Thread: Rossi's REAL F1 Ferrari outing

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Rossi's REAL F1 Ferrari outing

Read me...

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34967
    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34970

He's (so far) faster than Coultard, Trulli, and a few others. Not bad for a rookie. ALthough, testing times are misleading. There are those that are sandbagging, and those that are running really light. Interesting though. Even Shuey has praise for his first real day. An Italian F1 world champion in a Ferrari? The first since Ascari? Now THAT would be kick-ass!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Re: Rossi's REAL F1 Ferrari outing

The best rider in the world, maybe ever, and nobody has any comments on this? Y'all are clueless.....
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar
    Frank,

Why do you care so much about Rossi's performance in F1? :P

I mean it's cool & all that he's less than a second off Schumi's time, but if he makes the jump, it won't be before 2007.
    This rumor mill has been around for a while - it's old news now.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

I'd like to see him stay in MotoGP for the new displacement changes in 2007. 800cc would be nice to see how he would handle it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

- 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
    R.I.P. 502

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="257427
    Frank,

Why do you care so much about Rossi's performance in F1? :P

I mean it's cool & all that he's less than a second off Schumi's time, but if he makes the jump, it won't be before 2007.
    This rumor mill has been around for a while - it's old news now.
    Because it will be another in a line of GP racers to try their hand at it, and it will be very special if he succeeds. Only Surtees has done it out of all of them.

As far as a dead horse goes, the IDEA is old, but these are recent and timely new developements. The fact that he actually tested alongside the current F1 stars is a HUGE deal. NOBODY since Surtees has done that. Like it or not, MotoGP is a minor deal compared to F1, and if we can get this kind of exposure from the F1 audience (maybe crossover watchers), that will be an even bigger deal. Sponsorship packages, prime airtime. An alliance of the FIM and the FIA would be awesome. So, yes, I think it's VERY relevant to our sport. I've been following GP racing and F1 for over 20 years, and watched it wax and wane. Now it's time for the next big step. Then, people could stop worrying that the MotoGP races wouldn't be broadcast. The F1 races are ALWAYS broadcast on NASCRAP-vision, er, SPEED. Too bad more of us aren't excited about this, as it IS a very big deal.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

If there's a positive outcome as a result of this cross-over, that's great, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Sorry. I'm usually pretty optimistic, but in this case, I don't think it's going to make a big enough impact to make a difference (at least not in the time-frame we're looking at). With the increased frequency of Rossi's tests with Ferrari, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he makes the jump for 2007. With the exception of the month off of the summer break in the MotoGP season, I don't foresee Rossi doing anymore testing of F1 cars (to maintain his focus on winning another MotoGP championship) until after the season is over. At that point, the vast flock of new fans will be gone and/or uninterested, and the next year, he'll just be another new rider.

Now, if he were to make the jump mid-season, that might generate some interest, but contractual obligations prevent that from ever happening.
    R.I.P. 502

Re: Rossi's REAL F1 Ferrari outing

I can certainly empathize with your enthusiasm. I remember back when Eddie Lawson did the car gig -- then Jeff Ward. For some reason, people tend to get snobbish and sportbike folks are no different. I am not a huge Rossi fan even though I respect his abilities immensely... so its not a huge deal to me.

I do however appreciate your enthusiasm.

Kurt
    2000 Suzuki GSXR750
    1974 Honda CL200 Scrambler
    Former AMA/CCS, WERA, MRA, F-USA
    Current AMA Member, SMRI Racer
    Check out www.vonconcepts.com