Thread: CO Powersports Denver (off of 104th) service department

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

CO Powersports Denver (off of 104th) service department

Hello,

I have a flat rear tire (just bought the bastard too...), and am thinking of going to get it replaced at the closest bike dealer which is "CO Powersports Denver (off of 104th)".

Any reputation issues with their service department? It's just a simple rear tire change, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Yusuke

Re: CO Powersports Denver (off of 104th) service department

Quote Originally Posted by zx6r_red
    Hello,

I have a flat rear tire (just bought the bastard too...), and am thinking of going to get it replaced at the closest bike dealer which is "CO Powersports Denver (off of 104th)".

Any reputation issues with their service department? It's just a simple rear tire change, but I wanted to make sure.

Yusuke
    Not to take away business from my friends at CoPowersports, but you would get a better deal if you went to Discount Motorcycle Tire

Also, if you want Michelin, Pirelli, or Metzler, Mark at Vanmar Racing has good prices.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

follow up question...

Here is a follow up question. Is it ever possible to patch up a motorcycle tire instead of replacing it? Or once you have a flat, you should always replace it?

Yusuke

Re: follow up question...

Quote Originally Posted by zx6r_red
    Here is a follow up question. Is it ever possible to patch up a motorcycle tire instead of replacing it? Or once you have a flat, you should always replace it?

Yusuke
    You will get many different answers for that.
    I have had a tire patched in the past but I would not trust it for very long.

Another vote for Discount Motorcycle Tire on my side. They are really cheap and stand up guys in all my dealings

jontflesh
    I miss racing..... so so so so so much. Might as well drink

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Depends (you might need a set of Depends)

It depends on
    • what the damage is -- where it is located -- how you intend to ride -- how much you value your presence on this earth -- and what your bank sez you can spend.

I'v run on a plug (x2) before but only from CO Springs back home (120 mi.) Most reputable dealerships will not plug a tire. You would have to get the kit and do-it-yerself. If you can, replace the tire. You will not regret it.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I didn't know Discount Motorcycle Tires was in Arvada. Great. That's not too far from my house.
    I think I can make it there with my wife driving behind me with the air-compressor.

Thanks for your answers. Sounds like if I would like to keep my life, I should just buy another rear.

Thanks all for your quick answers.

Yusuke

I would say discount motorcycle tire also. Cheep but good and they are good people. Some have attitudes but all in all they are great people.
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    zx6r- though I have never used a plug on one of MY tires, I did plug a friends GSXR600 rear tire, and it has lasted more than 1500 miles since being plugged. It has seen over 120MPH and wheelies etc with no problems. If you do plug it, just remember to check the air pressure often. PS- I have plugs at my house if you're interested... Also, I would not suggest plugging a front tire, as I feel it's alot more dangerous to lose air in the front than in the rear.

*Edit*- For a new tire I would have to suggest Discount as well.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Go with Vanmar..Mark is da man!!
    Talofa!, O a mai oe? O lou igoa o, Maka. Ua ou fiafia ua ta teiloai.
    Polynesian Tatau or Traditional Tattoos that are amazing ~ http://www.sacredcentertattoo.com/default.aspx
    It isn't the history that makes the man, it's the man that makes history.
    Psalm Ch. 18 v.39

Thanks all for your help.

Thanks everyone for your input.

I just went to Discount Motorcycle Tires and they were great. Got my bike in and out in less than 45min. The tire was at least $40 cheaper than where I got the last one, so I saved some good money as well.

Thanks again. I know where to go now, and recommend tire replacement for other riders.

ZX6R_RED

discount RULES glad we could help
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Hell yeah, I recommend DMT to everyone I know.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

the only place i will go

I know U have most likely already gotten this fixed. But I would agree with Discount Motorcycle Tire. They are fast and usually cheaper than any other shop. Its worth it to go there.

My last trip there I had new tires done. They said give it a half hour or so to be finished. About 15mins later it was ready to roll.
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

just letting you guys know...... i picked up a small nail in my rear tire and couldnt see spending the dough for a new one since this one only had about 1500 miles on it and i seem to always get nails in my truck tires. I put a plug in it and checked my tire pressure everytime i stopped. It never leaked. I did pull the tire off the rim and put a patch on it about 500 miles later, which has also never leaked. the tire now has over 6000 miles on it and i still have had no problems.It has also seen the far side of 140 mph and many many lame attepts at wheelies and a burnout in my driveway for the kids.

Hey Mike- How'd you plug your tire? I used the string kind to plug a hole caused by a drill bit in the studding process on my knobbies. It's worked great so far- tested to the near side of 80MPH- no wheelies, just snow and ice...
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

i bought a plug kit at performance, then i later pulled the tire and used a patch from NAPA.

Sorry it took so long to reply

Guys Guys Guys........... No offense intended but Y the hell are CO Powersports so high on price? We all know the internet has some great deals but even other retail chains are killing CO Powersports on price in parts and access. I dont run a shop but I would think a more comp price would drive more biz and there for more revenue.

As an example: EBC 252HH pads sold on the net as low as 25.00.
    Most retails stores 30.00 - 33.00
    CO Powersports 40.00

Even with shipping and or taxes others are still cheaper than your price before all of that junk.

Other example: Head Bearings tightened up (Not replacing)
    Other retail stores as low as 60.00 for the job
    CO Powersports quoted me 120.00
    *Ended up doing it myself in the garage in less than an hour and a buddies help getting it off the ground. 00.00 in parts needed.

I could see a few dollars +or- but such a dramatic increase? Im afraid Ive set down my last dollar in that store. Other than warranty work Im sure I will not need a single thing there I cant find somewhere else.

**Once again I know a few of you on this board work there and I mean no offense, just my own observations**

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:

My experience at most shops, including CO powersports is that if you ask them for a better price you will usually get one.

Makes good buisness sense to have a high markup so that you make a lot of money off of your uneducated buyers. But have the flexibility that you can give deals to the educated consumer who asks, or to the regular that you would like to see in again.

I myself am not much of one for hagling. But I love convenience. So if I can go into a local shop and ask them to match a price I found and they will, I am happy as hell. Unfortunately none of the shops around here stock much of anything, so I usually just buy my stuff off the net.

They did drop the price but unfortunately cant match from 40.00 to 25.0 cause its below their cost. So I did get some money off but I didnt feel any better about it or like I got a deal.

I see your point though. To bad I needed them right away or I would have just got them online. No brakes = I die!! haha

I wondeer if this way of biz really pays off considering how many customers dont come back instead of those who pay the full price? I know there are some like me who spend every extra buck on their bike and from now on will be doing it some where else.

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors: