What a great first round of the WSBK season it was, Andrea Iannone threw the kitchen sink at that shit and finished at the front and close to victory although in the superpole race he ran into technical difficulties but managed to limp her home for a couple of points. Great start for Alex Lowes on the KRT Kawi man, this dude looks like a refreshed rider along with the team ever since Rea's departure to Yamaha, you can tell the dynamics of the team changed entirely and they can work more freely and it's already paying dividends, that pass around T8 on Bautista for the race winning overtake was a fucking thing of beauty! Rea and Toprak finding out quickly that their team switch is going to prove more difficult than fruitful. For Yamaha's side of things, because of Euro5 emission standard, Yamaha is being forced to scrap the R1 so we may see their racing exit and this also explains why they don't put much effort or money into further development, that's probably why Yamaha forbid him to speak on anything during his interview in which he was super heated, in my opinion he should have retired, now Yamaha is going to put a nasty dent in his illustrious career. On Toprak's side of things, since the BMW hasn't been pushed in the ways he pushes a motorcycle, he is already finding out that they will have reliability issues given he already blew an engine and it's barely the first round, also tires are dropping at an exponential rate given his riding style so he will have a crazy season ahead of him, doubt BMW will figure it out this year or even next honestly. Both Gerloff and Redding off to their usual bullshit starts and riding, not finishing anywhere threatening in particular. For me Bonovo should have kept Loris Baz instead of Redding, he is beyond checked out and you can already tell. Gerloff ever since what happened at Assen in his days with Yamaha, just wasn't the same person again and can't seem to shake that bullshit off. He has his moments of brilliance like late last season but can't find consistency for shit, unless he delivers something insane, we may see him back state side after 2024. Bulega and Ducati are a match made in heaven, first pole position and first win in his first race, I mean can't get any better than that for him, he suffered more in the 2nd race but still had a superbly impressive performance. This WSBK season is going to be insane all the way to the end honestly and it's building to be even more entertaining than MotoGP dare I say... 3 weeks for the Qatar GP and only one week away for the Daytona 200, can't wait!