Hello all,

I don't normally post much, but I feel compelled to in this situation. I recently bought a 2003 CBR600RR from Fay Myers about a month ago. I went in there looking for a smoking deal... and thought I got it. I walked out of there with what I thought at the time was all fees and all taxes included for about 8600. I clearly expressed to the sales guy that I was agreeing to the price under the stipulation that included everything (ie... all taxes and all fees). He acknowledged that was indeed the case. Well how could I pass on that... right? I walked out of there with a smile on my face thinking I just got a steal.

Unfortunately reality set in yesterday as I went in to finally pick up my registration and title. I thought I was going to have to cough up about $150 for all fees. You can imagine my surprise when the clerk dropped a 470 dollar bomb on me. I was informed that the $313 in city/county taxes was still owed after I had been told all taxes had been paid in full. Begrudgingly I paid it. Upon getting home I dug up the contract... and low n' behold there was a big fat $0 under that column. SOB's!!!! Funny that was never pointed out when the sales guy went over the contract with me. I did realize taxes had been paid then... but to my discredit I did not pay attention to which ones. Furthermore, it is ironic how it was not explained that in a cash paid in full situation... the dealership does not pay the city/county taxes. Yet they lead me to believe all tax payments were satisfied. Can you say SCAM!!!!!! They knew I was looking for a certain price and couldn't get it for me straight up. Instead they chose to manipulate the numbers on the contract to reflect a favorable price and then withheld the information about the taxes to influence me to buy the bike. Talk about a bunch of scum bags. When I went to the store to inquire into the matter I was given a half-ass explanation about how that is always the case in a cash in full situation and that they are not obliged to explain that to the customer. The sales manager also brought out the price work-up sheet which included on it: my oringinal offer, their counter, and the agreed upon price. Under the final price there was a note that read... split tax. Well... I was informed that the note meant that they split the tax with me to get me such a great price. Let me ask then how is it that to this date I have paid all the taxes on the bike. All I'm paying for is a bunch of BS freight and set-up charges in my opinion.

Well... I left the store with the sales manager stating that they weren't going to pay my taxes... and that they will be just fine without my business. Needless to say they offered NOTHING to resolve the situation. All this to a repeat customer. Bought my 2K Gixxer 750 brand new there at MSRP. Good attitude Fay Myers!

So the moral of the story boys and girls is to have these sleezy sales people explain each detail of the contract to you... especially which taxes are being paid at the time of purchase and which at the time of registration. Also... get the statement "out the door with all fees and all taxes included" in writing from your dealership. If you don't there is liable to be a nice little surprise for you down the line.

In conclusion... if you liked to get ripped off and pay way beyond cost for your motorcycles and parts... Fay Myers is the place for you. They will not be getting any future business from me, nor from my fiancee who is looking at upgrading to an 04' Gixxer 600 sometime this year. Way to go Fay Myers! You may have been around since 1948, but your aptness for accidents and your arrogant attitude may not get you past 2008. You've won my seal of disapproval.

PS... I knew I should have listened to BlueDevil and went to Sun instead. Damn you! I did take your advice and file complaints with both BBB & Tom Martino. We'll see if that resolves anything. I'm not holding my breath though.