Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004 St. Patricks' Day Parade

Quote Originally Posted by TaZ8U
    Ralph,

You need to teach their web guy a thing or two about using Tables...
    Tables bad. CSS positioning good.

I'll commit to coming out for the parade.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

im sure i will be availible for this ocation (sp) so count me in
    ~MR. PISSY PANTS~
    R . I . P. Gene, you will be missed!

01 Dakota (Yama-hauler)
    00 WR-400 (da da dirty dirty)
    06 GSXR 6 (street toy)
    06 KLX 110 (play toy)
    02 Kawi Quad (play toy #2) maybe for sale...anyone interested??

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

<--and yes i think this is a Texas flag Well, at least i THOUGHT it was, until peanut took it away...dam you peanut, DAMMMMM YOUUUU!!!!!

I wish i could do it... I will be working pretty much from 5pm on the 12th until 830am on the 14th.

"Throwin it up like liquor on an empty stomach"

GSXR600 in Colo Springs.
    ryan@dezmond.net

Anybody have any tips for gettting my bike all shiny and clean for the parade? Brands? Techniques? She's clean, but I want it spotless.
    Thanx
    "Only the half mad are truly happy."
    1998 Triumph Daytona 595
    1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ +8"
    1989 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200

Buy a bag of those terry cloth rags from Checker for $3 or whatever, and get a can of Honda Pro-Cleaner. The stuff simply is incredible! Spray on, wipe off, then hit the spot again with a dry rag to really get it shiny. Gets off bugs, oil, etc.

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    That or Plexus. They both work wonders, and you can carry a bottle with you to touch up as you go. Plexus makes handy little bottles, not sure about the Honda stuff.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Yeah Honda makes a nice little bike-size can of their cleaner, if you don't want the big one.

I'm contemplating buying a case of it (prolly in big cans, but perhaps the smaller ones depending on interest) since I can get it more or less at cost, and just sell them to club members cheap, if anyone is up for this. I will NOT have this by the parade.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Yeah Honda makes a nice little bike-size can of their cleaner, if you don't want the big one.

I'm contemplating buying a case of it (prolly in big cans, but perhaps the smaller ones depending on interest) since I can get it more or less at cost, and just sell them to club members cheap, if anyone is up for this. I will NOT have this by the parade.
    I'm in
    "Only the half mad are truly happy."
    1998 Triumph Daytona 595
    1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ +8"
    1989 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200

Hehe, I just can't see myself putting anything that says honda on my Kawasaki. I might have to give it a try though...
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Stick to Plexus then, works just as well if not better.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Quote Originally Posted by Jay636Ninja
    Hehe, I just can't see myself putting anything that says honda on my Kawasaki. I might have to give it a try though...
    Who knows, you might add a little reliability to that kwak!

Okay, by now, most of you (registered members) should have received the email with all the details, but in case you haven't, here they are:

• The parade takes place on Saturday March 13th. Our staging time is 8:30 AM (parade starts at 10AM).

This year, the parade comittee has significantly restructured their entry fees, and even though we have received some sponsorship from both TK motorsports and TFOG wheelsports, each participant will be required to pay an entry fee ($10 rider / $5 passenger). The good news is, that each participant receives a commorative t-shirt, that we'd like them to wear during the parade.

Because the parade is less than 2 weeks away and t-shirts have to be ordered, all entries must be received by Noon on Wednesday March 3rd.

We are limited to a maximum of 30 bikes, so this will be done on a sign-up basis. Send an email to CoSportbikeClub@hotmail.com (or reply to this thread) only if you are serious about participating. Be sure to mention what size t-shirt you want, and if you will be bringing a passenger, what size t-shirt for them.

Complete details will be distributed by email to registered participants.

Participants must carry proof of insurance - parade marshals may be asking for it. If you trailer your bike to the parade, there will be parking in the staging area for your truck.

If you can't ride in the parade, make sure to join us for post-parade festivities at Breckenridge Brewery, 2220 Blake St., Denver (Northeast corner from Coor's Field).

Edit: The $10 entry fee is non-refundable, even if the weather is horrible - most of that money is going towards the t-shirts, which you will receive regardless if you actually ride in the parade or not.

I know a few of you already asked to be included on this, and I will add you to the list if you've done so in the past 2 weeks. I'll be updating the first post with the official list.

Just responded to your email, sorry if you get it twice.

I'd also be in for the Pro-cleaner.

Email sent as well. Should be fun
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

i would like to ride in the parade even if i have to pay a fee. it would be the first time but not the last time
    R.I.P. mom i will always love you

Who knows, you might add a little reliability to that kwak!

I'd dump the whole can in if I thought it would help the tranny out
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

See the first post for the official list - only 8 spots remaining!

Hey Bob... go ahead and add Gramps to the list if you would please. I know he wanted to attend this but hes out of town for a couple days...
    Jason
    Bikeless for now...

Hey Bob... go ahead and add Gramps to the list if you would please. I know he wanted to attend this but hes out of town for a couple days...
    Got it - only 7 spots remaining.

I still need t-shirt sizes from the following people (some of you have already been emailed):
    CBRChick13
    FriscoKidd
    Hoopty
    mr2fast
    Daniel
    KooLaid
    TaZ8U
    Jenny
    thunderseye
    PONYBOY

Confirmed: You got mail Bob! Let's do this!!!
    2014 Ducati Hypermotard 821
    2015 HD FLHXS

Public Service Announcement:

My 4runner will be available at the parade for anyone who wants to toss excess layers, gear, or whatever. So, feel free to wear whatever you need to for the ride to Coors Field, and "de-accessorize" for the parade itself, it'll go in a locked vehicle while we're doing the loop.

For those that haven't done this before... Gear is optional. What I mean by this is, we're not likely to get past 15mph (unless you're one of the sideline stunters we always have), and generally most don't bother with helmets for the parade itself since the majority of it is just going in a slow straight line. What you wear to get to the staging area is your thing, however I'm providing my 'runner so that people will be encouraged to ride safe to/from.

I'll let Bob post the staging instructions (i.e. where to go and how to get there) though I will add that since we appear to be more towards the front this year it will be very important to get there on time. It may be a bit chilly so I will see what I can do about some coffee for everyone...

I'll let Bob post the staging instructions (i.e. where to go and how to get there) though I will add that since we appear to be more towards the front this year it will be very important to get there on time. It may be a bit chilly so I will see what I can do about some coffee for everyone...
    Directions, staging info, etc. will be distributed only to those that are registered. We are much earlier in the parade than last year (last year we staged at 10AM), and I'm hoping that this means we'll get some TV coverage.

I forgot to mention...

The $10 entry fee is non-refundable, even if the weather is horrible - most of that money is going towards the t-shirts, which you will receive regardless if you actually ride in the parade or not.

Bob you got mail....oops forgot the shirt size!! Another email coming your way!!
    Thanx!