Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 2004 St. Patricks' Day Parade

The list has been updated. Airreed, you are on the stand-by list (behind gixxerjarhead). We had another cancellation (TaZ8U, being replaced by gary n).

I will hopefully be getting all registered participants the details via email tonight.
    Everybody start doing your favorite sunshine & warm weather dance/prayer/voodoo.

spidey, i cannot get my email right know (long story) if you could pm me or put on the thread where we are supposed to meet the moring of the parade i would appreciate it. or just go tothe staging area and look for abounch of bikes and green shirts? or if anyone has a number to aol so i can get a new password i would appreciat it.
    R.I.P. mom i will always love you

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

AOLCS support

AOL --- bummer ----- but here ya go:

If I have a problem with AOL, can I talk to a live person?

Yes. Simply call 1-800-827-6364 for help whenever you need it. You can always expect top-quality service from AOL consultants.
    I'd butcher this all to hell but ---------- better things to do.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

thank you vere much now i think i can get my email.

They don't call it America Offline for nothing!

I'm gonna pack a backpack with some warm winter gear and my windbreaker snowboarding pull over for a bit more warmth. It's gonna be a COLD 6am ride to denver. Damn it MV, couldn't ya have waited a couple days to buy the trailer!!! Hopefully I won't need to pack away pieces of my bike in my backpack as wheelie school. knwo what i mean????

don't be a girl i ride my bike all year round roads permitting with just a leather jacket a sweatshirt, and an old lid with no visor.

just giving ya some sh1t.

I have too, but it sucks at 6 am when the ground is the coldest from over night cooling! The only thing I haven't ridden in so far is a blizzard w/snow on the ground, tornado, and a hurricane. Even had a minor tremor in cali before. But I like to ride in rain :-) it's fun!

Okay ... most recent from 9 news weather ... (I feel like a weather girl!!! )

Still going to be sunny in the morning and clouding up toward the afternoon.
    '05 Titanium 1000RR

woohoo, weather girls can be hot

Are we all just meeting in the stagin area?
    Just get there @ 8:30 and look for bikes and Spidey's truck?
    I probably won't make the breakfast, and don't want to snafu this.
    "Only the half mad are truly happy."
    1998 Triumph Daytona 595
    1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ +8"
    1989 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200

I'll notify everybody soon with all the details, but basically, when you enter the staging area, give them our unit # (to be supplied with the rest of the details) and they will direct you to our approximate location.

Ok, just got the email. Informative, but missing some minor small details. I'll be (in good warm weather), over ankle boots, jeans, Green CSC T, helmet and gloves. And I got the note on the insurance. No problem. Now what I was wondering is, helmets, I'm assuming we're all gonna wear it, or is it up participants descretion? I'm in the military so I'm required to wear it for riding, but if you guys planned on not for the parade, then I'm sure it'll be ok for something like a slow paced parade. So whats the uniform of the day bob?

I'm going to leave this up to the discression of each individual.

It is going to be slow moving, but there will likely be a couple of people doing stunts. This year we're going to go in 2 rows , so there should be plenty of room for stunting in the middle (last year we rode in 3 rows, which left little room on the outside for stunting).

If you want to wear your helmet, that's fine.
    If you don't want to wear your helmet, that's fine too. Like I said, it's slow moving.

If you are planning on stunting, please wear your helmet.

If anybody has anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!

all i can say is..... WOW! That's TOO cool bob! I think I better be good though...... might make an idiot outta myself doing donuts then dumping it......

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    I'm going to leave this up to the discression of each individual.

It is going to be slow moving, but there will likely be a couple of people doing stunts. This year we're going to go in 2 rows , so there should be plenty of room for stunting in the middle (last year we rode in 3 rows, which left little room on the outside for stunting).

If you want to wear your helmet, that's fine.
    If you don't want to wear your helmet, that's fine too. Like I said, it's slow moving.

If you are planning on stunting, please wear your helmet.

If anybody has anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!
    Wasn't the club warned about stunts last year? If you lose control your bike goes shootin' off into the crowd.

Also, with the forecast looking pretty bad we were thinking about riding the quads. Are non-street legel vehicles allowed?
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean
    Wasn't the club warned about stunts last year? If you lose control your bike goes shootin' off into the crowd.
    Not that I can recall - Ralph, do you remember anything of the sort? I'm pretty sure that, the year prior, we were encouraged to do stunts if we felt it was safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean
    Also, with the forecast looking pretty bad we were thinking about riding the quads. Are non-street legel vehicles allowed?
    Last year we followed a group of quads, so yes, but I think they still want you to have liability insurance - do you have proof of that?

OMG - I just had a BikerBoyz vision - you guys on your quads doing stunts with the sport-bikers as you come into view.

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    I never heard anything about not doing stunts last year. I even busted a few standups right past cops! Please don't try stunts there if you don't know what you're doing, if you mess up and crash there are all kinds of people right along side the road (TONS of kids too). The crowd loves it when we goof off, but if we hurt someone sh!t would go downhill real quick like.

Dean, I suggest throwing on an old race tire for the parade- BURNOUT CENTRAL!!!
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty
    I never heard anything about not doing stunts last year. I even busted a few standups right past cops! Please don't try stunts there if you don't know what you're doing, if you mess up and crash there are all kinds of people right along side the road (TONS of kids too). The crowd loves it when we goof off, but if we hurt someone sh!t would go downhill real quick like.
    Nobody said a thing to either Hoopty or myself for doing stunts last year, infact the cops and crowd loved it when Hoopty and I would do stunts in front of them... I have to say that you all need to be very careful as there are many kids that would not like to have a tire or frameslider implanted in their head... If you don't know what your doing please don't do something stupid because the crowd is pumping you to do it! Have fun and be safe, I will be jealous of all of you this weekend! TAKE PICS!!
    Travis
    AKA T-BONE

"Ya, that was me passing you with a 600! Don't be embarrassed!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    Last year we followed a group of quads, so yes, but I think they still want you to have liability insurance - do you have proof of that?

OMG - I just had a BikerBoyz vision - you guys on your quads doing stunts with the sport-bikers as you come into view.
    No problem on the insurance.

Boy, that would be a "stunt" to pull off anything on my 550 lb. 4x4 Kodiac 450. The only thing it will do is a burn-out with the front brakes locked. It bounces off trees pretty well too!! Actually, that would be Kim's quad.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

I never heard anything bad about the stunts, I think they're ok as long as we're smart about it. This means:
    - If you don't know how to do it, Saturday is not your day to learn! Keep it on two wheels if you're unsure or inexperienced.
    - Please don't do it right next to the crowd, if you want to pop a monster wheelie or something get in the middle where you have more road.
    - Please don't kill the crowd. (seeing a theme here?)

The only complaint I remember hearing, was I believe from the first year's parade with respect to burnouts and the grade school marching band behind us that got the brunt of it. ("All you is, is a bunch of punks!!!" ring a bell for anyone? )

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    The only complaint I remember hearing, was I believe from the first year's parade with respect to burnouts and the grade school marching band behind us that got the brunt of it. ("All you is, is a bunch of punks!!!" ring a bell for anyone? )
    I don't remember that particular quote, but then again, I was in the front.

Burnouts are the most popular thing to do, if you want to, get take-offs to do them. I have a spare R6 (99-06) wheel with a used race tire on it if anybody wants to burn it up (Ripper?) - just gotta pick it up at my place and install it - hell, if you ride to my house on Friday, I can help you do it.

Anyone got a 180/55 that needs burned up on Saturday.....

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Check with Yakuza, I'm sure he has some 180 take-offs.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother