Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HEADS UP-Anyone that rides Hwy 67 (Deckers)

oh yeah and dangerous!
    Proud Sponsor/pit crew to: -PUCK-MRA #719
    R.I.P 502

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar
    This road began sucking about ten years ago.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

agreed. when i first moved out here it was sweet. maybe my first beemer was just so fast people started complaining.... :hmmmm:

Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Currently bikeless, but will be BMW shopping again come springtime.

Re: HEADS UP-Anyone that rides Hwy 67 (Deckers)

Met sfarson in Deckers Sunday…nice to meet ya!

Yep…saw the Jeffco Deputy Sheriff in the Ford (black/white) truck and ATV in the back. Even waved at him exiting out of a turn…no reaction from the officer. It’s still amazing to me every time I ride by where a forest use to be…(Hayman Fire)

Since I snoozed pass the departure time for Peak to Peak with CSC (10am), I road with the MHM crowd (11am). One newbie experienced WAY too much in a day. Jeff (newbie) dropped his R6 at the stop sign while looking behind him in Turkey Creek, (penalty of stopping on sand). A few scratches on the generator casing were all that occurred.
    Back at the Conoco station, while Jeff was spinning the R6 on the kickstand, Jeff’s helmet fell off the mirror and broke the visor attachment on one side. Fortunately Jeff was wearing sunglasses too.
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    mHm even has the same meeting spot (albeit different time) as CSC now?
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them
    you know what they say mel...if you can't beat em join em...or at least try to pick up some of the leftovers!

Dapper is a leftover
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

Obviously there’s no profiling on my side…
    The only thing I feel that’s silly is how you must post once in a month on MHM to keep the member name active. Whatever!

Kinda funny how MHM riding rules incorporate similar riding signals used by the CSC.
    I don’t understand why the front rider taps the top of his helmet directly in front of the cop. Defeats the heads-up warning when the danger is already there.

Edit: added "in" for effective jibber jabber.
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath

We have been going to Morrison gas station for sometime. We only go there when we want to do a run up Deckers. Tapping our helmet infront of the cop? Hmmmmmm, not sure who started that, don't care, it is a good signal and it works so we use it as well. Your right doing infront of the cop isn't the best way to go. Posting once a month to keep your account active. I thought I already explained this to you? I guess you weren't listening to good. Once and for all, you ONLY have to post once within the first 30 days. This way we can keep on top of who all is actually interested in the club or the forum itself. We don't like having dead beat accounts that do nothing!
    It was nice to ride with you Danny. I hope we were ok for your CSC standards. Don't know why there has to be any type of issues between mHm and CSC. Like mHm does this, and CSC does that. We all share one thing, "RIDING" why can't we just leave it at that?
    Yes Jeff on his R6 let his bike drop. I didn't see it though. Its all about learning I guess. I thought the day was great, we all got a long just fine, and had a lot of fun riding! Danny, you should get your other mirror on your bike.
    My personal site: www.myspace.com/eaheer

It’s been a pleasure riding with you Anthony and the rest of the MHM peeps. I had a very nice time and hopefully we could ride again, soon. Thanks for the warm welcome and safe ride last Sunday too.

OMG! I shall not debate on cynical issues, including the spelling of my name.
    I am not making a personal attack on anyone, hints my footer. It’s not worth it grasshopper! I feel it’s best to be objective and avoid wasting precious time.
    Thanks for the kind input on my mirror!

I would like to take this moment to enlighten those that may not be aware of two, not so unique items. The first one would be the abbreviation: PM. PM is the abbreviation of “personal message”. The second item is Profile. The “Profile” of a person will have the PM button to click and information regarding the person(s) you’re viewing, such as their name. Thanks for viewing my reply.

:P

Right on man! It was a nice ride will do it again sometime!

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhL0aTeR";p="269450
    So THATS why i havent been able to stay within the speed limit...... should have been a disclaimer sticker on the tank.... lol
    How could you miss it?

Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Spiderman, I think you have a lot of time on your hands... LOL

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar
    Not this time - my memory helped me out - that was the Photo of the Week for March 31st, 2003.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Quote Originally Posted by eaheer";p="269761
    Posting once a month to keep your account active. I thought I already explained this to you? I guess you weren't listening to good. Once and for all, you ONLY have to post once within the first 30 days. This way we can keep on top of who all is actually interested in the club or the forum itself. We don't like having dead beat accounts that do nothing!
    Versus those who join and when we don't post pictures of us doing wheelies get locked out. Gee, how fair and reasonable. And then we sign up for the Vegas trip and what happens? Why..it gets cancelled right out from underneath us after we make reservations and all the rest of it.

It would be a bad joke if it weren't true.

Quote Originally Posted by dapper";p="269505
    Met sfarson in Deckers Sunday…nice to meet ya!

Yep…saw the Jeffco Deputy Sheriff in the Ford (black/white) truck and ATV in the back. Even waved at him exiting out of a turn…no reaction from the officer. It’s still amazing to me every time I ride by where a forest use to be…(Hayman Fire)
    Dapper, good to meet you as well. Was able to get some good video to and from Deckers. Hope to connect on a ride one of these days.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by onepoorstunna";p="269878
    Quote Originally Posted by eaheer";p="269761
    Posting once a month to keep your account active. I thought I already explained this to you? I guess you weren't listening to good. Once and for all, you ONLY have to post once within the first 30 days. This way we can keep on top of who all is actually interested in the club or the forum itself. We don't like having dead beat accounts that do nothing!
    Versus those who join and when we don't post pictures of us doing wheelies get locked out. Gee, how fair and reasonable. And then we sign up for the Vegas trip and what happens? Why..it gets cancelled right out from underneath us after we make reservations and all the rest of it.

It would be a bad joke if it weren't true.
    I apologize about the vegas cancel. We are still working on the details of that trip. The weather was playing a roll in this event, as well as people going. I understand how you must feel with the cancelation of the Vegas trip, all I can do is apologize. I for one was ready to go no matter what.
    Versus those who join and when we don't post pictures of us doing wheelies get locked out.
    I have no clue what your talking about? I guess I am just confused?

Another warning about Deckers is you get a ticket on the south side of it, then you will have to go all the way to Cripple Creek courthouse to fight it: or like me a mandatory appearence.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog";p="269917
    Another warning about Deckers is you get a ticket on the south side of it, then you will have to go all the way to Central City courthouse to fight it: or like me a mandatory appearence.
    WOW that totally sucks. Is Deckers not a good place to ride anymore? Any suggestions to go other places? I also heard there is Harley cop bikes that are unmarked at Deckers now.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Another warning about Deckers is you get a ticket on the south side of it, then you will have to go all the way to Central City courthouse to fight it: or like me a mandatory appearence.
    That would be Teller County and Cripple Creek --- just like Central City both have gaming. Still a far away place to talk to a judge and whip out your checkbook
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja";p="269921
    That would be Teller County and Cripple Creek --- just like Central City both have gaming. Still a far away place to talk to a judge and whip out your checkbook
    Ooops, must have been asleep this morning. Thanks for the correction..... Yup was about a 2hour drive just to write a check and get told how much they hate sportbike riders and how they are cracking down on "my kind" or as they also like to put it "organ donars".....

Quote Originally Posted by eaheer";p="269919
    Is Deckers not a good place to ride anymore?
    Not if you break the speed limit :P If you don't speed then it is a great ride with lots of twisties and double lanes in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog";p="269932
    Quote Originally Posted by eaheer";p="269919
    Is Deckers not a good place to ride anymore?
    Not if you break the speed limit :P If you don't speed then it is a great ride with lots of twisties and double lanes in some places.
    Ok well it is a fun ride. I like to go somewhat fast thru the twisties though.... Hmmmmmmm any other areas where we can ride with a little speed behind us? I know the track is great place. Can’t afford the tires every week though. It is nice to just get out in the canyons and tear it up so to speak.

67 has to be the most patrolled canyon I can think of... When my father was learning to ride years ago, I was on a sportbike he was on a clapped out beginner 30 year old XS650 and they nabbed him for going 10mph over, we talked the officer down to a warning, countless sportbikes flew past us... odd... contable pulled over the slowed guy on the road that day... we are always on the watch on that particular road...

'02 Ducati 998 Bip
    '99 BMW R1100GS
    '03 Piaggio LT50