Thread: Need leathers

Board Newbie

Need leathers

I'm dying to do a track day but dont have any leathers. And I don't want to drop $500+ on some and end up not liking the track (doubtful but possible) Would anyone be willing to lend me a set of leathers at a track day? thanks all.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar
    Size?
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    Would help if ya listed up your size (or dimensions) so that you can hopefully get matched with someone who is a similar size.
    Also, check out eBay...I picked up a set of leathers matched to my bike in a size 44 (which is a common size) for under $200....
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

You'll love the track, believe me. You can find leathers all over the place. If I were you I'd just buy a good set. "IF" you don't like the track, you'll always have them for canyon riding as well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Board Newbie
    i'm not sure my size, im probably gonna go to performance cycle and try some on tomorrow though. the problem is not only i dont wanna buy em yet but i dont have the money for a set right now.

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weigh?
    What's your waist size?

These are the basic things needed to get you into the ballpark.

Here's the sizing chart I used when I was shopping for my first suit (which was an AGV): http://www.agvsport.com/2003/2003/1p...gis/sizing.htm
    It's not perfect, but it gives you a rough idea. For example, I bought size 46 thinking they'd be snug, but they were pretty spot-on (a 45 would've probably been perfect if they made it). My new leathers are Komodo, and a size 44 fits me perfectly!!! Here's the Komodo sizing chart: http://www.komodogear.com/sizing_leathers.html

Hope this helps.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.