Thread: 06 r6 bodywork

06 r6 bodywork

i was able to snag a few development pics of the new bodywork under construction at http://www.morsefiberglass.com/. i'm really excited to get my hands on a set. i think this looks much more classy than the sharkskinz model. i also like how the vent holes are still in place. ive had my 06 out a couple of times and it is really a hot running bike (so these vents might be cruitial)

they really stayed true to the look of the nose. the intake detail is spot on.

this shows the lower where it is expected to mate with the upper. its prbly below any frame sliders, which i'm a fan of.

hanging set

the tail assy is so clean. i cant wait to see it on a bike. the top is less flat than the 'skinz and allows more room for a number.

so hot- it sill has some of that stealth wing outline.

holler back with your thoughts, especially if you have an 06. i havent figured out my damper situation yet. i'm not much of a fan of top mount paddle dampers. i posted these pics on r6mn if you want to stay up on the board-banter.

oh yea... i still need to pay for my r6. somone buy this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT
    res is 2200 hahah

-comCables Racing-
    ~hoje

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar
    Much nicer than the sharkskinz!!! I had seen a pic, and knew they (sharkskinz) didn't have the big upper vent, but I didn't realize they didn't have the smaller front vents either!

I'm not sure about the tail section though, although I will agree it'll be easier to put numbers on the Morse one!!!

Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Re: 06 r6 bodywork

ha yea, there is still not all that much room.
    those smaller vents go into ducts that blow over the engine, its crazy.
    -comCables Racing-
    ~hoje

Re: 06 r6 bodywork

Its looking great!

lel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM