Thread: Login Problem (and what to do) - Affects New Users - FIXED

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Login Problem (and what to do) - Affects New Users - FIXED

This started happening recently - not sure of the cause yet, but just so people know, new users, after activating their registration, will get the following (or some variation of it) when they try to log in (this is the symptom):

[hr:17e5eecdd7]
    Information

Sorry, it appears this is your first visit since we added some required fields to the system.
    Once you update the fields marked with *, you will be able to enjoy the whole site.
    Thanks!

Click on the fieldnames below to complete them:
    The Field "Security Answer" is required
    The Field "Security Question" is required
    The Field "Country Flag" is required
    The Field "Rules" is required
    The Field "Birthday" is required
    [hr:17e5eecdd7]
    People who haven't logged in for a few months will also get the above message.

This is the problem:Clicking on any of the links does nothing - just redisplays the above errors, and doesn't let you do anything.

Update 5/10 - the problem has been fixed (clicking on any of the links will bring you to your profile page so you can fill in the required fields).

If you encounter this problem, please let me know. I can populate those fields with random values so you can log in. Once logged in, you can change them.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

How long is "reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally" long?

In this particular case, I believe it's anytime before January 30th, when the site got upgraded.
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
    R.I.P. 502

Board Newbie

Re: Site Login Problem (and what to do) - Affects New Users

I am that rrreeeeellllyyy lllloooonnngg time guy, seeing as Schriever AFB blocked the site, I don't remember when it was. I guess they wanted us to quit screwing around. Idiots, like we actually had the time. Shoot the only time I visited then was on lunch. Home computers rule!!!
    A little rebellion now and then is a good thing. - Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Board Newbie
    Thanks, your log-in instrutions worked perfectly.

Regards,

Mtn

FYI - this is still a problem. I was hoping to have it fixed by now, but I've been pretty busy. I've made this back into a global announcemen.
    R.I.P. 502

The problem has been fixed!

I'm going to leave this as an announcement for a couple of more days just in case there are still some problems I didn't catch in my testing. If anybody still has this problem, please let me know.
    R.I.P. 502