Thread: Finally getting some decent gear, look and give opinions

Finally getting some decent gear, look and give opinions

so i decided, that with the new bike, calls for some summer duds!!!! I went online shopping, since my big ass cant find anything locally, and thought id throw out what im looking at and ask some opinions.

One thing i need to mention is my chest is like 60" or so, and my waist is 48" or so, and for the most part, ill be wearing the pants over work pants or jeans. So its not only hard to find shit online, but its next to impossible to find it in town.

Jacket: (in black) http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_...acket_page.htm

Pants: (in black) http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_...pants_page.htm

Gloves: (in black) http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_...loves_page.htm

They make u ask for pricing, so to save some time:

Jacket: $199
    Pants: $138.53
    Gloves: $49

so just under 400 for all that, i didnt think it was a bad price for a full "suit" sans helmet, but i already got a decent helmet.

So waddya think? That was basically the best thing i could find in my size.... i wish the jacket came in tall sizes, but when i get it, im sure i can have the zipper tailored so that it will zipper to the pants when im hunched over the bike.

side notes, im planning on putting a large Hayabusa patch (if i can find one) on the back, and a couple small ones on the upper arm areas.

06 DR650SE

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Finally getting some decent gear, look and give opinions

I have a reactor jacket and like it. One bad thing about mesh jackets is that when bugs "splat" in them it's hard to get them clean again. The nice thing about the Reactor is that the sleeves are leather, and they are much easier to clean up.

The pants and jacket you specify should already have zippers built into them so that they zip together in back. The zipper goes right across the back of the jacket and is about 4" long.

I can't say enough good things about New Enough. It is simply the finest online shopping experience I've ever had. When I've had problems with sizing they've taken the items back, no questions asked and refunded the money promptly. When I've had questions about sizing they've answered them quickly and knowledgably.

Congrats on the new bike and the soon to be new gear.

Scott

Those mesh pants won't offer any protection, they are very loose so the padding (not much) will not stay in place. They won't even keep you pants underneath clean due to being a loose mesh. More of a PIA to put on than any benefit.

Re: Finally getting some decent gear, look and give opinions

well, im headed out for a ride today and figured id better get at least a jacket.... so i went to apex and bought the biggest freakin jacket they had. Its a "First Racing" jacket, black mesh/textile, removable liner, adjustment straps in the forarms and the waist, CE approved padding in all the right places.... so i guess im good with it.

anyone have any comments about first racing apparel?

06 DR650SE