Quote Originally Posted by Bat
Not MC related but hell almost no one in my neighborhood rode...except for the guy across the street who would come home to visit his family on some crusty old Harley - was half in love with the guy...never even spoke to him, lol.

Mmmmmm, muscle cars...huge, gas-guzzling, downright sexy beasts of machines. No air bags or crush zones, hoping ya didn't hit one of those little "foreign" cars and carve it right in half.

Waiting in line for gas. Learning to drive my mom's Monte Carlo - racing my girlfriend's Mom's T-Bird and trying to get behind the wheel of her brother's 442 by promising to "take it for a wash".

Blasting the 8-track tapes on some really weirdly rigged, home-made box, speaker systems, lol. Packing insane amounts of friends into the cars and going to midnight movie marathons at the drive-in.

Albums, 45's and $6 concerts. 35 cents for a pack of smokes when I could barely see over the counter (yeah, I've ALWAYS been short, lol).

No VCRs, no cable - going to the beautiful old theaters downtown (KC) with the velvet curtains that closed over the screen and the balconies to watch a movie and cool off in the dog days of summer. Hanging at the skating rink or the bowling alley - just to be in air conditioning.

Getting banged to hell on Slip 'N Slides (no one had pools or AC at home - that was for "rich" folks) and having water fights with the hoses.

And, hell no, I'm not old, babies - I am in my PRIME!

lol
You sort of made me wish I'd had your adolescence instead of mine.

All of that sounds fun.

Lee