Thread: 23' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 23' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

I'm still around, just been busy studying and doing some other shit but yeah man it'll be interesting to see on Tuesday what the feedback is from the new parts/bikes and all that good shit. This forum will be around for a while longer I'm sure, if it would have gone under, it would have done so years ago. I do miss the old forum days though I will say, had some great interaction with knowledgeable people but not anymore. All you get is sensitive ass keyboard warriors on social media that can't hold a conversation for more than 20 seconds without getting butt hurt about something ...... For now with the season over, back to my dull life and search for meaning haha
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

Re: 23' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    I'm still around, just been busy studying and doing some other shit but yeah man it'll be interesting to see on Tuesday what the feedback is from the new parts/bikes and all that good shit. This forum will be around for a while longer I'm sure, if it would have gone under, it would have done so years ago. I do miss the old forum days though I will say, had some great interaction with knowledgeable people but not anymore. All you get is sensitive ass keyboard warriors on social media that can't hold a conversation for more than 20 seconds without getting butt hurt about something ...... For now with the season over, back to my dull life and search for meaning haha
    Heard all that. Gone are the days of meaningful discourse and now it's just tweets and nonsense.

It is odd that WSBK is still running as we still have two more rounds of WSBK. Normally, it wraps up before MotoGP, but I guess this year it's running longer. I'm surprised at CNBC, they were advertising WSBK for next weekend on their channel today. Could this finally be we are getting WSBK back to cable channels? Let's hope so, cause I hate watching the chopped up highlights on YouTube for WSBK. So we still have some racing left there.

Also, we still have two more races of Formula 1 left and what a season it has been. Verstappen set the all time win record of 14 wins in a season. Granted, Shumacher did 13 wins in 18 races but Verstappen did equal Vettel's 13 wins in 19 races. So if he wins the next two and gets 16 wins on the year, he will be Shumacher's win percentage, which is a feat in an of itself. Red Bull have been super dominant this year, and surely the budget cap is going to hang over them for a long time to come. But from what I understand if they get the tax credit they are supposed to get, they will only be over the cap by less than $500k. Which considering two other teams went over as well(Aston Martin and Williams but were over the cap for procedural reasons), is not bad for a first year running with a budget cap. Mercedes and Ferrari are yelling that Red Bull got an advantage. It will always be one team yelling about the other. Mercedes have a lot of room to talk, when they used to spend over 450 million, while other teams would barely get to 200 million, back before the budget cap days.

It was good to see him get his 2nd championship and start off possibly a new era of dominance. Which is both good and bad, good in that it's not Mercedes anymore, but bad because it means only one team will dominate again. Ferrari is there, they just need new management, better strategy and more reliability. I don't care if Mercedes ever gets back into the game, they can flounder around mid pack for the rest of their days and it would be glorious. I'd like to see McLaren get back up there, along with Alpine and Aston Martin. Hell even Haas had some really good results this year, just too many crashes and blow ups.

I also think they need to re-vamp the Formula 1 engine allocation for the year. Three engines is just way too little. I'd say allow them 5 engines before a penalty. Every team that needs a engine just takes a new one and accepts the penalties anyways. Maybe give them 5 ICE units, and the rest of the parts still allow for three a piece(turbos, battery engines, etc).

What I think is a real stupid idea is moving away from "tire warmers" in Formula 1. I think either next year or the year after they will go completely without tire warmers.

Oh well, only a few short months before we get all the pre-season testing and first races of the year in March.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."