Thread: Motorcycle maintenance classes?

Member Lifetime Supporter rhicks's Avatar

Motorcycle maintenance classes?

Does anyone know of good maintenance classes in the Denver area? I am interested in learning basic maintenance such as oil change, brake bleeding, and various filter changes to start. Other areas offer classes (puget sound safety in WA for one). It would be great if we had something in this area that is good for learning the basics.

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    I dunno, but WyoTech offers some great classes, as does like DADC...dunno how many motorcycle classes they have, but both are decent school for mechanics.

If you are just wanting to learn things like oil, brakes, filters, there are several people on here who can help ya out...I usually just get my bike(s) home and take them apart for like the first week (that is what I have done with both my bikes). If you get desperate and the boys won't help ya out (and you don't find classes) I can try and play nicely for a night and help ya out.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Yeah, just wait til bout a week b4 you need to do something...post up and you'll get plenty of responses...

I can um...change oil...and the air filter, some electrical..ooh and I can clean a chain...that's bout it
    It's a celebration bitches!!! - RIP 502

Motos:
    2003 SV1000N - Dual Yosh RS3 CF Exhaust ••••• 09' Aprilia SR50 (Wife's) ••••• 93' ZX-11 - Sold after 43k Miles
    Cars:
    08' Audi S5 6MT •••• 10' VW TDI Cup Edition 6MT •••• 02' VW TDI Beetle 5MT •••• 07' Ford Explorer

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar
    I'm trying to set something up with our new official dealership... Stay tuned!
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

There will be a bike tech workshop at Erico Motorsports tomorrow night at 6pm! 2855 Walnut St downtown.
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

Quote Originally Posted by Human Toast";p="272854
    There will be a bike tech workshop at Erico Motorsports tomorrow night at 6pm! 2855 Walnut St downtown.

Crap. That's just too soon for me to make this one.
    I'll watch out for others.
    2010 F800GS
    2002 ZX6E (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="272853
    I'm trying to set something up with our new official dealership... Stay tuned!
    Excellent. I hope this is a sticky if something happens.

Thanks Beotch and Stuart. I did manage to get some kerosene and got my chain cleaned and lubed up tonight. I feel a little better now that the gunk is off.
    2010 F800GS
    2002 ZX6E (Sold)

Re: Motorcycle maintenance classes?

I would definately be intersted in this too. I have already changed my Speedometer sensor on my bike and with the service manual that I have am sure I can do a lot more but would like to see it in person. I am more of a visual learner.
    Kevin
    ---------
    '07 Yamaha R6

|-| MRA #28 |-| Proud & Active ABATE Member |-| MSF & MOST Rider Coach |-|

2012 Sponsors:
    |-| ABATE of Colorado |-| Souls Path Hypnosis |-| Talbot Communications |-| Material Grafx |-| Rebellion Motorsports |-| Sol Performance |-| Pirelli|-| Vickery Motorsports |-| Contour |-|