Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Update on Gene Bazyl - see page 10

Re: Update on Gene Bazyl - see page 10

I have never felt compelled to post on these boards in the past but
    when Dion told me about Gene this morning, I automatuically had a pit in my stomach which I have not been able to get rid of all day.

Gene has been in my prayers every night since his accident and I feel absolutely destroyed that his life has come to an end. He was truly an amazing person with a huge heart and a smile to match and has made a lasting impression on not only my life but clearly many peoples lives.

I was not nearly as close to him as some of you ( his fellow riders) and close friends but I do feel deeply hurt by his passing and only wish I had the oppotunity to get to know him better.

Although I realize this is no comfort to anyone at this time he is with god and not in pain any longer, he will watch over all of us and be there in spirit whenever you need him! Only time can heal these wounds, cherish the time you had with him, your memories can help get you through.

Please let us know if we can do anything to help.

Rest In Peace Gene! You will never be forgotten

Jennifer (#225 Dion's girl)

I am deeply saddened to hear this news. R.I.P. Gene. You will be deeply missed and our lives will not be the same without you. Thank you for all you have done. You have touched so many people is so many ways.

I too would be interested in riding to the funeral. I too ask that the information be given on the arrangements and as long as the family is ok with us riding. I think it would be a great tribute to a wonderful person.

Shane
    01 R1 Champs Ed

I only got a chance to read the first page before I left on vacation. Gene was in my thoughts and prayers all the time. I was finally able to read all of this today and was obviously very disappointed and discouraged. Then I had change of heart, after reading page after page after page of how Gene effected so many people, including myself. It was extremely uplifting to realize that anyone can have such a positive influence an such an incredibly large and diverse group of people.

Gene was obviously selfless, caring, generous, free spirited, and just a good ol' boy that I was able to call a friend.

I will attend the funeral to pay my respects. The family will be too pre-occupied and its never a good time to say what you would like to someone you don't have a personal relationship with. While nothing could possibly still my heart after the loss of one of my two children... I would like them to know that their son/brother has had an incredibly positive effect on my life. Reading these pages as I hope they do would certainly make me proud.

Gene was a good man. He will certainly be missed, and not forgotten.
    The older I get the faster I was!

While this hasn't exactly been discussed, I'm going to make an executive decision and say that it might not be best to ride.

If you've got no other transportation, of course, ride, but I would encourage you to respect his parents feelings at this sensitive time.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

I too, even though I met you only once, felt your enthusiasm for life & racing. I'm sure your spirit will live on in others. Thank you for the memories. RIP brother!
    Let's try this again!

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny
    While this hasn't exactly been discussed, I'm going to make an executive decision and say that it might not be best to ride.

If you've got no other transportation, of course, ride, but I would encourage you to respect his parents feelings at this sensitive time.
    Jenny, I agree 100%, and when the funeral arrangements are made public, I would suggest you put that into the post/thread about it.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

I was going to post this
    Yes, his Dad isn't exactly happy with motorcycles at the moment, which I'm sure you'll understand why.
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

RIP, Gene. You are in a better place now.

Even though I never go tto meet Gene, I am reading these posts with a tear in my eye.
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

Board Newbie

I know i never meet Gene, he sounds like he was a wonderful person and i wish the best of luck for his family and close friends.. He is in a better place and im just glade he went doing what he loved most..

Ok Jenny, I can respect any parents feelings and wishes. Although none of us knew how his parents felt about motorcycles until now.

This is sad news, my prayers are with his family, Godspeed Gene!
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AshliRider44
    I was going to post this
    Yes, his Dad isn't exactly happy with motorcycles at the moment, which I'm sure you'll understand why.
    Even though I understand 'why' ------- I ride --- so therefore I will. Or I'll send a card.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I wish I'd had the opportunity to get to know Gene better while he was still with us.

RIP Gene. You will be missed greatly
    Jon

with Lee's comment on diminished I couldn't help but post this short excerpt from a Jon Donne meditation.

"The bell doth toll for him that thinks it doth; and though it intermit again, yet from that minute that that occasion wrought upon him, he is united to God. Who casts not up his eye to the sun when it rises? but who takes off his eye from a comet when that breaks out? Who bends not his ear to any bell which upon any occasion rings? but who can remove it from that bell which is passing a piece of himself out of this world?

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

I never had the pleasant chance of ever meeting Gene face to face. I've only seen him at a track day or two. I know this is a extremely horrific time for alot of people on the board. From what I've gathered many of you were very close to Gene.

Words cannot describe the anguish and desperation you feel at this moment in time. Having lost a few people close to myself in the past, I know the utter sadness the heart feels. It seems as though the whole world has stopped for a moment, it ceases to spin and all you can think of is the now. You can never make sense of these situations until the aftermath settles and you can then think clearly once more.

The only solice in this is that Gene is no longer suffering and in pain. He put up a valiant fight and I know that the Lord was with him every step of the way. Now God walks him to the grave, where he places Gene's angel to watch over him. Now where he may go and sleep the sleep of peace.

Requiescat In Pace Gene.....

I am left diminished as well............
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

So sad... Gene was such a great guy in the short time Deb and I knew him. With us being new to CO he was so welcoming, first on this board in the chat room and then at PMP and Caldonias. Totally cool guy... he'll be sorely missed.
    Paul G.
    2005 R1

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja
    Even though I understand 'why' ------- I ride --- so therefore I will. Or I'll send a card.
    This isn't supposed to be an argument. I understand "you ride" we all do, its a sportbike club. It's a respect issue. Thats all.
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

If I'm able to get time off work to go, I can easily play taxi to folks. I've got quite a bit of room.

Eli
    RIP Gene. You will truly be missed.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

Yesterday was unfortunately the only day I missed reading up about Gene's condition. I'm still in denial...

Gene,
    I hope you tear up the sky on the R6 and show god a thing or two about racing.
    Rest in peace brother.

Yusuke
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.

Although I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Gene, it's apparent just how much Gene touched each of you that had the incredible opportunity to know and interact with him. I wish each and everyone of you that had this chance my heart-felt condolences.

To his family, I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine the hurt and sadness you feel right now.

May he rest in peace.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

I just received the news of Gene’s passing and am completely overwhelmed with grief.
    I’ll be thinking about this and trying to understand for a long, long, time. Rest in peace.

RIP fellow rider.

I deny in thinking in the past, Gene still is a great friend for us. He'll be watching over us. Rest in peace. We love you Gene.

Deb
    Token Brazilian
    2005 Raven R1

Here's to you Gene
    R.I.P. Guys.
    I'm sure you'll both be missed!

Owned by the pee-wee track Marauder's Avatar

RIP, Gene. I only met you once but I know how much joy you brought Mel. You enhanced her love of the sport and I heard all about it from her. Wish I could have spent more time getting to know you.

God Bless you...and may He comfort your family with the light of His presence.
    2003 CBR 954RR
    2002 YZ250F

Marauder noun
    Etymology: French ma-raud-er
    1) one who roams about and raids in search of plunder
    2) one who seldomly goes to events, seldomly ever posts, but still thinks he is an important part of the CSC