Thread: Easily Offended Bible Thumpers Need Not Watch!!!

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Easily Offended Bible Thumpers Need Not Watch!!!

This is just plain funny IMO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kqqMXWEFs
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Re: Easily Offended Bible Thumpers Need Not Watch!!!

That was funny.

"Samuel L. Jackson as the fiery bush"

I really don't see why anyone would be offended.
    Green '99 ZX-6R
    "Yeah, crazy girls are the best in bed. They're also the most likely to bite off your weiner."

LOL, Now that was some funny sheit!!

http://www.911inplanesite.com/

Support the troops, bring them home

I really don't see why anyone would be offended. [/quote]

They probably wouldn't. Vance is just being sensitive to the easily offended Bible thumpers.
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

Well I know how [strike:c7cd6ce146]you[/strike:c7cd6ce146] those Focus on (Your Own Damn Family PLEASE) the Family people can be sometimes. Hypersenastive of the hypersensative when it comes to something that is outright funny such as this. They'll find SOME way to be offended by it.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar
    The best defense is a good offense.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vance";p="272998
    Well I know how [strike:87bcd3400c]you[/strike:87bcd3400c] those Focus on (Your Own Damn Family PLEASE) the Family people can be sometimes. Hypersenastive of the hypersensative when it comes to something that is outright funny such as this. They'll find SOME way to be offended by it.
    The DaVinci Code and your post make baby Jesus cry!

Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="273001
    Good. That was my goal!

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="273001
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance";p="272998
    Well I know how [strike:1d6ca779d5]you[/strike:1d6ca779d5] those Focus on (Your Own Damn Family PLEASE) the Family people can be sometimes. Hypersenastive of the hypersensative when it comes to something that is outright funny such as this. They'll find SOME way to be offended by it.

The DaVinci Code caused quite a stir, worldwide even. Sci Fi Channel had a pretty good special on it.
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    You know what is really scaring me? This is like the third thread in the last few days where r1chie and Vance have been conversing nicely (and even sticking up for me). Has hell frozen over?
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

DIS-MEMBERED
    (Banned)

soooo an invisible guy in the sky created everything?

in our galaxy and solar system only? hey wait, does each galaxy have its own god?

I bet my dog's ass has its own god and sub universe that we just can't see with the human eye,

and before you complain, get over it,.,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Beotch";p="273017
    You know what is really scaring me? This is like the third thread in the last few days where r1chie and Vance have been conversing nicely (and even sticking up for me). Has hell frozen over?
    Vance and I have ALWAYS conversed nicely, where have you been?

My computer if left on for several billion years will eventually developed a set of instructions that allowed it to preserve itself and eventually become self mobile and getting energy all by itself through random chance. It will begin reproducing at some point and then start adapting all on its own. Where did this computer come from? Well it too took several billion years for all the parts to come together to make is. It is a simple device compared to an Amoeba which has locomotion, feeds itself, shape shifts, all in a small compact body. Now that I understand the nature of the universe, I can move on.

Because I have a painting of an artist who painted a picture of what he thought may have happened and the writings of another religion both came years after the event, I can say with some certainty that Jesus was married and if he wasn't, he was most certainly gay.

I think Morgan Freeman would make a better burning bush, he has already played the part in Bruce almighty.

I vote Bruce Campbell in the role of the burning bush/god.

Its the role he was born for... well... after Elvis in Bubba Ho-Tep

Quote Originally Posted by wolf2007";p="273026
    soooo an invisible guy in the sky created everything?

in our galaxy and solar system only? hey wait, does each galaxy have its own god?

I bet my dog's ass has its own god and sub universe that we just can't see with the human eye,

and before you complain, get over it,.,,,
    There's an amazing story by Asimov (oft considered his best ever) short story so even you ADD people might be able to read this one without getting distracted - called "The Last Question." I won't ruin it for you - but along this train of thought its well worth the read.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar
    INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja";p="273043
    INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER
    Nick knows where the story goes!

DIS-MEMBERED
    (Banned)

yeah I have read my share of sci fi, Farmer wrote some good stuff too, its not all about asimov, there are OTHER sci writers out there. USA made a movie based on Riverworld by farmer, it was not too bad, low budget, but good.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf2007";p="273097
    yeah I have read my share of sci fi, Farmer wrote some good stuff too, its not all about asimov, there are OTHER sci writers out there. USA made a movie based on Riverworld by farmer, it was not too bad, low budget, but good.
    By no means am I saying it is all about Asimov... just noting that story in particular in reference to this thread. Point in fact Asimov translates HORRIBLY onto screen. Philip K. Dick on the other hand... now that stuff is brilliant (when translated properly) for the big screen.