Thread: Best local track...???

Best local track...???

New to Aurora, CO......

I see from the site that there are 3-4 tracks in the state: Pueblo, Bandimere, La Junta, etc.

Which tracks are the best? And which one's are the closest? I've already got some info on the Pueblo track, but not the others.

I'm fairly new also, but have ridden Pueblo and La Junta back to back. Pueblo in my opinion is much more fun, and as a bonus it's an hour closer. Only pro to La Junta is price -- $25 for all day! Pueblo is typically $75. Never heard of Bandimere....

Where'd you move from?
    Paul G.
    2005 R1

Quote Originally Posted by pg_rider";p="272359
    I'm fairly new also, but have ridden Pueblo and La Junta back to back. Pueblo in my opinion is much more fun, and as a bonus it's an hour closer. Only pro to La Junta is price -- $25 for all day! Pueblo is typically $75. Never heard of Bandimere....

Where'd you move from?
    Bandimere is a drag strip
    Gene Bazyl
    MRA, ASMA #502
    AMA SS & FX #503

they have a go-kart track tho! My girl Corie that has an NSR50 says that it's like a MotoGP track when she's on that thing.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar
    Pueblo and La Junta are the only two actual road courses here right now. IMI sorta counts, if you like staying in 2nd gear the whole time. My vote is Pueblo.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Bandimere is just a drag strip, you wouldn't want to run it unless you are looking for 1/4 miles times..

There is actually IMI or Erie near Ft. Collins. Not sure what the prices are to run it. Your best bets are La Junta and PMI.

Both tracks have their pros and cons. I liked La Junta because of its high speed and it was a change from PMI. Its small though 1.5mile 7 turns. 6 right, 1 left. At least that's what its listed as.

PMI is 2.25 mile bigger track meaning more turns. 10 turns total, and a huge front straight. Both tracks are hard on the right side of the tire.

La Junta is $25 for all day, only about another hour further then PMI. Its well worth the drive.

PMI is $50 for half day, $75 for full. Only about 35-40 minutes away from leaving Colorado Springs. Not sure how long it would take you from Aurora.

I'd recommend hitting both of them. Great tracks, plus you get to run more then one track...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: Best local track...???

without question... pueblo.

But if your counting IMI in there, dont forget the new one... but I doubt bikes are even allowed.

www.thetrack.us

lel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

The new track by the airport!...Supermoto here I come! Has anyone asked if bikes can run on it?