Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back in the day…

Re: Back in the day…

Yea, kick starts, petcocks and running out of gas in an intersection, 3/4 helmets, combat boots, solidarity instead of waves, fixing a bike on the side of the road with bailing wire and twine, rejetting, flooded carbs, drum brakes, vetters with car radios and garbage bag plastic over the speakers so they didn't get wet, field jackets, laundry bag/duffle bag instead of hard lockable luggage, rope to tie things to the bike...

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by R1chie
    How about TV, childrens TV, Sid and Marty Croft? They let 70's druggies write childrens trip TV. HR Puffin Stuff, LidsVille, Sigmund and the Sea munster. Wow, those were the days
    How about that chic Joy on the Bugaloos... Now she was hot...

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    How about that chic Joy on the Bugaloos... Now she was hot...
    I though so too when I was a kid, funny how time clouds the memory. Now she looks like a child http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZcDXxytYNY

After watching some of the other TV themes I use to watch, I now realize that time not only heals us from hurtful memories, it also heals us from awful tv we watched as children.
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Does anyone remember the big wheel and the sit and spin?
    LOL, they even used to have "organized" big wheel races (my dad always entered me in them).

Did ya know, they STILL make the sit-n-spin? They are about 1/3 the weight of the ones I remember, and they now light up and play music (I bought one for my daughter).
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Quote Originally Posted by Beotch
    LOL, they even used to have "organized" big wheel races (my dad always entered me in them).

Did ya know, they STILL make the sit-n-spin? They are about 1/3 the weight of the ones I remember, and they now light up and play music (I bought one for my daughter).
    I remember the races we would have to the bottom of the street, we had a steep street, so much so everyone would come to ride toys or snow sled down it in the winterThis was even more fun. KrazyKar, I liked this even more than the Big Wheel. Looking back I was quite spoiled.
    "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing....What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

There were the SSTs. I owned a detonator and smash up derby set. There was the screamin deamon motorcyles that used the same zip cord system, I owned one of those as well.

Relive your childhood and watch these SST ads.
    http://www.devilducky.com/media/47689/

I also had a bing bang bong, I think it was one of my favorites
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z00WrgIdcio

Toys rocked back then. While kids now day spend hours on the game cube or PSP toys back then made you think and do something. Those were the days. (I cannot believe I am that old saying the same thing my father said)

My brother had a Dt175 and my first dirt bike was an IT250. My brother would not ride with me because he said I hurt him. I did not understand the concept of roosting another rider with wheel spin.. I didn't even know I was spinning the wheel.
    That's not it Rich. The thing I had was just a wheel with a rubber tire about 6" diameter, can't quite remember exactly how it launched aside from the zip cord. I do remember it would fly clear across our cul-de-sac and ricochet off whatever was in the way (like neighbor's cars).
    The new version are called "Fly Wheels" see:http://www.jakkspacific.com/construc...page=flywheels
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

Getting my motorcycle license at age 14.

Motocross bikes with dual rear shocks and 3" of suspension.

Amal Carburetors and ticklers.

Cushman Scooters at age 5.

PreMix on 2 stroke street bikes.

The smell of burning Castrol. (caster oil)

Coal Creek Raceways.

The old VW micro bus as a bike hauler. (re: the magic bus or "Z" bus)

Bell open face helmets and hiking boots for MX.

And on, and on.

Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

My entire line of Evil Knevil toys. I had a bike (with training wheels) and the launching ramp with the wheel you turned on the side to get it spinning and luanched it, ot you could use the T- Handle and pull it
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...