Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 St. Patricks' Day Parade

2004 St. Patricks' Day Parade

UPDATE - Final details here: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...?p=47644#47644

Here is the official list:
    1. Spiderman
    2. rforsythe
    3. CBRChick13
    4. Hoopty
    5. Airreed
    6. Daniel (Lo Lo) Lopez
    7. KooLaid
    8. Gary N
    9. Kim-n-Dean (Kim)
    10. Kim-n-Dean (Dean)
    11. Frauenheld
    12. eaheer
    13. eaheer's friend
    14. BenDover
    15. gixxerjarhead
    16. thunderseye
    17. Jay636Ninja
    18. PONYBOY
    19. Gramps
    20. Wahooman
    21. canuck22
    22. Clayton Unruh
    23. Trip Rogers
    24. Kenny Masterman
    25. Aloth600
    26. Chris Coston
    27. Amazzon
    28. Bertha
    29. eaheer's friend#2
    30. eaheer's friend#3

I will be taking a few stand-by's just in case...

Stand-by list:

Original post follows:
    Just wanted to keep everybody informed on what's going on...

Yesterday I received the entry form for the 2004 St. Patrick's Day parade. It seems that the Parade committee has changed the fee structure for parade entries this year, with a big financial impact to vehicles (that means us ).

This past year, we were allowed up to 30 bikes to ride as one entry in the parade (for a total fee of $35). For next year, they've restructured their entry fees so a single entry now costs $45, and has a limit of 5 vechicles, with a $10 charge per additional vehicle.

I called the parade committee last night and left a message asking if the limits and costs also applied to motorcycles, since they are so much smaller than cars. I'll let you know what I find out.

My idea (posted as a poll in General) of charging an entry fee of $10 and providing t-shirts is now out the window. I would still love to have everybody wearing matching green t-shirts, but that would almost double the cost (I could probably knock $1 or $2 off the price of the shirt). I was hoping to use the profit from the shirts to help pay for the parade entry fee (which I've paid out of my pocket the past 2 years).

So, I guess there is going to be an entry fee to participate, and there probably won't be shirts included in that price. But I'll see if there's anything I can do about that...

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    One way or another - even if I have to be a paying participant, count me in as representing (naturally this is presumtive the weather will permit participation as I glance into my future viewing vessal of... oh wait, that's just milk. Nevermind). Yeah... count me in as good to go fee or not weather permitting.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

I would still be down to represent CSC depending on the weather as said above and the turnout of everyone else. DOn't think it would be too much fun riding down by myself
    Keep us posted Bob....

I'm down for it, either way...

I'm in regardless. I'll also be the official snow rep again.
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

I just spoke to a representative of the parade committee and discussed our concerns with her. She will be posing these questions to the board on Thursday night. I should have an answer by Friday. I'll let you know what I find out.

Count me and Lori in!!! (2 bikes)
    Travis
    AKA T-BONE

"Ya, that was me passing you with a 600! Don't be embarrassed!!"

Quote Originally Posted by mr2fast
    Umm, Trav, does Lori know about this?

She should be, what, 6 months pregnant by then? I don't think her OBGYN will approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2fast
    Umm, Trav, does Lori know about this?

She should be, what, 6 months pregnant by then? I don't think her OBGYN will approve.
    Damn it! Ok, we are out! It was early in the morning when I wrote that and wasn't thinking 3/4 months in the future.
    Travis
    AKA T-BONE

"Ya, that was me passing you with a 600! Don't be embarrassed!!"

Well since im out a bike, and even if i had a bike i could not ride the damn thing. Would you want a car in the procession? I could pass out flyers and try to sell t-shirts out the trunk while we are in the praide and before the start and after the parade. I have a perty nice can 2002 Grand am SCT black with dark tint and a booming stero system. You guys could also store all your gear in the back seat. I could but the banner on my back window. I think we could make this work and it would look PIMP!!!!! Let me know what you think. Chad
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

Hey chad maybe we can borrow a convertible, and you can sit in there with something skimpy on waving to the guys (you do it already anyway right?)... You wanna ride bitch? You can be my little news reporter for the day.

Chad I may have a bike for you, I'm trying to get my racebike good to ride by then, if I do then I'll have the superchicken if you want to twist that one.

I dont know if i will be able to. If me shoulded does not start healing i dont know if ill be able to ride a bike. I will have to wait and see when the time comes.
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

Thanks Chad, but I was already planning on using my truck to sport the banner and lead the whole thing (with my bike in the back, of course ). I figured that way I could bring the kids and save $50 in babysitting.

Hey Chad- You can ride my xt350 if your shoulder's up to it. It's pretty upright so it won't hurt as much.
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

thanks for all the offers. This is all going to depend on how i am healed by then. I appricate all the LOVE!!!!! Thanks again. Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    Thanks Chad, but I was already planning on using my truck to sport the banner and lead the whole thing (with my bike in the back, of course ). I figured that way I could bring the kids and save $50 in babysitting.
    Maybe chad can just sit on your bike and make vroomy noises while you drive?

I could do that. Can i wear a cape too

Well I got the news a few days ago but forgot to post it right away. The parade committee won't budge on the price.

There is a good possibility that, for 2005, this pricing rule will be revisited & (hopefully) revised.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and find a way to help pay for the entry fees.

Initially, I was thinking we might be able to get enough people for 2 entries, (that was before I found out that they boosted the cost over 700%), but when speaking with the committee rep, she said that if we had 2 entries, they'd be split up within the parade, and I'm not interested in that. We'd still be allowed 30 bikes in one entry, so I'm going to target for that.

I haven't read the whole post but at one time we thought we could add vehicles for 10 bucks. Does that still apply?

If it does then , i don't think $10 is a big deal.

Is the registration fee still $35?
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Ridge
    I haven't read the whole post but at one time we thought we could add vehicles for 10 bucks. Does that still apply?

If it does then , i don't think $10 is a big deal.

Is the registration fee still $35?
    It's gone up to $45, and includes 5 vehicles, with $10 per additional vehicle.

$10 isn't bad, but I was thinking on getting t-shirts made, and the cost on those is about $10 each, which if we were going to put all of the cost on the participants, we're looking at nearly $20 per person.

I'd put up 20 bucks to ride in the parade, t-shirt or not...
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

i'm with ya j

20 bucks ain't bad and today was a lot of fun

Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Parade

I spent more thatn $20.00 on the Childrens Hospital Toy run. So $20 to ride in a parade ain't no big deal.
    Lets ride!
    '01 SV 650 S
    '08 Gary Fisher mtn. bike
    '69 Austin Healey Sprite
    '92 GTI

I'm in for $20, even 25 if neccesary to offset entry fee.
    Can't wait!
    "Only the half mad are truly happy."
    1998 Triumph Daytona 595
    1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ +8"
    1989 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200