Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: BunBurner Gold Insanity

Harry -- wow, a 5 gallon tank.... I will not follow too close. I have a comfortable range of 300 miles. Trying to get the Bus at 200 would tap out the main tank so every 5th fill of the main will require an aux fill. Whatever... let's layout our fuel stops and witness plans!
    Ron -- JB weld and Super Glue !!! both ride in my tank bag. I hope your test proved to be successful.

I'm still tweaking my chain-oiler. Trying to find the "sweet-spot" where the chain is "wet" while leaving the tyre clean of lube.

51 days to go (or so)
    Bus Henry
    "its boxy, its fast..."

iba#14410 -- 1kss, bbg, 50cc, 2kss, 3kss and b2b_insanity completed -- it has been 4 years.
    UPDATE bbg_insanity will run somewhere btwn APR-JUN 09

My brother and I did coast to coast last year (Washington state to Virginia) in 50 hours. He was on a CBR 1000 and I on my GSX-R 1000. That includes cat nap time and stopping for some bad rain near St Louis.

We were tired when we got there, but we didn't think it was that big of a deal until we started talking to some iron butt guys that were at VIR for the AMA races. I wish we would have kept receipts and so forth.

My best day on the 05 GSX-R is 1600 miles and on my old 04 R1 was 1300.

My GSX-R now has close to 30K miles on it but I had to take some time off from riding it for about 5 months for work.

It hit 25K miles even at the R2SL event.

Stopping for fuel every 180-240 miles (yes I got over 240 miles out of a few stock tanks on the GSX-R) and lubing the chain every 3rd tank full was a bit of a pain.

I envy you guys...it sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to do this ride but will be headed back to Washington state and have other obligations.

HAVE FUN!!!

Re: BunBurner Gold Insanity

Let's do this then!

Route?? I've already stated my preferance a while back, & feel we can get a witness in Billings.
    Or...
    If you want a guaranteed mid-point witness, & place to crash for a few hours, I've got people in LA;Toledo/Canton, Houston & Phoenix-Dietrich,(assuming he's done getting married & birthing a baby). If we chose the later, we should not be pressured to arrive 1500 miles later @ an exact time & we'd have a place to sleep.

We should get this figured out pronto as I'll be unavailable from 6/29-7/17.

I can meet up tomorrow to discuss mid-morning-PRN.

hello Harry and Ron,
    Could we hook up someplace to talk about these route options maybe this coming weekend ??? I was committed last Sunday; I tried to call but no connection... I have a slow laptop with MS S&T. destination ??? N, S, E, W ---- i don't care! I'm concerned about good roads, available fuel, witness availability, and a picnic table to crash on!!! 40 some days to go!!
    Busa-boy (it's all I got)
    "its boxy, its fast..."

iba#14410 -- 1kss, bbg, 50cc, 2kss, 3kss and b2b_insanity completed -- it has been 4 years.

I can meet Sunday.
    Palmer Lake; Woodland Park; Bucksnort?
    I'll throw a tentative time out- 11AM?

I think my priorities have just changed.. I sent Yamaha a picture of my bike parked in front of the Artic Circle sign in Alaska. They posted it on their web as a Contest Winner. Yahoo!, wifey and I are going to the MotoGP courtesy of Yamaha.

Down side is that with my ride in Nevada the first of July and this towards the end, my time will be tapped out for a while. I'm going to put the BBG3K on hold for a while...

well, that's a fine "how-de-do!!!! congratualations!!
    As for moi ---- well, I've got a notice that DCSD wants me to do something other than work starting next Weds(6/21) thru the 4th of July. can anyone else spare 3 (maybe 4) days in that time frame. if i can't work it, i might as well enjoy it...... anybody ???
    "its boxy, its fast..."

& then thre were 2...Deja view?

HT, ahem...I think with all the latest developments including the fact that I know you'd prefer to roll > than my current range we should also place this on hold?

I know my boss wants me to do some work in Steamboat that weekend. I've put off commiting to him as this ride came 1st, but, it's not looking too good now.

Let's plan something a little less intense, perhaps over a 4 day Labor Day weekend. I'd certainly be up for capturing @ least a new state pin & or Yellowstone. However, I'd like to know about this sooner than later as I already have a camping reservation, but would be willing to change those dates.

I'm riding with a chopper-chick Sunday on her free,(won from a radio station) $70K chopper! If you want to roll, you know how to reach me.

BTW, congrats Ron, that's pretty cool!