Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 22' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Re: 22' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Toprak won't get a factory seat in GP as he wants honestly and comparing tech specs from WSBK to MotoGP, they're night and day. They interviewed Iker Lecuona since he stepped down from GP and onto HRC to take Bautistas seat and he explained how much adjustment you need since you're technically in a beefed up street bike unlike GP that is all prototype plus power/weight/electronic differences are huge. Can't expect to have Rae or any of the other top riders come to GP and automatically contend, even their best times are still off about 5+ seconds from GP times and that in racing is a huge gap as we all know. Even Toprak said that after test riding the M1, that he simply can't ride it with his style, so that alone right there tells you that he won't be committed to a GP switch any time soon or ever for that matter, I see him retiring in WSBK same as Rae. The M1 isn't known for braking power and Toprak is one of if not the heaviest and late braking riders in the sport, even his current bike he rides over the limit on the brakes, you see that poor front end just groaning and twisting for its life. He would have the same issue that Dovi is having adjusting to the Yamaha as he also relies on heavy and late trail braking to get the most out of corner speeds by standing up quicker and getting on the gas earlier. If Bautista stays upright and just podiums for the rest of the season, he has it in the bag. Toprak and Rae are riding a little too on the limit this season and that makes them more prone to mistakes and crashes, Bautista has had a great and consistent season but pushed a little too much on race 1 at Donington Park this past weekend and that Ducati front end wasn't having it, Ducati has always struggled there anyways so he should have just settled for whatever points he could have salvaged but instead he DNF's and the point gap now is way down so it's anyone's championship at the moment. The level of WSBK is definitely very good, even some of the satellite teams are getting in the mix. BMW switched from a Suter swing arm to a Kalex a new swing arm and they made a huge step at Donington Park for sure and are in the mix, even Axel Bassani is threatning Rinaldi's Ducati factory seat given he's had great results all of last season and this season as well with a satellite bike/team. I foresee a lot of riders from GP/Moto2 stepping into WSBK this upcoming year, Dovi being one of them and may even see Danilo Petrucci in there too, don't see him hanging around MotoAmerica.
    I had read somewhere that Petrucci is looking to move to WSBK. He lost the points lead here in MotoAmerica and I can see him doing a Loris Baz. As soon as he's offered a WSBK seat, they loose interest in MotoAmerica and start to prepare for WSBK.

I kind of think Dovi should hang it up. He's almost too big of a name to come over to WSBK and not have a factory bike. Can't see him riding around on privateer bikes, even if it does have factory support. Dovi contended for the MotoGP championship, he should be happy with his achievements and enjoy the rest that is yet to come in life. I can see why Baz, Lecuona and even Petrucci want to make it in WSBK. They are young enough and not the caliber of Dovi.

That being said, you look at it and Max Biaggi moved over after years of retirement and won. And that's as big of a name as you can get, other than Rossi. But again, Biaggi did it with a factory bike and team. Everyone is spoken for in WSBK in terms of factory rides. Which is not to say that ex-GP guys don't do well. Melandri had some success, Hayden kind of did. Spies did, but went reverse and came from WSBK to MotoGP.

So there is something to be said for the caliber of rider in WSBK vs. MotoGP. I think they are fairly equal and matched well in terms of talent. What separates them are the bikes. And you're right, when you've got a difference of 4 to 5 seconds per lap, that's an eternity in racing terms. That's close to getting lapped in a 30 lap race.

Now maybe a few years ago, WSBK was getting close to MotoGP in terms of innovation and speed. I think Sykes was the last champion before they started to impose cost limits and restrictions on what parts can be run on WSBK bikes. I remember back when Sykes won, his front forks were rumored to be around $200k+!! and that was the same for other parts as well. WSBK bikes at the time(circa 2013 and prior) were starting to run away with costs and materials.

What I think would really help out WSBK is getting their TV rights in line with MotoGP, so CNBC can show them. Sucks that I have to see highlights on YouTube but that's the way it is. I'm not paying for their subscription package, considering their stupid schedule. They start super early(usually in February) then take a month and a half off, have a few races in the springs and summer, and then take a month off again until late summer. I'm not paying for that sh*t, at least with MotoGP you get 19 races and even Formula 1 you get 23 races. But I can get all the practices, quali and races on ESPN. That's what I think has done WSBK in and has been their problem for years now. They lost the accessibility for their fans. Used to never miss a WSBK race on the old Speedvision channel.

That's what needs to come back, the old Speedvision. All racing, all the time. No stupid reality racing and mechanic shows, just straight up racing all the time. Formula 1, MotoGP, WSBK, the old AMA, World Rally, SCCA club racing, Le Mans racing, all motocross, NHRA drag racing etc. Even had cool whos like Card and Driver, Motor Week, Auto Week and etc. And then, like everything else in life, the powers that be.. f**ked it up with reality shows and trying to be edgy and cool. I'm all for informative mechanic shows that actually show you how to work on something. Or show you some interesting techniques for working on all sorts of motorcraft. I tune in to learn something, not follow whatever flavor of the month inbred is running their stuff all out and showing all the nonsense in between.

And you know what really started all the BS? Pinks! I hated that show! Speedvision was awesome in the mid to late 90's. Then they changed to Speed Channel and started running these dumbass reality shows and Pinks was one of the primary ones. That's when I knew it was all over. The NASCAR stuff started showing up more and more, which eventually pushed out the smaller stuff. Formula 1 and MotoGP could compete because of their world level rating. But smaller racing was shelved in favor NASCAR. And don't get me wrong, NASCAR is fine but keep it where it always has been and that's on your local networks so everyone can watch it. Speedvision was for everything else not NASCAR.

I don't know, just felt like ranting a bit. Maybe I'm just getting old.....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I had read somewhere that Petrucci is looking to move to WSBK. He lost the points lead here in MotoAmerica and I can see him doing a Loris Baz. As soon as he's offered a WSBK seat, they loose interest in MotoAmerica and start to prepare for WSBK.

I kind of think Dovi should hang it up. He's almost too big of a name to come over to WSBK and not have a factory bike. Can't see him riding around on privateer bikes, even if it does have factory support. Dovi contended for the MotoGP championship, he should be happy with his achievements and enjoy the rest that is yet to come in life. I can see why Baz, Lecuona and even Petrucci want to make it in WSBK. They are young enough and not the caliber of Dovi.

That being said, you look at it and Max Biaggi moved over after years of retirement and won. And that's as big of a name as you can get, other than Rossi. But again, Biaggi did it with a factory bike and team. Everyone is spoken for in WSBK in terms of factory rides. Which is not to say that ex-GP guys don't do well. Melandri had some success, Hayden kind of did. Spies did, but went reverse and came from WSBK to MotoGP.

So there is something to be said for the caliber of rider in WSBK vs. MotoGP. I think they are fairly equal and matched well in terms of talent. What separates them are the bikes. And you're right, when you've got a difference of 4 to 5 seconds per lap, that's an eternity in racing terms. That's close to getting lapped in a 30 lap race.

Now maybe a few years ago, WSBK was getting close to MotoGP in terms of innovation and speed. I think Sykes was the last champion before they started to impose cost limits and restrictions on what parts can be run on WSBK bikes. I remember back when Sykes won, his front forks were rumored to be around $200k+!! and that was the same for other parts as well. WSBK bikes at the time(circa 2013 and prior) were starting to run away with costs and materials.

What I think would really help out WSBK is getting their TV rights in line with MotoGP, so CNBC can show them. Sucks that I have to see highlights on YouTube but that's the way it is. I'm not paying for their subscription package, considering their stupid schedule. They start super early(usually in February) then take a month and a half off, have a few races in the springs and summer, and then take a month off again until late summer. I'm not paying for that sh*t, at least with MotoGP you get 19 races and even Formula 1 you get 23 races. But I can get all the practices, quali and races on ESPN. That's what I think has done WSBK in and has been their problem for years now. They lost the accessibility for their fans. Used to never miss a WSBK race on the old Speedvision channel.

That's what needs to come back, the old Speedvision. All racing, all the time. No stupid reality racing and mechanic shows, just straight up racing all the time. Formula 1, MotoGP, WSBK, the old AMA, World Rally, SCCA club racing, Le Mans racing, all motocross, NHRA drag racing etc. Even had cool whos like Card and Driver, Motor Week, Auto Week and etc. And then, like everything else in life, the powers that be.. f**ked it up with reality shows and trying to be edgy and cool. I'm all for informative mechanic shows that actually show you how to work on something. Or show you some interesting techniques for working on all sorts of motorcraft. I tune in to learn something, not follow whatever flavor of the month inbred is running their stuff all out and showing all the nonsense in between.

And you know what really started all the BS? Pinks! I hated that show! Speedvision was awesome in the mid to late 90's. Then they changed to Speed Channel and started running these dumbass reality shows and Pinks was one of the primary ones. That's when I knew it was all over. The NASCAR stuff started showing up more and more, which eventually pushed out the smaller stuff. Formula 1 and MotoGP could compete because of their world level rating. But smaller racing was shelved in favor NASCAR. And don't get me wrong, NASCAR is fine but keep it where it always has been and that's on your local networks so everyone can watch it. Speedvision was for everything else not NASCAR.

I don't know, just felt like ranting a bit. Maybe I'm just getting old.....
    I mean I'm definitely not questioning the ability of WSBK riders, that level is super high without a doubt, wish I had a percent of their talent, however just saying that I'm not sure they'd have success right off the bat like most people think going into a completely different bike set up from what they're used to, I'm sure eventually they'll adjust but with the ever changing ways of GP those that don't adjust and figure out quickly will definitely fail. Dovi has already said that he's not riding in GP next year and didn't really hint at any WSBK move or anything so good chance he may stay retired as well. F1 is starting to cripple both WSBK/MotoGP with their ridiculous rule and elitist movement, only a matter of time before the sport is ruined altogether just like F1 is now. Tried watching the race this morning and it's just so fucking boring man, I couldn't stay tuned for more than 10 minutes, miss the old days of good and raw racing, none of this DRS bullshit and hugely gapped teams, it's ridiculous. Let drivers skill do the talking, quit controlling the narrative with bullshit politics.

Oh man good ol' SpeedVision, that channel was the shit back when for sure, showed all kinds of great racing from all over. Yeah, that show pinks was whack as hell and all those other dumbass street racing shows that came after them, not a fan either. I did like watching the informational shows Saturday mornings when I was younger and was in auto class in high school but other than that yeah everything else they showed sucked
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Great scrap in between Rae, Bautista and Toprak at MOST, level of this championship is pretty crazy at the moment. Gerloff was on a killer pace and due for a great result on race 2 and isn't life grand, the rear tire decides to let go with half a lap to go... ever since Assen last year it has just been absolute shit luck in WSBK for this poor dude. There is rumor that the Bonovo BMW team is most likely to sign him for the next 2 seasons. Bonovo BMW announced yesterday that Laverty has become co-owner/rider coach of the team, which gives even further validity to the rumor but also with the leaps and bounds that BMW have made this season, we may hear of that signing after summer break and a change for Gerloff would probably do him well. Yamaha turned his back on him ever since Assen when douchebag Toprak cried about a simple race incident, meanwhile he has made plenty of dirty passes since that incident and specially this weekend at MOST but nobody bats an eye. Talented rider but definitely dirty and careless whenever it comes to his glory, almost took out Redding yesterday and also Rae in the Super pole race but race direction doesn't seem to give a shit. There is also talk that Gagne may end up back in WSBK, some teams keeping tabs on him and Yamaha of course being one of them. Be cool to see him back and actually get a proper shot at this class, given that his initial run with HRC when he replaced Hayden, HRC was absolute crap and had zero factory support. We'll see what happens after summer break,

They didn't air race 1 of Brainerd on cable yesterday so not sure what all happened but Petrucci definitely needs to deliver here if he wants that Factory seat at Aruba Ducati given Axel Bassani is having some great results on the satellite team, Rinaldi is starting to fade out and also plenty of BSB/SSP talent coming through the ranks.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Great scrap in between Rae, Bautista and Toprak at MOST, level of this championship is pretty crazy at the moment. Gerloff was on a killer pace and due for a great result on race 2 and isn't life grand, the rear tire decides to let go with half a lap to go... ever since Assen last year it has just been absolute shit luck in WSBK for this poor dude. There is rumor that the Bonovo BMW team is most likely to sign him for the next 2 seasons. Bonovo BMW announced yesterday that Laverty has become co-owner/rider coach of the team, which gives even further validity to the rumor but also with the leaps and bounds that BMW have made this season, we may hear of that signing after summer break and a change for Gerloff would probably do him well. Yamaha turned his back on him ever since Assen when douchebag Toprak cried about a simple race incident, meanwhile he has made plenty of dirty passes since that incident and specially this weekend at MOST but nobody bats an eye. Talented rider but definitely dirty and careless whenever it comes to his glory, almost took out Redding yesterday and also Rae in the Super pole race but race direction doesn't seem to give a shit. There is also talk that Gagne may end up back in WSBK, some teams keeping tabs on him and Yamaha of course being one of them. Be cool to see him back and actually get a proper shot at this class, given that his initial run with HRC when he replaced Hayden, HRC was absolute crap and had zero factory support. We'll see what happens after summer break,

They didn't air race 1 of Brainerd on cable yesterday so not sure what all happened but Petrucci definitely needs to deliver here if he wants that Factory seat at Aruba Ducati given Axel Bassani is having some great results on the satellite team, Rinaldi is starting to fade out and also plenty of BSB/SSP talent coming through the ranks.
    FS2 is trash. They never air the races when they are scheduled to run. It's either soccer or sports news that runs. I'm shocked that they ran Race 2 in its entirety.

I'm with you on Toprak, super talented and fast. No one can out brake the guy. Total demon on the brakes, but the guy is as dirty as they come. In terms of being a clean racer, he's sh*tty at best. He's got Sofoglu's mentality. Keenan was kind of a dirtbag at times back in WSS. When he tried to step up in WSBK, he got smacked and I think this is his way of getting back at the top guys is to have his protege do everyone dirty because he couldn't when he raced. Maybe that's just me looking way too into it but it sure seems that way.

Gagne back to WSBK would be cool, he's wicked fast and is at his peak. Would like to see him on a factory team bike. I don't think he's going to have the success he's having here in MotoAmerica. Even with Petrucci being there, I think Danillo is on a slower Ducati and not getting the support he needs. I think if Gagne gets back to WSBK he'll do like Gerloff or maybe better. I would think with his speed he could get top 6. To catch the top three or four he will need a factory bike that's perfect. Even then, Rea, Toprak, Bautista and Redding and blindingly fast. Even Lowes and Rinaldi have their moments.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Well, well, what do you know? MotoAmerica Attack Performance Yamaha team to Wild Card at Portimao later this year in WSBK, fuckin A

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/202...0at%20Portimao
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Andrea Dovizioso to retire from MotoGP after the San Marino GP, Crutchlow in for the remaining of the season.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...rino-gp/429649

Returning from the summer break with a bang, although this announcement was sort of expected given how his stint with Yamaha has gone and Dovi saying it himself that he didn't want to remain in the paddock if he wasn't competitive, however I expected him to stay till the end of the season. It would have been cool as hell to have seen him champion but bummer it never came to fruition. Wishing Dovi the best. Wonder if they'll give Toprak, Locatelli or another Yamaha rider a crack at the bike in the remainder of the races, guess we'll see... It should be a good one in Silverstone this weekend, glad they're back now that WSBK is on summer break
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Just finished watching the press conference and towards the end, someone from the media asked Pecco that if because what had happened in Ibiza, if he was handed a penalty from FIM/Ducati if he would be okay with it just like it has happened in other sports... Oh man that shit opened a can of worms and Jack Miller jumped to his defense and pretty much told that media person to STFU and quit spreading manure and negativity. Yeah sure not the most optimal decision by Pecco, however what is he supposed to do? Beg for forgiveness and just punish himself to the end of days to make the media happy? Good lord man, this cancel culture bullshit is getting ridiculous, people make mistakes, get over it. I mean just like in F1 how the race director of last season had to step down because he was getting death threats over the restart at the end of the Abu Dhabi race which gave Verstappen the title... I mean fucking serious? Death threats? Now you have these media bozos like hyenas trying to reach out for any type of confrontation and turmoil just to get headlines and ratings, it's ridiculous. I foresee MotoGP turning into the next F1 clown show, it's already started. The media these days is absolute garbage
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Well, well, what do you know? MotoAmerica Attack Performance Yamaha team to Wild Card at Portimao later this year in WSBK, fuckin A

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/202...0at%20Portimao
    Well good for him, big hopes he does well.

Andrea Dovizioso to retire from MotoGP after the San Marino GP, Crutchlow in for the remaining of the season.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...rino-gp/429649

Returning from the summer break with a bang, although this announcement was sort of expected given how his stint with Yamaha has gone and Dovi saying it himself that he didn't want to remain in the paddock if he wasn't competitive, however I expected him to stay till the end of the season. It would have been cool as hell to have seen him champion but bummer it never came to fruition. Wishing Dovi the best. Wonder if they'll give Toprak, Locatelli or another Yamaha rider a crack at the bike in the remainder of the races, guess we'll see... It should be a good one in Silverstone this weekend, glad they're back now that WSBK is on summer break
    Writing was on the wall and he just wasn't motivated. Looked like Rossi did in his last season. Ride around, say goodbye to everyone and then retires. I agree, figured he'd stay to the end just to get the cash. Oh well, sometimes no matter the money, it just doesn't compare to the BS you have to deal with.

Just finished watching the press conference and towards the end, someone from the media asked Pecco that if because what had happened in Ibiza, if he was handed a penalty from FIM/Ducati if he would be okay with it just like it has happened in other sports... Oh man that shit opened a can of worms and Jack Miller jumped to his defense and pretty much told that media person to STFU and quit spreading manure and negativity. Yeah sure not the most optimal decision by Pecco, however what is he supposed to do? Beg for forgiveness and just punish himself to the end of days to make the media happy? Good lord man, this cancel culture bullshit is getting ridiculous, people make mistakes, get over it. I mean just like in F1 how the race director of last season had to step down because he was getting death threats over the restart at the end of the Abu Dhabi race which gave Verstappen the title... I mean fucking serious? Death threats? Now you have these media bozos like hyenas trying to reach out for any type of confrontation and turmoil just to get headlines and ratings, it's ridiculous. I foresee MotoGP turning into the next F1 clown show, it's already started. The media these days is absolute garbage
    Yep I agree, fan the flames of something, try to get a reaction or create a story.

Michael Masi did nothing wrong in my eyes. His only mistake was not allowing all the lapped cars to un-lap themselves. However, he couldn't because not only was it in the rules but the teams all agreed to not finish races under a safety car. So ultimately what should have happened, is he lets them all un-lap themselves and then added another lap or two to the race in order to finish under green.

Still wouldn't have mattered though, Verstappen took a free pit for fresh softs. Hamilton had every opportunity to pit for a set of new tires but they(Mercedes) was worried about track position. The Red Bull was faster on softs and Mercedes knew it. That's what everyone that was watching could see. Mercedes had every option to pit but blew it in order to keep track position. That's life, don't pit for fresh rubber, then don't be upset when an equally fast car has a fresh set and smokes you in the process.

In my opinion the Championship went to the right driver. Verstappen had a monster year, led most laps(more laps than the whole Formula 1 paddock combined), had most wins, several poles. He had a champions year. Hamilton did well but he wasn't in Verstappen's league. Had Verstappen not suffered the blown tire at Baku, and the two Mercedes caused crashes at Silverstone and Hungary. Then Hamilton would have been around 30 points adrift. The fact that the championship came down to the wire should have been enough for Hamilton. He's the luckiest driver I've ever seen and he should have been thanking his stars that he even had a chance. He literally didn't hold a candle to Verstappen last year.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Pretty good race at Silverstone, really thought that Rins was going to break away man but at least he didn't crash this time as he usually manages to. Maverick almost had it but got a little too out of shape at the end there. Definitely a bummer for Aleix after that insane high side yesterday but given the situation it was a hell of a salvage job and the fact that Fabio couldn't get shit going, it also helped. Yamaha need to realize that unless they're at the front, they aren't dick but who knows what other bullshit excuses they'll have for 2023/2024 to remain with the same package, I'm sure the whole bringing in a Ferrari engineer was nothing but to blow smoke up Fabio's ass to get him to re-sign. At least the other manufacturers can pick up places midpack but Yamaha goes backwards, even without the long lap penalty, he didn't have the pace as I'm sure that his front tire pressure was skyrocketing without that air flow.

Damn bummer for Cameron man, always right there and showing what he can do but if it's not a technical issue, it's a crash that hinders his progress in that class. Hope they can find that step they're missing to fight at the front. Joe Roberts as well finds moments of brilliance but just also finds ways to stumble.
    Last edited by madvlad; Sun Aug 7th, 2022 at 07:22 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Pretty good race at Silverstone, really thought that Rins was going to break away man but at least he didn't crash this time as he usually manages to. Maverick almost had it but got a little too out of shape at the end there. Definitely a bummer for Aleix after that insane high side yesterday but given the situation it was a hell of a salvage job and the fact that Fabio couldn't get shit going, it also helped. Yamaha need to realize that unless they're at the front, they aren't dick but who knows what other bullshit excuses they'll have for 2023/2024 to remain with the same package, I'm sure the whole bringing in a Ferrari engineer was nothing but to blow smoke up Fabio's ass to get him to re-sign. At least the other manufacturers can pick up places midpack but Yamaha goes backwards, even without the long lap penalty, he didn't have the pace as I'm sure that his front tire pressure was skyrocketing without that air flow.

Damn bummer for Cameron man, always right there and showing what he can do but if it's not a technical issue, it's a crash that hinders his progress in that class. Hope they can find that step they're missing to fight at the front. Joe Roberts as well finds moments of brilliance but just also finds ways to stumble.
    Was a weird race, everyone very close until the very end. Rins looked good but faded. Pecco is coming back and if he can keep it together and keep winning. He's got a shot at the title.

What is somewhat confusing is the whole airflow thing that keeps overheating the tires. Bikes aren't exactly super aero-dynamic(i.e. generating tons of downforce) and the design means tires are in open air for the most part. It's just strange that in this day and age the bikes are suffering from tire pressure problems similar to those of Formula 1 just a couple years ago. Cars couldn't follow because of the dirty air and the heat that would generate. I get it with Formula 1. We are talking much larger vehicles, with tons of downforce. So I can see how the whole "dirty" air theory factors in. It's been evident with this year's 2022 cars and the ground effects. Formula 1 basically eliminated the issue of over heating tires when cars are following each other, which in turn has provided more passing and better racing. The whole "porpoising" issue for 2022 is a manufacture problem. Some teams have fixed it, while Mercedes still seem to be bothered by it. But I agree with Christian Horner from Red Bull. It's a team/manufacture issue and should be fixed by them, not have the rules changed by the FIA to benefit one manufacture.

I think Yamaha's problem is when they get in a group of other bikes, they just don't have the power to get out. Could be a tire pressure issue, but I think it's a "not having enough HP's" issue. Vinales didn't seem to have a problem passing people, neither do some of the other riders. I know it's been mentioned that passing in MotoGP is almost impossible now because of the winglets. Well they can't have it both ways, either drop the wings and lose front end stability but have better racing and passing, or keep the wings and just live with not passing.

I just find it hard to believe that MotoGP bikes are having problems with turbulent air the way Formula 1 cars do. There's just not enough mass, downforce, tires and other factors present for bikes to have the problems cars do. Or I could be very wrong and they are having pressure problems. Which again points the finger back at my favorite tire producer to pile on and that's Michelin. I've felt that ever since they joined MotoGP tire performance has taken a step back, rather than moved forward. Bridgestone never suffered pressure issues the way Michelin has, and I think it's telling that Michelin continue to produce tires that have problems.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...or-2023/432828

Bastianini confirmed as Jack Miller's replacement. I'm sure the move from Martin on Miller and losing the front at T1 was all that the Ducati head honchos needed to see to make their decision. Martin has potential but man he really needs to get out of his head sometimes. That opens one more seat, definitely interesting to see what the final seat announcements for the remaining seats will be.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

And the team music chair carousel starts moving leaving only a few seats open TBA

Mir confirmed for 2 years at HRC
    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...ontract/432866

Fernandez and Oliveira confirmed at RNF Aprilia for 2023
    https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...or-2023/432890
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...l-split/432937

Guess that Marquez name train doesn't give out that much $$$ anymore now with Marc having one foot into retirement already pretty much so Alzamora jumped ship Honestly him and Puig have been bad juju for Marc in these past few years, those two have the ego of 200 people packed into two people and not to look bad or putting work ahead of their riders well being, they pushed this poor kid into things he should have never done that now may cost him his career at a very early age, although of course not that he has much more or if anything else to prove really, even his grandfather said so and wants him to hang it up. We'll see how he bounces back from this final surgery and if we will see him into retirement or keep going with either HRC or another manufacturer at some point.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/...l-split/432937

Guess that Marquez name train doesn't give out that much $$$ anymore now with Marc having one foot into retirement already pretty much so Alzamora jumped ship Honestly him and Puig have been bad juju for Marc in these past few years, those two have the ego of 200 people packed into two people and not to look bad or putting work ahead of their riders well being, they pushed this poor kid into things he should have never done that now may cost him his career at a very early age, although of course not that he has much more or if anything else to prove really, even his grandfather said so and wants him to hang it up. We'll see how he bounces back from this final surgery and if we will see him into retirement or keep going with either HRC or another manufacturer at some point.
    They said this week that he will be present for the Misano test this week. Not sure how will go, but I think it's more of a shakedown than anything else for Marquez. If he does well enough and can handle the bike for a few laps, then they will begin to prepare for him to race in Aragon.

I still think that's way to early considering the operation, the bone was 34 degrees off, and the fact that it's the fourth time he was opened up. If it were me, I'd say let him rest the rest of September and October, maybe let him run this test in Misano just to see how things are healing. And then think of having him do the final race in Valencia. After he can participate in the season end test for next year. This season is lost for him and Honda, might as well lose the rest of it and give him as much rest as possible.

You know Honda though, they are getting their teeth kicked in so they are anxious to have him back on the bike and at least making a show. Honda is a business after all and they know they have money just sitting at home and not out winning races for them.

Although, I think this is the beginning of the end for Marquez. The goalposts have moved and everyone with them. Even if Honda make a good bike next year, he's going to have to contend with Fabio, Pecco and Enea. On top of A. Espargaro and possibly Vinales coming back into form. Not to mention Mir, he may get on just fine with the Honda and that's a whole other can of worms.

Marquez isn't the fastest anymore, he's certainly still one of the best. But he can't rely on his sheer speed, he doesn't have it. He doesn't have the old Rossi, and a Lorenzo on his way out and Pedrosa at the end of his career to race against. He's got these new young guns and they are looking to crush him when he throws a leg over the bike next year.

Who I think will be the honest threat next year will be Bagnaia and Bastianini. Both of those maniacs on a Ducati and if next year's Ducati is better. The whole paddock will have to play catchup. Fabio will be there if Yamaha can find him some power(yeah right). And then Mir will be looking to prove that he can ride the Honda.

P.S.
    in Formula 1 news, Verstappen is looking unstoppable. He's on his way to his 2nd crown. It's a matter of when, not if now.
    Marquez has a good 4 or 5 riders in front of him and that are faster than him.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Sep 4th, 2022 at 02:56 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

More riders on the move, Gardner to GRT Yamaha to replace Gerloff, Gerloff is off to Bonovo to team up with Baz as Laverty has moved into a team ownership role within Bonovo. Mooney VR46 riders stay one more year and Cameron Baubier is coming back to MA to ride for BMW next year, he's done in the big stage and American Racing team has respected his decision. He is also about to be 30 or 31 so age alone regardless of performances wouldn't have given him a shot at MotoGP at all, so he figured he'd spend his last stint of racing years back here, can't blame the guy.

Yamaha seem to finally be waking up from their bullshit nap and finally got to work, looks like the Misano test proved to be rather fruitful for them finally and somehow they were able to squeeze more performance without risking smoothness on that dinosaur M1 engine. Although there are talks and hints about them possibly developing a V4 engine in the near future as the project lead indirectly mentioned that they're pretty much at near optimum performance from that platform (as if it wasn't obvious given their riders get taken to gapplebees in the straightaways ) but looking promising.

That rivalry in WSBK in between Rae and Bautista just got crazy man, that bad move from Rae just turned that relationship sour and will say that Rae did get way too ambitious on that one but given they've all been riding pretty aggressive and with a lot of contact, it was only a matter of time someone paid the price. I'm all for close racing but yeah riding like that will have its consequences.
    Last edited by madvlad; Thu Sep 15th, 2022 at 11:58 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

More riders on the move, Gardner to GRT Yamaha to replace Gerloff, Gerloff is off to Bonovo to team up with Baz as Laverty has moved into a team ownership role within Bonovo. Mooney VR46 riders stay one more year and Cameron Baubier is coming back to MA to ride for BMW next year, he's done in the big stage and American Racing team has respected his decision. He is also about to be 30 or 31 so age alone regardless of performances wouldn't have given him a shot at MotoGP at all, so he figured he'd spend his last stint of racing years back here, can't blame the guy.

I just saw this news the other day. Can't blame him either, he wasn't achieving the results he wanted. I'm sure it was tough in Moto2. That's such a strong category and the racers are ruthless there. All striving to make it into MotoGP at some point. And with news of Toprak wanting to come over to MotoGP, I couldn't see Beaubier getting there before Torpak. So it is what it is, and MotoAmerica will probably be better off for it. Have another competitive rider in the lineup will help. As fun as MotoAmerica is, it's boring with Gagne clearing off at the front. Either he's that good or everyone else are just on turds. I think it's a bit of both, he's that good and the rest of the field don't have the bike to compete. Rumor is Petrucci will leave for WSBK anyway at the end of the season. So that leaves a spot open to be filled once again.

Yamaha seem to finally be waking up from their bullshit nap and finally got to work, looks like the Misano test proved to be rather fruitful for them finally and somehow they were able to squeeze more performance without risking smoothness on that dinosaur M1 engine. Although there are talks and hints about them possibly developing a V4 engine in the near future as the project lead indirectly mentioned that they're pretty much at near optimum performance from that platform (as if it wasn't obvious given their riders get taken to gapplebees in the straightaways ) but looking promising.

I just think it's a little too late for Yamaha though. It's sad as well, because this is what Rossi and Vinales were constantly asking for and their words fell on def ears. Yamaha have become a bit of a disappointment in MotoGP. Once Fabio leaves, and he will. They will be at the back and fighting for top 10's.

That rivalry in WSBK in between Rae and Bautista just got crazy man, that bad move from Rae just turned that relationship sour and will say that Rae did get way too ambitious on that one but given they've all been riding pretty aggressive and with a lot of contact, it was only a matter of time someone paid the price. I'm all for close racing but yeah riding like that will have its consequences.
    What is sad, is that it didn't have too. Rea I think is feeling the heat from both Bautista and Toprak. He has such a rivalry with Toprak that he allowed it to jeapordize Bautista and affect the championship. I think if Bautista loses the championship this year, he can blame Rea on more than one occasion for it. Rea is still fast, but he's looking at not being champion again for a second year in a row and that's pissing him off.

Look how salty Hamilton is in Formula 1. Everyone else have recognized that Verstappen is just in a class of his own this season, but salty ass Hamilton is putting it down to the car and Helmut Marko's design. Didn't Hamilton get ticked off when everyone said it was the car and not him? Yet, he's doing the exact same thing that he blamed everyone else for.

This is what happens to guy's that have been at the top for way too long. They are used to dominating and winning all the time. They are used to taking all the spoils and getting all of the adoration from their fans, teams and FIM/FIA personnel. Then when they get knocked off their high horse and start to lose, they realize they ain't the best thing since sliced bread anymore and someone else is the new flavor.

I think we see that with Rea. Which is sad, because he's an exceptional rider. He's always fast and always consistent. Problem is, he felt into not having much competition for a couple years and it went to his head. Then Toprak and Bautista show up and he's having some issues.

Same thing with Hamilton. When the 2022 Mercedes car was a total turd at the beginning of the season and he was struggling to even get passed a HAAS during races and then most of the time fighting off McLaren and Alpine. I think the reality started to set in for Hamilton that yes, it has been the car all these years. He's had the best car by a country mile for a long time and it was masking his rather mediocre driving abilities. Unless Hamilton can blast past another driver down the straights, he's a less than satisfactory driver in terms of dog fights. There are other drivers that are way better at dog fighting and he knows this.

I'm really satisfied with seeing Mercedes struggle so much this season. It's an absolute delight to see their anguish during the races.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Congrats to Bagnaia as the new 2022 MotoGP Champion. Only WSBK is left to decide and we can call it a season.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Yeah that was a tall order for FQ to fill man, did what he could but Ducati just has numbers and insane R&R money behind that package, if they wouldn't have been champions this year, I'm sure that money would have been cut back and heads would have rolled. Ducati rolled the competition across nearly all classes this year, Bautista will most likely clinch this upcoming round and that'll be the cherry on top. The test on Tuesday should give us a much better feel about how the 2023 season will build although it'll be much different than now with the new format so more chances for mistakes, injuries, mechanical problems, etc... 2023 will be interesting to say the least and mainly with Suzuki no longer on the paddock. Rins really told Suzuki to fuck themselves with those two wins haha, fucking brilliant!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Yeah that was a tall order for FQ to fill man, did what he could but Ducati just has numbers and insane R&R money behind that package, if they wouldn't have been champions this year, I'm sure that money would have been cut back and heads would have rolled. Ducati rolled the competition across nearly all classes this year, Bautista will most likely clinch this upcoming round and that'll be the cherry on top. The test on Tuesday should give us a much better feel about how the 2023 season will build although it'll be much different than now with the new format so more chances for mistakes, injuries, mechanical problems, etc... 2023 will be interesting to say the least and mainly with Suzuki no longer on the paddock. Rins really told Suzuki to fuck themselves with those two wins haha, fucking brilliant!
    He really did, and I think Suzuki leaving will come back to bite them. They blew it by leaving and in a sense burned a bridge. I could understand if they flat out sucked and just not getting the results. But they were champions two years ago, and have been winning races every year they have been back, so I don't know what their problem is. It's sad because I'm a Suzuki guy at heart and always will be, but feel let down with them leaving.

Best to leave on a high winning races. Maybe, just maybe that will give them food for thought for the future. Who knows, we may get them to return in the future. We need as many bikes as possible, if not I agree with you. It's going to be the "Ducati Cup" for the rest of our days.

Love to see Kawasaki, BMW and even MV Agusta come back into MotoGP.

As good as it has been in recent years and the racing and talent is super high. I'd honestly like to see it go back to the days of the 990's(or even 500's) in terms of manufactures. We had so many bikes on the grid and so many different ways to make a bike. It really was a special time, and I think it laid the ground work of where we are today. Sometimes it's good to revisit old ways and techniques, they obviously worked for a reason. I'd love to see the tire wars come back, and have Bridgestone, Michelin, Dunlap and Pirelli on the grid as well.

But the problem with all that is this f**kin Go Green mindset everyone has, no one wants to have all the extra added things to account for. Look at Formula 1, going completely "zero emissions" by 2030. You know what that means? More cheesy ass E-cars and zero fun factor.

I'll probably check out of racing altogether by that point. One can't enjoy any kind of racing where it's at its ultimate pinnacle without some pansy ass tree-hugger getting involved with it. And I'm all for energy conservation, finding new ways of water resource availability and reuse of water instead of to extinction. Using new ways of gaining energy to include clean coal, gas, hydro electric, solar and wind generation. I'm all for conserving our national forests(to a point). I'm for energy independence for the USA. I'm all for good ideas in that sort of arena. What I'm not for, is that kind of mindset dicking with racing at it's highest level. I want the excess, I want the loud screaming V10's, the multiple tire manufactures there and just the enormity of it all. I want all that in Formula 1 and MotoGP.

Leave that corny green sh*t for the feeder classes.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"