Thread: Superstock Race Results at Daytona

Superstock Race Results at Daytona

Suzuki took 14 of the top 20 positions:

Daytona Superstock results

Lee
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000 (K5)
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000 (K6) (Wife's bike -> The "Mini-Gixxer")
    2005 Yamaha FJR-1300

If you're riding without a helmet, then you must know that you have nothing to protect.

I'm sure if Aaron Yates had been healthy it would have been a different story.. Can't say for sure, since Superstock is usually very competative. Unlike in Superbike where it is "The Suzuki Show". Course I'm o.k. with that..

At least Yamaha took the podium, I'm still a Yamaha fan.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Superstock Race Results at Daytona

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Should be named the "Suzuki Race Results at Daytona".
    That name works for me, so long as Suzuki's results continue to start at 3rd place.

Yamaha Baby!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="262588
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Should be named the "Suzuki Race Results at Daytona".
    That name works for me, so long as Suzuki's results continue to start at 3rd place.

Yamaha Baby!
    True dat!
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Well, Yates was already riding pretty hurt, and still managed 3rd place. Also, I'm not sure exactly what the rules are, but the Yamahas were all LE versions with the Ohlins suspensions, right? So, if Superstock rules modifying or replacing the suspension with aftermarket parts, then the LE would have an advantage right out of the box, no?

Plus, I wonder what would happen if Mladin and/or Spies was in it....

I wish I would have been able to see it though, sounds like a good race regardless. And, hey, I like Yamahas too, I had a couple. Anything but a Honduh!!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY
    <snip...>I wish I would have been able to see it though, sounds like a good race regardless.
    Hey Frank... Just to give you an idea of the lead that Hacking and Disalvo had, they were (in essence) goofing off with each other in the last 3 or so laps. Jason was intentionally letting Hacking pass him a couple times, shucking and jiving with him, and even pulled an intentional wheelie in the middle of a lap.

Anyhow, "the race" consisted of 2 Yamahas when it was brass-tax time. Everybody else in the field was an also-ran.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Yep --- and Cesmatt was the crew chief on that win

"Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="262637
    Anyhow, "the race" consisted of 2 Yamahas when it was brass-tax time. Everybody else in the field was an also-ran.
    I would have liked to see that. I remember much of the same at my first race at Laguna in '87 (I think it was) when Mamola and Baldwin were running the KR Team Cool colors. It was the F1 class, but basically a demo race between the 2 with wheelies, stoppies, and all sorts of crazy stuff until the last 3 laps when they had the agreement to actually go for it. Baldwin won by a fraction. Great stuff! At least 2 of them made a race of it. Who's this Mays guy anyways? Too bad Yates wasn't healthy, it would have made things a lot more interesting. And hey, love that WWF move he made last year! And though I would LOVE to see Mladin in the class, I think he's too valuable to the team to risk.

I'll have to look up the allowable suspension mods in that class and see what's allowed. I'm curious. There must have been an advantage to using that model otherwise why weren't they just riding a stock R1? I think it was a great idea Yamaha did the LE, and LOVE the Bumblebee colors. Suzuki dropped the ball and didn't do a 20th anniversary special edition (with more than just BNG) for the 1K, especially since it's now the displacement of the SBK classes. Like the old 750's with monoposto seat, dry clutch, suspension tweaks, maybe even a Yosh pipe.......
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I think if Mladin was in Superstock, the results be the same as in Superbike. He would always win, he's just that good of a rider. Look at the way him and Spies walked away from the Hayden bros.

They(Hayden bros) have both been in Superstock and Supersport and in my opinion are way more competition for Mladin then Disalvo and Hacking would be. Hacking gets hurt all the time and Disalvo is good, just think the Hayden brothers are better.

Mladin still walked away from the pack. Spies tagged along only to get toyed with on the last lap. Granted the Superstock and Supersport classes are a little bit more equal, but that would change the minute you put Mladin in the mix. Even with the new R1LE's, I don't think it would phase Mladin one bit.

Too be honest it would be nice to actually see if Yamaha will join Superbike in 2007. Then all of the big names will be in one basket. Course with the new GSX-R1000 K7 on the way, it would just be Mladin at #1 all over again....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight";p="262796
    Even with the new R1LE's, I don't think it would phase Mladin one bit.

Too be honest it would be nice to actually see if Yamaha will join Superbike in 2007. Then all of the big names will be in one basket. Course with the new GSX-R1000 K7 on the way, it would just be Mladin at #1 all over again....
    Well, Yates has the #1 plate for 2 reasons: him, and the bike. He's really riding hurt now, so we'll see how things go as the season progresses.

I'm with you on that, Yamaha is in WSB, but hasn't won a SBK title since, what, Jamie James? And how long has that been, '87? I'd like to see them in there with Mladin just to liven things up.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Wait and see what happens at the other tracks. And see what happens after the new Kaw is dialed in.

I like the superstock races the best as they are more indicitive of what our bikes are really capable of. The superbikes are fun to watch...but at that level I think there are so many changes that they really aren't a Suzuki/Kawasaki/Yamaha/Honda anymore. Sort of like Harely Davidson and drag racing...so many different parts than what came on a stock bike that it is just the paint that says what it is.

In superstock, unless the rules have changed, they can use different suspension internals, but the stock units need to be retained. Ohlins makes the upgraded internals, but it seems that is not as good as a full ohlins unit.

Mladin in Superstock...I always wanted to see that. He, Spies and Yates as a team would clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY";p="262643
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="262637
    I'll have to look up the allowable suspension mods in that class and see what's allowed. I'm curious. There must have been an advantage to using that model otherwise why weren't they just riding a stock R1?
    The LE is a stock bike by definition. There are other stock bikes that come with olins suspension. Just because you can't get a suzuki with olins does not make the Yamaha any less stock. It really comes down to who was on the podium, and this time it was blue.

Rider ability has more to do with winning than anything. Sure, if a bike is way down on power or is not setup right it can slow the fastest rider down. Suzuki makes a good bike, if they could hire someone to change its dated BNG butt ugly looks and cheapie plastic look and feel into a stylish sportbike, I may even consider buying one.
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"