Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: 23' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Re: 23' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Looks like MM's visa has been sorted finally, however many other team members and riders are still in limbo and they're less than 48 hours away from practice sessions, what a shit show...

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...n-gp-organiser
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

BMW confirms Redding for Bonovo BMW replacing Loris Baz. Also BMW confirms full factory support for all 4 riders to create an equal competitive environment. This is great news for Gerloff for sure, hopefully it'll help him keep carrying his great momentum with BMW. Up yours Dosoli!

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...mark-for-2024/
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Another weekend full of racing is upon us!!!! MotoGP round is A-GO in India, they finally figured out the visa/permits shit show and everything is underway. Also WSBK visits Aragon to start round 10 of 12. MotoAmerica visits NJMP to conclude their 2023 season as well. Racing action coming closer and closer to and end unfortunately so we got to enjoy it while we got it!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Just a quick recap of the weekend, unfortunately missed some racing because I was at Hard Rock stadium watching the Broncos get their asses handed by the Dolphins , God that was punishment as a fan but well the fins fans around us were rather graceful to be honest, I was expecting much different since people out here in FL are special... and not in a good way. Will be catching up on some of the missed races today before I fly back to St Pete

Anywaaaaaay , starting with MotoGP, well the pressure and injuries woes are starting to get to Pecco and the gap is insanely close after the crash yesterday, an absolute masterpiece of dominance by Bezzechi who hit the ground running at India and even after almost being taken out by Marini, he recovered superbly during the sprint race. Great ride by Martin as well although he was being a little dangerous there at the end, however at this time I didn't know that he was having some pretty serious heat exhaustion/dehydration, they had to carry him to parc ferme cause he could hardly walk. The highlight truly was the top 10 finish by Mir and the podium by Yamaha, no tows and no help and they actually managed a damn decent result, could it just be the track layout helped them? Maybe they did make up a bit of ground or a bit of both? Who knows. I'm sure the announcement of Marquez going to Ducati is coming in Japan, it almost seems imminent now. IF that happens this will most likely see Lecuona come up to take his seat and Rinaldi to take one of the HRC seats at WSBK, it is all in his hands now. Good podium by Joe Robers in Moto2 as well and not a bad ride by SDK at MV finishing ahead of his old teammate at American Racing. Onto Japan for this upcoming weekend!

WSBK - Much of the same old really with Rae and Toprak battling it out and in race 1 Bautista crashed out twice which also saw Rinaldi managing his tires and attacking at the right time to take the win for race 1, the dude has potential but I don't think he sees it with how overshadowed he is at Ducati by Bautistas success. Oddly enough he wins here again just like when he did with the GoEleven Ducati team for his maiden SBK win. Gerloff didn't find himself in such a bad place, however the starts keep killing this guy and he finds pace way too late in the race in which he manages to climb back up to where he started or maybe a position or two up. Still has placed top BMW for the last few rounds and he's making progress but man if he could be just a little more aggressive and assertive at the starts, he wouldn't have to claw his way back up so much and waste time in mid pack. In race 2 it was utter dominance by Bautista, he got his shit together and went back to his ways. The highlight of that race was Locatelli taking it to Rae, Toprak and Bautista for a while before the engine on that Yamaha taking a shit and causing him to DNF, definitely one of the more outstanding races from him, nice clean and assertive riding from that kid, very impressive honestly. Back to back weekend racing for WSBK as well as they head to Portugal for the penultimate round of the season.

I did not catch any of the MotoAmerica races unfortunately but will be doing so in their youtube channel so make sure to tune in and watch the replays of all classes!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a great week ahead, ride safe friends!
    Last edited by madvlad; Mon Sep 25th, 2023 at 07:18 AM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

MotoGP race weekend was rather uneventful honestly, just same old Ducati domination and Martin closing in on the title chase as he finds himself in the strongest point possible. Japanese GP was red flagged and called after 12 laps as torrential rain kept falling without any sign of letting up.

Now, the REAL action was at WSBK today in race 2 at Portimao, Holy shit man if you haven't seen that race, you need to find a way to see it. 32 lead changes in between Bautista and Toprak that literally went down to the wire but unfortunately Toprak was left like a sitting duck due to the insane power delivery of that V4 Ducati but nice to see Bautista actually have to try and win a race and just not get away with it as he usually does. A great weekend for Gerloff, he keeps gaining momentum with BMW and was as close as he's been to the podium, if he was able to get past the mid pack battle a little earlier in the race, he could have probably challenged Rinaldi for that 3rd spot and both Gerloff and Rinaldi didn't finish that far off the front runners either so that's gotta be a huge boost of confidence for both riders.

Off for a few weeks before MotoGP heads to Mandalika and WSBK finishes their season at Jerez. Hopefully we'll be able to see Gerloff on the podium before season end. Have a great week everyone! Go Broncos!!! Can't believe we actually won that one
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

The final line up of the rider market is taking shape, MM and HRC part ways mutually after 2023 and although nothing has been announced but he will most likely ride with alongside his brother at Gresini, I'm sure Ducati and MM are working on a better package than what is already offered to make him as competitive as possible to go for that title run and maybe money as he's leaving nearly 15m euros on the table leaving HRC. Pol Espargaro makes way for Pedro Acosta at Tech 3 GAS GAS KTM which is only right, the rumor initially was that Miller or Fernandez were going to have to vacate their spots which would have made KTM into a garbage company if they did that, the fact they couldn't even let Pol finish his contract out says a lot already and riders moving forward may start avoiding them like they're doing HRC now as they're a bit of the same, cutthroat. This leaves just the HRC seat open out of all remaining seats. My guess is that Rinaldi will take the Honda seat at WSBK promoting Lecuona at LCR Honda and this gives way to Zarco to take over MM's seat. Unless something more drastic happens and HRC has someone else in mind for that seat, this is the most likely outcome. We will see in the next few weeks what final announcements are made to wrap up the musical chairs finally.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Crazy race weekend at Mandalika, sprint race saw Martin win it and lead the championship going into Sunday after a blunder of a Q1 for Pecco. Now, come race day today Martin opted for a soft front tire (beyond me why ANYONE would do such a stupid ass thing considering the factors, new surface, heat and long race distance) so that ended up in disaster for him losing the front end about half way through the race and gifting Pecco the win. Maverick had a solid weekend, he had tire issues as well yesterday during the sprint which say him drop to 4th and then today he narrowly escaped with 2nd place as surprisingly Quartararo was on his ass for the last few laps of the race but with that underpowered Yamaha and not having enough grunt/grip out of the corners it was impossible for him to pass Maverick. Shit weekend for Brad Binder, some very questionable moves from him today, hopefully it won't be a regular thing now. Usual HRC issues, no front end warnings and MM DNF's both races, Mir also crashed. Pecco is now back up with a semi-comfortable margin and with the weather being less than favorable at Phillip Island next weekend, it will be survival of the fittest in the final stretch of the championship. Onto the next one!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

MotoGP race got moved to today due to possible dangerous high wind gusts and overall dangerous conditions in the afternoon for Sunday, regular races for Moto3 and 2 have been moved earlier by an hour and the Tissot Sprint race is the last race of the day IF weather permits. The main race was nothing short of amazing, plenty of battles and an absolute shocking last lap. Glad to see Zarco finally win a MotoGP race after all his years in the GP paddock now and also Diggia with his first MotoGP podium and showing that he belongs in the GP paddock. I am superbly impressed at how long Jorge Martin was able to keep that soft rear tire working but the timing of when it dropped at the last lap was very bad and dropped him to 5th at the finish line from leading the entire race, tire didn't hold on for one more lap for him and surrendered huge points to Pecco along with the ones from last week after his crash at Mandalika. Martin may be able to claw some points back in the sprint race (IF weather holds out and actually happens) since his initial pace and launches have been nothing short of spectacular. Do yourself a favor and watch this race if you can download it or have the pass or even the replay on NBC or wherever they may air it on cable, worth the sit down to watch that shit .

Hoping for a good Moto2 and 3 race as well, Joe Roberts will start from 4th on the grid and seems to have great pace to perhaps podium and that Moto3 title race keeps getting closer and closer as well as all the contenders are struggling in their own ways each round. We'll see how it turns out!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1