Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Site has been upgraded

Re: Site has been upgraded

1900X1200 on this laptop. On the home comp i think 2048x1536; 1152x864 on a comp at work.

oh yea... also at this point; on my home comp i cleared all cookies, temp files etc; and on the laptop I cleared the csc cookes, loged out, temp files, etc etc... as well as tried checking topics out of user and logged in as a user; so its not some user setting either.

jason
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Navigation Issue:

The thread path is located at the top of each thread:

but is not located at the bottom of the thread. You need to scroll to the top to navigate up one level. If I remember right this 'feature' was available in the older version.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar
    Jason- I don't think it's your cookie, but might be a browser version or something. I dunno yet.

Jeff- Yeah, it's in the list. That was in the old version because we hacked the code to make it so.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar
    I don't have a lot of free time to re-do all the modifications that I had previously done, so (unfortunately) it's going to be a while before we're back to where we were.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="257094
    One that I liked, was the little icon that would appear next to thread titles, that indicated when you had a post in it. That was(is) a very helpful little indicator, when doing the "...since last visit" view. If I remember right, it looked like a little orange diamond icon, overlayed on the big black diamond that is just to the left of topic titles. It totally eliminated the need to double-think... "Have I been following this one?"
    I know what you're talking about, and I miss it too. Unfortunately, that wasn't something I added, and I'm not sure if we can get it back. In the meantime, you can do this: View Threads You've Posted On. Click on it, then bookmark it.

And the other feature that I liked was having the "topic map" or what-have-you.... appearing at both the top and the bottom of a page. You know the..

Colorado Sportbike Club Forum Index » Club & Site » Club News and Announcements » Site has been upgraded
    links.
    Once again, not something that I was responsible for, but I too found it useful. I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lel";p="257130
    i have to scroll back and forth to read a topic; unless i maximize the window; which is super gay.
    Jason, I have similar results, but I don't have to actually maximize to resolve it, but I do have to stretch the window to about 98% of the screen's width. Not sure if it's a desireable solution for you, but try it and see if it helps.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="257155
    Jeff- Yeah, it's in the list. That was in the old version because we hacked the code to make it so.
    We did that?
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
    R.I.P. 502

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="257163
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="257155
    We did that?
    Pretty sure we did, yeah...

I'll see if I can add it, should just be one carefully placed line of code.

AKA "Devaclis"
    I still really like the upgrade. Can you also upgrade the Avatar limit to 640x480?
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis";p="257172
    I still really like the upgrade. Can you also upgrade the Avatar limit to 640x480?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Why dont I have an option to reply until I go log in and havr to go search all over again for the topic I wanted to talk about? That in the works for a fix?
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Dion, we'll add it to the list. I think some things are missing that weren't before, others were changes we made that we'll have to make again.

I think I fixed the session overfill issue, but it will need to run for a while to see for sure. I think something changed in the way the site handles search engines crawling the site, and so the searchers were basically overloading the session table. I put something in that will increase the size of that table up to a point, and if it gets that big it will just start whacking the oldest 50 entries at a time until it's usable again. Should work, in theory...

than sincere ignorance

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

One that I liked, was the little icon that would appear next to thread titles, that indicated when you had a post in it. That was(is) a very helpful little indicator, when doing the &amp;quot;...since last visit&amp;quot; view. If I remember right, it looked like a little orange diamond icon, overlayed on the big black diamond that is just to the left of topic titles. It totally eliminated the need to double-think... &amp;quot;Have I been following this one?&amp;quot;
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="257162
    Unfortunately, that wasn't something I added, and I'm not sure if we can get it back.
    Well, as it turns out, this is something that I coded. It's back now.

And the other feature that I liked was having the "topic map" or what-have-you.... appearing at both the top and the bottom of a page. You know the..

Colorado Sportbike Club Forum Index » Club &amp;amp; Site » Club News and Announcements » Site has been upgraded
    links.
    This is back now too (I changed its location slightly to try and eliminate word-wrap).
    R.I.P. 502

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="257216
    I think I fixed the session overfill issue, but it will need to run for a while to see for sure.
    Nope, it's still broke. I ran into it last night when I was testing out some of the stuff I was working on. I deleted the 2 oldest records in there to get around it.

Edit: I just deleted all anonymous sessions - all 439 of them.
    R.I.P. 502

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Thanks for the tweaks Bob.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog420";p="257091
    Is the function, in the avatar area, that showed "joined date" gone? Also I can't see post count either?
    Thanks for answering my question; oh wait you never did
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog420";p="257360
    Is the function, in the avatar area, that showed "joined date" gone? Also I can't see post count either?
    Post count hasn't been there for months.

I see your joined date just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog420";p="257360
    We're just ignoring you :P

j/k - didn't see this earlier

Is the function, in the avatar area, that showed &quot;joined date&quot; gone? Also I can't see post count either?
    I removed post count in the previous version, and was going to do so again, but it seems that post count and joined date have been removed by the new version. It is still visible to Admins (and maybe Moderators).
    R.I.P. 502

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="257367
    It is still visible to Admins (and maybe Moderators).
    Just checked - it's not visible to moderators, just admins.
    R.I.P. 502

I just changed a cookie setting to help a couple people that were having problems, so you may need to log back in again. I still recommend you do anyway (even if it doesn't ask you) with the following steps:

- Log out first
    - Use the my cookies link at the bottom of every page, to delete your site cookie(s) if it (they) exist.
    - Log back in.

That's it!

than sincere ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="257162
    Jason, I have similar results, but I don't have to actually maximize to resolve it, but I do have to stretch the window to about 98% of the screen's width. Not sure if it's a desireable solution for you, but try it and see if it helps.
    doh 98% == maximized lol i hate having a window bigger than half the screen

jason
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Thanks for the answer Bob and Ralph

No more post count Damn post whores

Thanks for all the hard work
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

n00b here, you probly already mentioned something about it, but I was testing my settings to see if it was on my machine...

I can't seem to stay logged in like before. Every other time or so I come to the site, I have to log in. I cleared cookies, reset fav's. etc but nothing. Also just today I was in a topic, but opened a new browser and was looking around, when I finally came back to CSC I clicked to go back to General or something, and I had to relog in...

am I the only one haven these troubles? Please PM me if so, so I can fix it.

Thanks
    -n00b

I dunno what's up with the login thing yet.

I'm working on performance tuning right now, so you may see periods of unavailability as I restart various services. I think I have the database running faster, but am now working on speeding up the web processes and splitting off the static content to a faster, smaller process to free up memory and CPU for the heavy stuff.

than sincere ignorance

Grr. Still working out the 'sessions full' issue apparently.

than sincere ignorance

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    Hey, issues or not, you and Bob still do a hell of a job keeping up with the site and everything we throw at you to do.