Thread: Black Canyon is looking good again this weekend

Black Canyon is looking good again this weekend

I would really like to do another trip through Black Canyon. Had way too much fun on last trip. Anyone up for another overnight trip or would you like to try leaving early (depart 07:00 ) and get back same day?

Anyone else have some thoughts?

Mark

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar
    You can do it in a day --- a very long day
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

a VEERRRY long day in the Ducati saddle!

But I'm game.

Out 285 to Independence. Flip a U-Turn at Blue Mesa? Back over Independence, but return through Leadville and Loveland Pass.

Anyone know the total mileage?
    The older I get the faster I was!

Re: Black Canyon is looking good again this weekend

17 + miles!!!!

2006 ZX-14 RED Sold
    2008 ZX-14 Midnight Sapphire Blue Metallic (Almost black)

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar
    I have been doing a loop out of CS twice a year out to the Black Canyon thru Aspen.The mileage is right @ 500.Nothing on the Front Range even comes close to that road or the one over McClure Pass down into Paonia.Last year I had two guys that couldn't feel thier fingers for 3 days after the ride.Complaints about not enough straights to rest,wrists hurting,butts sore,and the three older guys leaving them.It really doesn't get much better than that for me.
    Late Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Nat your speedo's on the front tire. You have to keep that ZX-14's front down to add up miles accurately .

315 miles out via Morrison/285 / Independence to Sapinero
    310 miles return via Independence/I-70/Loveland Pass/I-70/Morrison

Mapquest says about 12 hours. I assume that's at the posted speed limit .

The Busa parts will be properly smothed and colored for pick up on Saturday. Anyone want to try this on Sunday? I'll Put the beast back together on Saturday. Wouldn't dream of this on the Duc in one day.

Or do an overnight with differend routes and leave on Saturday at a reasonable hour.

Game on. Who's in?

Bash and CS group we could meet at Johnson Village .

Bash,
    I just noticed you work at Morse. How are the Orange Busa Parts coming along? Any chance to pick up on Friday after work? Then I could have her put back together and ready for Saturday AM?
    The older I get the faster I was!

I was just guessing-I guess!!

Don't think I can do this weekend.

Nat
    2006 ZX-14 RED Sold
    2008 ZX-14 Midnight Sapphire Blue Metallic (Almost black)

The Grand Mesa and HW141 come close but 92 is arguably the best 50-mile piece of pavement in the state. Make a two-day trip out of it and stay in Cedaredge. The Grand Mesa on a Monday morning is worth it!
    John
    KTM Duke 690