back on a hot race track, couple riders standing there almost got collected and even one of the marshals running out in the initial part of the crash, again that could have been absolute catastrophe). Although Cameron couldn't take the restart due to his bike being wadded and also by regulation they had to get back within 5 minutes of the red flag back to the pits but another American rider, Joe Roberts took advantage of the restart and won the race on a 7 lap sprint to the finish. Of course everyone is calling the race win "gifted" but many of these type of scenarios have played before where Italian and Spanish riders have capitalized on said scenarios that aren't in their control and nobody ever called it gifted, sure love that American riders are on the radar now in a good way and people are just hating it but oh man we are loving it!!!

I don't get to see Moto2 so I don't have much of a take on it. Just saw the highlights on CNBC and it looked like a crash fest.

WorldSBK:

The battle in between Rae, TopRak and Bautista goes on, some great racing from those three overall although Toprak and Rae got tangled in an incident on race 2 which honestly was only a matter of time it would happen as hard as those go at it. Happy for Iker Lecuona grabbing 3rd place for HRC in his debut season and that's gotta be a huge confidence booster for that kid, KTM did him dirty honestly, he was showing great improvement and was delivering constant top 10 results on that satellite KTM but they gave him the boot unfortunately. Bad weekend and start to the year for Gerloff unfortunately, race 1 he couldn't get any grip or rhythm going due to a bad tire choice (went with the 0 instead of the X tire) and then on race 2 after a good start, he got sandwiched between Rae and Lowes and damaged his bike so he had to pit and call it a day. Such a bummer man because he's shown he can be up there but just luck isn't in his court at the moment, those incidents with Toprak last year really did a number to that team and rider and things just haven't been the same. It's early in the season but sure hope he can recover and show what he can really do.

Kind of same as Moto2, although I do get so watch truncated versions of the race on YouTube, so I get most of the WSBK races. It's shaping up to be another bruising year for Rea, Toprak and now Bautista. Alvaro seems to be keeping his nose clean, and letting those two duke it out. Which is good because no sense in getting in between the hate those two have for each. Just pick up the pieces when they screw up. Bautista is also fast so he can burn them at times too.

MotoAmerica:

Well what is there to be said honestly, Petrucci is just making these guys look beyond silly and this season has barely started, even Matthew Scholtz during the podium interview said that yesterday and you could see his frustration as the skill gap is just too great. However, sure hope that some riders will start taking shit more seriously and that developmental programs such as the North American Talent Cup continue building and supporting so riders here can have a true chance and that investors start queuing in to support and help rider success moving forward.

Now this I do get to watch on FS2. Yeah, I'm highly inclined to agree with you. Petrucci is going to own these guys. We haven't got to see him and Gagne go at it one on one, had a taste in Race 1 but Jake lost it. I think Danilo will only get better as the season goes on. His bike gets sorted out and he will also be 100% physically. He will be a thorn in everyone's side. What will interesting to see is the reliability of his bike. Only the second weekend and his bike looks like it went south and that's not good.

I agree with you 100% on the seriousness of our sport nationally. We need to do more to get riders better prepared for the competition of the world level.

This is an opinion I've had for as long as I can remember and being into motorcycle racing. I'm sure it's not popular with American racers but it's my take on how I've always seen racing as a whole. Back in the day when the AMA was at it's pinnacle and super popular. I still would only rank it at the bottom of championships to get into. They're all stepping stones in a sense to make it to MotoGP or WSBK.

Here's how I rank world racing:
    1. MotoGP
    2. WSBK(and it is tied with MotoGP in a sense because it's the highest you can go with a Superbike, not a Prototype). It's still not faster than MotoGP.
    3. BSB <----this is where you want to end up in climbing the ladder process, because they actually race at WSBK and MotoGP tracks.
    4. and 5. ASBK(Australian Superbike) and the Spanish/Latin SBK's are tied.
    6. and then AMA(former) now MotoAmerica(latter) <----- however this does tend to pull more racers because of it's TV exposure. Australian and Spanish SBK's are pretty much relegated to their own countries. Although I did used to watch ASBK here on the old MAV TV for a year or two.

Now if we want to go back to the eras of Lawson, Roberts, Schwantz and even Hayden, Spies, Edwards and Hopkins. Then yeah, AMA was was more prestigious back then, as it actually developed riders for MotoGP or WSBK. But I still don't see us getting our racers ready for the elite levels. Some of our best racers that have managed to get on the world stage find that it's very, very competitive, and they are more on the back foot. It's why Mladin never went beyond AMA, he knew the competition was brutal the higher up the ladder.

You have to look at how these other countries operate. For their children, it's either Soccer or Motorcycles and that's about it. Here in America, our children have Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, Lacrosse, etc. and then of course the rest are trying to figure out what f**kin bathroom to use. So for the USA, our priorites are a lot differnet in terms of readying riders for the world stage. Auto/Motor racing in general is just not there the way it is in the rest of the world. In the US, we either go in a straight line or in a circle, whereas Road Racing seems to require to much brain power for most to either compete in, or spectate at.

Bring on the next races
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Rumor around the mill is that Suzuki is about to call it quits in the championship at the end of 2022. That would see Mir with Marc at Honda and Rins in the air for a seat for 2022 given both their contracts are up this season and makes perfect sense why they've waited so long to sign them given that Mir won in 2020. Must be in some serious financial straits or something to make such a drastic decision given not too long ago they had signed until 2026 with the championship if memory serves me right... Definitely will be interesting to see how this story develops in the next few weeks as Dorna actually reached out to Suzuki directly given the rumors.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Rumor around the mill is that Suzuki is about to call it quits in the championship at the end of 2022. That would see Mir with Marc at Honda and Rins in the air for a seat for 2022 given both their contracts are up this season and makes perfect sense why they've waited so long to sign them given that Mir won in 2020. Must be in some serious financial straits or something to make such a drastic decision given not too long ago they had signed until 2026 with the championship if memory serves me right... Definitely will be interesting to see how this story develops in the next few weeks as Dorna actually reached out to Suzuki directly given the rumors.
    That's what I've been reading. Is that it is a done deal, they are just waiting for Suzuki to make it official. The team has already been notified at yesterday's test at Jerez. So they know what is coming and what to expect. Can't believe Suzuki is having financial problems, especially after winning the title in 2020. You'd think they could milk some of that for awhile being a MotoGP championship winning team. Granted they lost the constructors title that year but did with the rider and I think team championship(that may have gone to Yamaha) but who knows.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    That's what I've been reading. Is that it is a done deal, they are just waiting for Suzuki to make it official. The team has already been notified at yesterday's test at Jerez. So they know what is coming and what to expect. Can't believe Suzuki is having financial problems, especially after winning the title in 2020. You'd think they could milk some of that for awhile being a MotoGP championship winning team. Granted they lost the constructors title that year but did with the rider and I think team championship(that may have gone to Yamaha) but who knows.
    Yeah it definitely poses the question if they've lost sponsors or what given they were champions not too long ago and teams like Aprilia and even Yamaha that have the same if not less spending caps so really makes you wonder what truly happened, it's crazy and they've been far more successful than Aprilia since coming back into the championship. Damn shame honestly because it was cool having them in the mix.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah it definitely poses the question if they've lost sponsors or what given they were champions not too long ago and teams like Aprilia and even Yamaha that have the same if not less spending caps so really makes you wonder what truly happened, it's crazy and they've been far more successful than Aprilia since coming back into the championship. Damn shame honestly because it was cool having them in the mix.
    It is odd, if you just compare them to Yamaha. Two bikes that are similar in nature with the agile chassis and ability to be nimble. Yet, Yamaha has been stagnant and Suzuki for the most part have moved forward. Especially for this season, they found some much need hp's and are right there in the mix. It always makes you wonder if some else is not the cause as well. Could be financial issues, but could be some sort of politicking going in behind the scenes. Suzuki being the smallest manufacture and always have been, may have succumbed to pressure for outside forces.

It's almost like they don't want this many competitive teams in MotoGP. Really we are in a very special time with MotoGP. Every manufacture have the ability to win on any given Sunday. KTM have their tracks, Aprilia have made a huge step, Suzuki are more than capable of winning at several tracks and even bigger tracks. Yamaha with FQ are always a threat, and Ducati are the ones stacking things in their favor with all the bikes on the grid. Honda seems to be the weakest of the bunch at the moment.

Maybe Suzuki are looking to bow out of MotoGP and focus on more Superbike classes. Since those were the classes that brought Suzuki a lot of success. Suzuki dominated the AMA for years, and even had a stranglehold on WSBK during the Troy Corser years. Even their MotoGP success has always been there. Going way back to Kenny Roberts Jr. and then during the Vermulen and Hopkins days. They were certainly better than Kawasaki in many regards.

Unfortunately, MotoGP is following the way of Formula 1 and it really has too because MotoGP is the top for two wheels. But it is becoming more about money than ever before. I think you get more pure racing for the sake of racing in the Superbike categories of all regions.

It is a shame, because I'm a Suzuki guy through and through. If I ever threw a leg over another sportbike it would be some old Gixxer of days gone by. And it sucks to see my manufacture leave the most prestigious of sports.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

It's official they're leaving, that's crazy man I'm still in disbelief about it and damn shame honestly, this scamdemic definitely fucked a lot of shit up and keeps doing so. Hope they get back in soon but with the way MotoGP is going and being influenced by F1 and their absurd ways more and more by the day, it wouldn't surprise me if they become the same elitist and politically influenced crap. Guess enjoy this great era of racing while we can until it's ruined like everything else
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Rather boring race honestly, super rare mistake by Pecco who gave to Bastiannini under pressure and those 20 points would have been crucial for him too. Enea makes it 3 wins for the season and looks on course to take Miller's seat at this point from Martin, who was the favorite but he keeps finding ways to falter although he's shown great moments and can be there but he needs to get out his own head and let his skill do the talking. Disaster weekend for Suzuki, Rins was definitely very lucky to have walked away from that one and not get collected, few riders had off road excursion at that turn this weekend. Aleix and Aprilia's form continues, very happy to see them reaping the rewards of years of hard work. Definitely a shaken up weekend and we'll see how the season keeps developing. Great finish and a near podium for Cameron Beaubier in Moto2, he keeps showing great form and showing that paddock that he belongs there, can't wait for this dude to get his first podium/win and keep shutting euro mouths
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Rather boring race honestly, super rare mistake by Pecco who gave to Bastiannini under pressure and those 20 points would have been crucial for him too. Enea makes it 3 wins for the season and looks on course to take Miller's seat at this point from Martin, who was the favorite but he keeps finding ways to falter although he's shown great moments and can be there but he needs to get out his own head and let his skill do the talking. Disaster weekend for Suzuki, Rins was definitely very lucky to have walked away from that one and not get collected, few riders had off road excursion at that turn this weekend. Aleix and Aprilia's form continues, very happy to see them reaping the rewards of years of hard work. Definitely a shaken up weekend and we'll see how the season keeps developing. Great finish and a near podium for Cameron Beaubier in Moto2, he keeps showing great form and showing that paddock that he belongs there, can't wait for this dude to get his first podium/win and keep shutting euro mouths
    You know the race itself was rather o.k., but the crashes were spectacular and some of the passes were good. I think if Enea keeps his form, he's going to be the real deal for this season, and I can't see anyone beating him to the title. Which in my opinion, would be very cool to see happen. A satellite rider and a 3rd-tier team(Pramac is #2 team) take the title and show what can be done with the proper skillset, drive/ambition and team.

I don't think Miller will keep his seat and I'll be shocked if he does, especially if he can't start winning this season. He's there but in a way he's not. Bagnaia is faster and will only get faster, he just needs to clean up his riding and deal with the mistakes that he keeps making. Martin is basically Rins on a Ducati. Jorge Martin is fast and can be a real threat but he also can't seem to stay on the bike. 4 DNF's from six races is appalling. If he can't keep his act together, I'd see him get switched over to Enea's seat, with Miller taking Martin's seat at Pramac. And here's the funny thing about that, Martin is way faster than Miller in my opinion. He just can't seem to get it together. He's taken two poles already so we know he's fast, he just needs to finish races.

I think Bagnaia, Bastanini, Martin, Quartararo and a couple others are emerging as the new aliens. FQ is an alien just because he's doing things with the Yamaha that no one else can. I even think that Aleix is there, and that he's extracting every bit he can from the Aprilia. So it's awesome to see Aprilia do well.

KTM need to get it together and soon. They are always fast just having some reliability and setup issues at the moment.

If anyone is really sucking hind tit at the moment it's Honda. Marquez is doing what he can, but he's lost a step for sure. The bike is not his anymore and Pol is hit and miss with it as well. Nakagami sometimes finds something, then loses it and A. Marquez ain't anything to write home about.

The ones who have surprised me, I would have thought they would have improved by now are the VR46 Ducati's. Either they got some serious D-squad bikes to work with, or the two riders just ain't giving it their all.

AS for Moto2, I think Beaubier is there but if you consider the other guys who crashed out in front, then he's top 8. Which is a lot more than others on the grid but I think he's finding it hard to get on terms with the other guys. I like Cam, and I think for them it takes some growing pains. The ego has to be reset a bit before they really grow and turn into contenders. In MotoAmerica, he was used to smacking everyone on the grid and winning every race. And it's nothing against the riders in MotoAmerica, there are some good riders there but they're just not world class riders.

I've always said it, the WSBK and MotoGP categories are where the real competition begins. And it should be that way, these are the top levels of their classes and they should feature the best of the best, not some scrubs.

Just like Formula 1 or Indycar for the four wheel racers. They are the top of auto racing and everyone have dreams of making it to these levels. The lower levels of all racing, are where the hero's live, but it's at the top, there very pinnacle of racing(MotoGP/Formula1) where Legends are born.

And that's what I love about competition. It breeds greatness, it becomes the environment where only the best of the best live. Sure some might say, well those elite were given help along the way. Rossi, Hamilton, Verstappen, Marquez, Spies, Stoner and Lorenzo all had families that made sacrifices for them. But it's because they had that "it factor" about them. You can get all the help in the world but if you flat suck, then you end up like Karl Abraham and Nikita Mazepin. Both in their respective sports because of Daddy's money and not because of their talent. I've never liked pay-to-play athletes. You either have it, or you don't. Now I will agree, the talent can be developed but it takes a lot from within and digging deep to get there.

I have to say, both MotoGP and Formula 1 are looking really good this year, and I'm enjoying every race that has some on so far.

Queue the next races
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

WSBK - Race one was pretty dope, tons of great battles and mainly at the front, Bautista is killing it on that Ducati again and definitely found his old form, took it to Toprak and Rae on those last laps and made it for an incredible win, race two was even better cause Rae pulled that last lap pass which was gutsy as all fuck, one of the best I've seen honestly to steal the win from Bautista and keep the title race going, toprak dropped way back a few laps before the finish and just ran out of juice. A huge bummer that Gerloff couldn't participate after a strong start to the weekend due to a knee injury during FP3 which deemed him unfit for the rest of the weekend, a few others left pretty banged up as well and may not even be available for the next race weekend, hopefully Gerloff's injury won't keep him out for too long but VanDemark, Mahias and Otettl have pretty harsh injuries, guess VDM got operated right away on his injury. Speedy recovery to all riders.

MotoAmerica - Great first race honestly, they kept Petrucci in check as he seemed to be having issues with the Dunlop tires and grip, bike was sliding everywhere for him after about 6-7 laps and Yamaha swept the first race, the gap from the front runners to the back is pretty great, sure hope that in the upcoming years more privateer teams join with faster riders and keep improving the paddock to make this a bit more interesting and close but well as usual it all comes down to $$$$. Haven't seen the 2nd race yet for today as I refuse to pay the MotoAmerica pass, it's ridiculously expensive for such a short season and it's actually more than the WSBK pass which again I find absurd so I just wait for the re-run later in the day.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

WSBK - Race one was pretty dope, tons of great battles and mainly at the front, Bautista is killing it on that Ducati again and definitely found his old form, took it to Toprak and Rae on those last laps and made it for an incredible win, race two was even better cause Rae pulled that last lap pass which was gutsy as all fuck, one of the best I've seen honestly to steal the win from Bautista and keep the title race going, toprak dropped way back a few laps before the finish and just ran out of juice. A huge bummer that Gerloff couldn't participate after a strong start to the weekend due to a knee injury during FP3 which deemed him unfit for the rest of the weekend, a few others left pretty banged up as well and may not even be available for the next race weekend, hopefully Gerloff's injury won't keep him out for too long but VanDemark, Mahias and Otettl have pretty harsh injuries, guess VDM got operated right away on his injury. Speedy recovery to all riders.

MotoAmerica - Great first race honestly, they kept Petrucci in check as he seemed to be having issues with the Dunlop tires and grip, bike was sliding everywhere for him after about 6-7 laps and Yamaha swept the first race, the gap from the front runners to the back is pretty great, sure hope that in the upcoming years more privateer teams join with faster riders and keep improving the paddock to make this a bit more interesting and close but well as usual it all comes down to $$$$. Haven't seen the 2nd race yet for today as I refuse to pay the MotoAmerica pass, it's ridiculously expensive for such a short season and it's actually more than the WSBK pass which again I find absurd so I just wait for the re-run later in the day.
    I've been catching MotoAmerica on FS2 - 618 Direct TV and for sure they show the races way later. But hey it's better than paying for their Race Passes. I wish WSBK would be back on local TV as well, save for BSB. They used to run BSB on Eurosport but I haven't had Eurosport for years. WSBK says on their website they are being televised locally but I never can find the races. When I do a search on Direct TV nothing comes up for WSBK. Just MotoGP and MotoAmerica.

From what I saw Petrucci is coming to terms with the tires. He was all over Gagne at the beginning of the race and then faded along with having a run off. He will get to grips and be back at it. You can see his presence has helped to elevate everyone else. Cam Peterson and Stolz are finally catching up as well.

Formula 1 was a good race. Not much fanfare except Verstappen couldn't seem to get his DRS to open correctly. Red Bull's car is full of gremlins. Despite that, he did win and Checo came in 2nd. Leclerc DNF'd so that handed the lead over to Verstappen. Mercedes came in 3rd and 5th(Russell and Hamilton) but still some 30s and 50s back from Verstappen. Was nice watching them race in Catalunya(motogp track) and enjoy seeing people in 90 degree weather. Nice to see someone has good weather, considering it's Eff'ing snowing here in Colorado!!! Feels like December around here.

On to the next race
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

RNF signs with Aprilia for their satellite team starting 2023

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...aprilia/421979

Aleix and Maverick sign 2 year contracts with Aprilia

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...a-deals/421817

Lots of movement across the MotoGP championship, Yamaha going down in flames faster than I care to mention and there's no sign of them even wanting to stir things up as they lost their satellite team, only a matter of time before Fabio is announced at Ducati as now Suzuki is out of the question and also with Aprilia securing their riders for the next 2 seasons, it's the only sensible move as HRC is a shit show as well at the moment and Mir will most likely end up taking Pol's seat and there will be an opening (or two) at LCR with things not looking very secured with those two mainly with Rins being a very good option. Oliveira is also looking for a seat since his factory seat is pretty much in limbo at KTM and negotiations don't seem to be going well, he may jump to the new Aprilia satellite team. There's also talks of the current tech3 team leaving as they're rather frustrated but well it's their first year in a crazy competitive grid and with probably one of the shittiest bikes as well, so hard to succeed there. These next few weeks will be filled with crazy movement all over the paddock mainly after Suzuki dropped that bomb
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Marc to stop after Mugello for one more surgery on his arm again. I honestly see this kid retiring soon, these many surgeries in such a short time and crazy high sides, he's just asking to get messed up for life. 8 world titles, all the money in the world just doesn't make sense to keep risking when you've already achieved glory. Alberto Puig will be the end of this kid, horrible team manager
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

RNF signs with Aprilia for their satellite team starting 2023

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...aprilia/421979

Aleix and Maverick sign 2 year contracts with Aprilia

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...a-deals/421817

Lots of movement across the MotoGP championship, Yamaha going down in flames faster than I care to mention and there's no sign of them even wanting to stir things up as they lost their satellite team, only a matter of time before Fabio is announced at Ducati as now Suzuki is out of the question and also with Aprilia securing their riders for the next 2 seasons, it's the only sensible move as HRC is a shit show as well at the moment and Mir will most likely end up taking Pol's seat and there will be an opening (or two) at LCR with things not looking very secured with those two mainly with Rins being a very good option. Oliveira is also looking for a seat since his factory seat is pretty much in limbo at KTM and negotiations don't seem to be going well, he may jump to the new Aprilia satellite team. There's also talks of the current tech3 team leaving as they're rather frustrated but well it's their first year in a crazy competitive grid and with probably one of the shittiest bikes as well, so hard to succeed there. These next few weeks will be filled with crazy movement all over the paddock mainly after Suzuki dropped that bomb
    I'm a little surprised they re-signed Vinales. He has some o.k. results but really has his problems in qualifying. Just isn't on the same level as Espagaro. I think Aprilia is looking to the future, they have found some good data and have a formula that is working. I think that's why we saw them snatch Yamaha's satellite team away.

Yamaha really are having problems. Other that what FQ is doing, the rest of the Yammies are no where. They really took a wrong direction and it shows, to the point of it being embarrassing. I'm sure they are going to throw as much money as they can at FQ. But really, I'd leave for Ducati as well, if there were a seat open.

The only issue I can see with FQ not leaving is I believe Ducati already have Enea Bastanini moving up and Miller moving out. If Fabio can pull it off again this year and win the championship, might as well stay and milk Yamaha for all he can money wise. He will have back to back championships and no one can take that away. Fabio would really do best to stay with Yamaha and force them to finally upgrade the bike in order to keep him. I really do think that if Yamaha could find the straight line power Fabio wants and sort a few other things, this kid would be running away with the championship. Look how he stays with Pecco who is on a far superior Ducati, and at Mugello no less!! Mugello a huge horsepower track and Fabio made the difference.

KTM are doing fine they just need consistency. They need riders to stop crashing and starting giving a little bit more. Binder and Olivera are there at certain tracks but just lack the consistency needed. Keep in mind they have both won multiple races for KTM, so we know it's a bike that is fast. Now the Tech 3 bike is another story, that thing does look like a polished orange turd at times. But they have to get guys on those bikes that are hungry to ride and not just there because it's a paycheck.

I think 2023 could see the most movement in MotoGP in a long time.

Marc to stop after Mugello for one more surgery on his arm again. I honestly see this kid retiring soon, these many surgeries in such a short time and crazy high sides, he's just asking to get messed up for life. 8 world titles, all the money in the world just doesn't make sense to keep risking when you've already achieved glory. Alberto Puig will be the end of this kid, horrible team manager
    I think he's done. Unless he miraculously gets the arm to heal and can train it back to 2019 levels. I think Marquez will be thinking of early retirement. You can hear it in his voice, he's talking about things now that he never talked about before. Before it was all things MotoGP. Now, with the eye problems and his arm. He mentions things like, "I want to live a normal life", and that means he's looking long term and has been given a prognosis of you'll be able to live normal but probably never race at a level you're used too.

And it shows, he was already starting to lose a step in 2018 and 2019. Then 2020 rolled around, he got hurt and the rest of the field left him behind. Now he's back and the new aliens are freaking faster and more ruthless than him. He's getting a taste of some medicine that he gave Rossi 5-6 years ago. It always comes around, and he's getting it now.

He's also talking about his comeback for 2023 and that's a long time to come back. Season just started when you think about it, and he won't return until probably pre-season testing in 2023. He won't be at Novembers preseason test. He honestly could be looking at a full year of recover time. Really, that's how long it takes for the rest of us normal people. Yeah sure you break something and it heals in 8 weeks. But you really aren't yourself for many months after. I broke my wrist at 20, and was healed fairly quick but didn't really think I had all my strength and range of movement back until about 8-10 months went by. Arm had atrophied and I had to rebuild on what I lost.

Same goes for these guys, they just try to accelerate it with physio. That's all find and well, but you can't rush time and time heals all.

So the way I see it, is he gets his operation. Gets healed and is back in 2023, to see how he will be able to ride at full speed with a MotoGP bike. Yeah he can test all day on road bikes but he needs to see how a race goes and then several races after. I think 2023 will see him evaluate where he's at. If he's fit enough, he will fulfill his contract to 2024 and retire. If he knows he can't hang then we see him bounce a year early. And if things really go south and he doesn't recover well. Then we might see a 2023 announcement that he retires for good...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Not a bad race today. Kind of lack luster, was hoping to see a little more from Bagnaia. But he crashed in a very odd way and in such a slow manner. Least the chasing pack had some passing and changing. Vinales got screwed, have to say I felt bad for the guy. I think he was on for a podium and was finally turning the corner. Sucks when technology fails you in the worst moment.

The Formula1 race today was actually a good one. As much as I hate safety cars, they do bunch the field back up. Red Bull and Ferrari are in a league of their own. Mercedes has come back somewhat but if you consider the fact that with 15 laps to go, Verstappen and Sainz left Hamilton behind by 6+ seconds. If you average that over the 70 lap race and add in two pit stops, that's still 30+ seconds off the winner. They ain't back, they just get lucky with other driver's DNF's and grid penalties. Right now, Mercedes is is top 6. Alpine seems to give them a run for their money at times.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah that definitely was a very odd crash by Bagnaia, bike didn't even give him a warning and just went. Pretty incredible where he'd be in the championship if he would have stayed upright and also not being caught on those DNF's that were not his fault either. Definitely gutted for Maverick man, he's looking stronger and stronger every round on that Aprilia. Lots of market movement and rumors going around ever since Suzuki announced their withdrawal and also with RNF jumping on with Aprilia. I'm surprised Yamaha haven't announced a satellite team and bring in Rins or something like that to keep getting data and maybe using those guys as test mules for the new bike mainly if their plan is to truly develop (about fucking time ). Yamaha did say that they had hired a former Ferrari engineer to help them develop the engine and some other stuff but we'll see where that takes them. There are also rumors of BMW getting into the championship but haven't heard anything 100% yet, they do have the money but guess it will all lie on who rides the bike and the type of set up they'll bring in as I'm assuming they won't be running that I4 they run in WSBK or any of the other classes, it'll have to be a completely from the ground up engine/chassis build. Definitely interesting to see where Rins and Mir will end up after all as there is a lot of speculation but nothing concrete yet. Looking to be a good one in Assen, pretty good qualifying sessions this morning and it's looking to be another FQ/FB showdown. I think the MotoAmerica round is also this weekend at The Ridge in WA.

I honestly don't follow F1, I find it a very primadonna and just too much of an elitist sport. Sure miss the old days of raw racing and none of this being dependent on electronics and wimp rules that have made way for nothing but spoiled punks like Verstappen and Hamilton to be on the grid, drivers these days aren't pure like the old days but glad to hear is not the MB show anymore and seems like things are a bit more even, that was another thing that F1 became so damn boring when only one team and driver keeps winning without challenge, that's why I stopped following as well.

On non racing news, I can't believe the Avs dropped that game at home last night They could have had it at home but just fell into the Tampa Bay show but every time we would roll on the gas, those guys had nothing. Now they have to come here to try and win it but I foresee this going to a game 7 unfortunately, they gave TB hope and that's the worst thing they could have done as they came back from being down as well with the Rangers.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Just watched the MotoE race 1 and man that was insane shit, it's like a moto3 class type racing, super close and tons of battling.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Moto2 - Hell of a comeback for Cameron in Moto2 from 18th to 3rd, only to get his party wrecked by a knucklehead desperate move by Vietti with only a couple laps left, who of course wasn't penalized because he's a VR46 academy rider fighting for the championship. I'm sure if Cameron would have done that shit, they would have permabanned him back to the states, he was on course for a podium and a potential win as the pack was super close and had the pace as well. It's ridiculous to me that the stewardess didn't even blink at an eye at that garbage move by CV.

GP - Complete control from beginning to end from Pecco and an outstanding ride from Bezecchi to earn his first MotoGP podium. Very uncharacteristic move by Fabio this morning at T5 almost costing Aleix the race as well and then pitting and then going back out just to highside himself to the moon, that was just a very weird ordeal altogether and superbly out of character. Hell of a salvage ride by Aleix and that dive at the chicane on the inside on the last lap on Binder and Miller, that was a thing of beauty. Glad to see MV back to his ways and finding his way quickly on that Aprilia, they're definitely title contenders without a doubt, that bike works great at every track they're in, just a superb package they got going this year.

MotoAmerica - Great race yesterday, glad to see Jake Gagne back to winning ways although I will say talking about uncharacteristic, what is going on with Danilo Petrucci man? After the Q1 session was over, Max Flinders and Matthew Scholtz were at the practice start area and Danilo just came and plowed in between both of them hitting both their bikes, then he turned around, flipped them off and rode off, even Flinders and Scholtz raised their hands and looked around like "wtf just happened here...." Sucks to see Danilo losing his cool like that and acting like a child. Many riders locally look up to him and respect him having been in GP and all but man that type of behavior is just unacceptable. He did get some points taken off his license and also lost some grid spots but sure hope he cools his jets man and quits acting like a prima-donna.

Transfer news - So Gresini made an official announcement that Alex Marquez is to take Eneas spot which means Enea will take the factory seat next season most likely as Ducati will of course favor Italian riders over any other rider when it comes down to it, while I do like Jorge Martin and has shown moments of brilliance but not enough to earn that spot just yet if you ask me. These news sheds some light on the rest of the field which will most likely see Mir at HRC, Rins take Alex spot at LCR and Ogura from Moto2 will most likely replace Nakagami. I honestly don't know why Gresini didn't take Rins instead of Alex, he's a far better rider but who knows what pull Alzamora has inside Gresini to have been able to land that deal. There was also word of Rins maybe landing at RNF along with Fernandez but only rumors at this point. This market is still wide open
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Jun 26th, 2022 at 09:12 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

And the clown show F1 type fuckery starts in MotoGP... I was wondering when this nonsense would start happening. I can't believe they handed this bullshit penalty to Fabio man, that was just a simple race mistake that can happen to anyone, even the most experienced. I have never seen a penalty handed out for a first time offense like this, wow what a bullshit call if you ask me. If it was multiple times now and all and Fabio is a dirty rider that's one thing man but not a single foot wrong in years and I mean you can't even sneeze and now they're going to start handing out penalties for anything, it's ridiculous.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...penalty/428760
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

It was also cool to see all the GP legends (Raney, Doohan, Roberts, Schwantz) riding the 500cc bikes across the pond. That had to be such a treat to watch as a fan and just to see Rainey get that smile on his face man to be able to get on that beast again and have it rain with great memories.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Watching the WSBK race this morning and man sucks that Gerloff is literally nowhere to be found now, after that incident with Toprak last year and all the bullshit politics in Yamaha, it just fucked him up mentally. Just can't seem to find the form he used to have and his mental state just isn't there like it used to, would be a bummer to see him lose his seat out in WSBK and have another victim of bullshit politics like it happened to Gagne when he was in WSBK. Hope he can find something in the last half of the season so he can get back to top 5 if not podium positions.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sat Jul 16th, 2022 at 07:14 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

MotoGP - Rins signs with LCR Honda for the 22-23 seasons. Step down if you ask me, Ducati should have gone with Rins instead of Alex Marquez if you ask me but oh well. Honda needs some serious help right now mainly with how bad that bike is set up right now, hopefully Rins can help them find their way (if they're even willing to listen as HRC has their heads up their asses as usual). I'm sure the announcement for Mir will follow here very soon as well as the announcement for either Martin or Bastianini for the factory Ducati seat.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...ontract/429459

WSBK - Jonathan Rae signs with Kawasaki for 22-23 seasons as well, no brainer, nowhere else he can really go honestly

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/202...dSBK%20seasons
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

MotoGP - Rins signs with LCR Honda for the 22-23 seasons. Step down if you ask me, Ducati should have gone with Rins instead of Alex Marquez if you ask me but oh well. Honda needs some serious help right now mainly with how bad that bike is set up right now, hopefully Rins can help them find their way (if they're even willing to listen as HRC has their heads up their asses as usual). I'm sure the announcement for Mir will follow here very soon as well as the announcement for either Martin or Bastianini for the factory Ducati seat.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...ontract/429459

WSBK - Jonathan Rae signs with Kawasaki for 22-23 seasons as well, no brainer, nowhere else he can really go honestly

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/202...dSBK%20seasons
    Yeah I saw that Rins signed with LCR. Really no place for him to go though. Mir would at least command the Repsol seat just based on his previous championship. Don't think they will do as well as on the Suzuki, but never know. This could be the change that Honda need to get things back on track for them.

Rea had no where to go, and neither will Toprak. He's not going to come to MotoGP, there's no room. And he will be a couple years older by the time he does make it to MotoGP. I agree with a article from James Toseland about how it would be devastating to see a WSBK champion run in MotoGP and possibly come last. It would wreck WSBK, and label them as a second tier championship. When in reality it is world class level but with Superbikes. Let's hope things continue going well in WSBK. I'd like to see Rea win the title back, but I'd also like to see Bautista take the crown as well. Keeps the variety going in WSBK.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yeah I saw that Rins signed with LCR. Really no place for him to go though. Mir would at least command the Repsol seat just based on his previous championship. Don't think they will do as well as on the Suzuki, but never know. This could be the change that Honda need to get things back on track for them.

Rea had no where to go, and neither will Toprak. He's not going to come to MotoGP, there's no room. And he will be a couple years older by the time he does make it to MotoGP. I agree with a article from James Toseland about how it would be devastating to see a WSBK champion run in MotoGP and possibly come last. It would wreck WSBK, and label them as a second tier championship. When in reality it is world class level but with Superbikes. Let's hope things continue going well in WSBK. I'd like to see Rea win the title back, but I'd also like to see Bautista take the crown as well. Keeps the variety going in WSBK.
    Toprak won't get a factory seat in GP as he wants honestly and comparing tech specs from WSBK to MotoGP, they're night and day. They interviewed Iker Lecuona since he stepped down from GP and onto HRC to take Bautistas seat and he explained how much adjustment you need since you're technically in a beefed up street bike unlike GP that is all prototype plus power/weight/electronic differences are huge. Can't expect to have Rae or any of the other top riders come to GP and automatically contend, even their best times are still off about 5+ seconds from GP times and that in racing is a huge gap as we all know. Even Toprak said that after test riding the M1, that he simply can't ride it with his style, so that alone right there tells you that he won't be committed to a GP switch any time soon or ever for that matter, I see him retiring in WSBK same as Rae. The M1 isn't known for braking power and Toprak is one of if not the heaviest and late braking riders in the sport, even his current bike he rides over the limit on the brakes, you see that poor front end just groaning and twisting for its life. He would have the same issue that Dovi is having adjusting to the Yamaha as he also relies on heavy and late trail braking to get the most out of corner speeds by standing up quicker and getting on the gas earlier. If Bautista stays upright and just podiums for the rest of the season, he has it in the bag. Toprak and Rae are riding a little too on the limit this season and that makes them more prone to mistakes and crashes, Bautista has had a great and consistent season but pushed a little too much on race 1 at Donington Park this past weekend and that Ducati front end wasn't having it, Ducati has always struggled there anyways so he should have just settled for whatever points he could have salvaged but instead he DNF's and the point gap now is way down so it's anyone's championship at the moment. The level of WSBK is definitely very good, even some of the satellite teams are getting in the mix. BMW switched from a Suter swing arm to a Kalex a new swing arm and they made a huge step at Donington Park for sure and are in the mix, even Axel Bassani is threatning Rinaldi's Ducati factory seat given he's had great results all of last season and this season as well with a satellite bike/team. I foresee a lot of riders from GP/Moto2 stepping into WSBK this upcoming year, Dovi being one of them and may even see Danilo Petrucci in there too, don't see him hanging around MotoAmerica.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sat Jul 23rd, 2022 at 03:50 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1