Thread: Cruise Vacation

Cruise Vacation

I've been seeing some decent deals on cruises lately and am thinking about taking one around Thanksgiving. Thought it might be fun to get some people together.

Any interest here?
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Re: Cruise Vacation

I wouldn't mind going on a cruise. I've looked at some of the live concert trips, but would have to be 2015 for me.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

If I were to do a music cruise it would most definitely be Holy Ship.

Yeah, that ain't gonna work for this FOG. More like Cruise to the Edge last year, and other really old guys that can still play a guitar and beat a drum. Complimentary Geritol is served pool side.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Sat Jun 21st, 2014 at 10:38 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

The 311 cruise is amazing.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

I'm currently looking into getting this booked in the next couple days. Most likely a Caribbean 7 day the week of Thanksgiving.

Pricing varies depending on the cruise line and room but I'm seeing $400-700. Flights are separate. If anyone is interested in joining let me know quickly.

If you've never been on a cruise they are generally all inclusive as far as food and drink, alcohol may or may not be. There's quite a bit to do onboard (shows, games, clubs, pools, etc) as well as shore excursions. They take a deposit and you pay as you get closer to your sail date instead of all at once.

I've been on a few and it's a great way to vacation.

I don't think many cruises are all inclusive for alcohol....that is where they make their money!

Got to go to the Mexico resorts for that! I highly recommend those. I liked the cruise I did, but I did end up spending way more money than the Mexico all-inclusive. Was nice going to bed and waking up in a new place on a cruise. Just so much better everything in the Mexico resorts I have done. Not sure if you have considered that.

If you like to drink you better try to sneak some booze on ship or plan to pay up the ass!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I like "cruising" as there is something about being on an open deck in the middle of the ocean, kicking back, listening to the band, and sipping on a drink under the stars.

I've never done an all inclusive Mexico so I don't know what the activities are like, but the amount of things to do at any given moment on a cruise ship makes it appealing.

And I've always managed to smuggle a bottle or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I don't think many cruises are all inclusive for alcohol....that is where they make their money!

Got to go to the Mexico resorts for that! I highly recommend those. I liked the cruise I did, but I did end up spending way more money than the Mexico all-inclusive. Was nice going to bed and waking up in a new place on a cruise. Just so much better everything in the Mexico resorts I have done. Not sure if you have considered that.

If you like to drink you better try to sneak some booze on ship or plan to pay up the ass!
    What resort did you go to? The wife and I are looking at going somewhere the end of this month.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Trolling...

Call me sometime this weekend and tell me what's up in disgusting detail so I can think about it for real. I like the "7 days" part that you mentioned [hopefully that reads as "7 nights"] and the price seems good. I'd be more inclined to pay toward the high end that you mentioned if either A.) The liq. is included in the "all inclusive" portion, and/or B.) the room on the ship I'll be sleeping in, has incredible amenities. Private Balcony type shit. Would having + people help bring the price down? My sister and family were actually just talking about a cruise.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    What resort did you go to? The wife and I are looking at going somewhere the end of this month.
    We really like the Palace resorts! Been to the Sun Palace in Cancun and we got married at the Cozumel Palace. we have also been to Playa Del Carmen, but not the palace resport there, but we toured it and looked awesome...I highly recommend these resorts as the one we went to in Playa was for a wedding and it was ok, but the Palace resorts killed it! Some of the best food I have ever ate, unlimited top shelf drinks (even a bar in your room), epic ocean view rooms, and the service is amazing...pretty much nothing they won't do to make you happy.

http://www.palaceresorts.com/

Plus they usually offer a $1500 resort credit if you stay like 5 days (credit varies how long you stay) http://www.palaceresorts.com/en/offe...-resort-credit . Since everything is pretty much all-inclusive, the resort credits can be used for excursions (scuba, scuba lessons, Mayan tours, snorkel, jet ski, jungle tours,massage, upgraded wine list, golf, etc) so you end up spending very little. Actually first time we went we used like $700 of our credit to upgrade from a standard room (still awesome) to a suite.

Sun Palace is couples only...we loved that! Only issue is Cancun is very commercialized, sort of like a Vegas strip without the gambling. If you don't mind that, the Sun Palace is awesome for couples! http://www.cancunpalaceresorts.com/s...505.1405086290

Cozumel Palace allows kids (however we did not see many since Cozumel is big for scuba and not much beach, so I assume kids go to Cancun and beach). The town was really awesome and you get the "Mexico" feel with all the shopping and isolation. http://www.palaceresorts.com/cozumelpalace/en/

Playa was also a really cool place for the town...shopping area is awesome and a lot of the main excursions are right by there so little travel time.

We have done Xpolr (calld a outdoor aquirium) and Xel-Ha (zip lines, atv, cave swim/boat).

Jmetz, there is a ton to do at Mexico all-inclusive! Just look at those two excursion links. Then just like cruises the resorts have stuff planned all day. We were pretty amazed at their evening shows and we caught every single one they were that good. Then everything from ATV, to sportbike rentals there too. They really have it all covered for what nearly anyone is into
    Last edited by bulldog; Fri Jul 11th, 2014 at 07:52 AM.

Xel-Ha on the Southern outskirts of Playa del Carmen is incredible fun. Easily worth the price of admission. One of the most memorable things I've ever done

If the cruise idea doesn't work out Kyle, consider going to PdC. So much to do and see and eat, and some of them most beautiful postcard-blue water in the world, is off the Yucatan coast.

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Word. Thanks for the info guys! I'll take a look at those. I have a cabin on hold so I can check out some other options. For the cruise it's $535 and flight is separate, I figure about another $150ish. I think that price will be tough to beat.

Wow... that's a great price. What is the cruise's destination itinerary?

EDIT: Scratch that question... I read the first post. Caribbean.

Is alcohol included?
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Jul 11th, 2014 at 09:43 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Specifically: Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk.

Alcohol is not inclusive but I'll bring some with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Specifically: Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk.

Alcohol is not inclusive but I'll bring some with.
    I like how Metz can sneak alcohol through customs.....keester?

Haven't had an issue yet. And no not in the keister.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Haven't had an issue yet. And no not in the keister.
    Crazy...everytime I came back to port those f*ckers search the hell out of us and everything we brought back so I was always afraid to risk it. Maybe because it was a Mexico destination cruise

Back in the day they didn't search as hard and we'd bring alcohol on in the kids diaper bags or the stroller.

Looking at the Mexico stuff it's double to triple the cruise price. Some nice looking joints, but way more then I want to spend.
    Last edited by Jmetz; Fri Jul 11th, 2014 at 10:50 AM.

Annnnd booked. There was nothing that really came close to that price with the Mexico vacations so I pulled the trigger.

Essentially the Mexico vacations are going to more expensive, because alcohol at any of the resort's bars/restaurants/nightclubs/poolside/room-service/everywhere [even sometimes their sister resorts nearby] is included.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Yeah. I can add unlimited alcohol to my package at $50/day but there's no way I'm drinking enough to justify. I'll subscribe to the plastic flasks and tape program.

It's good that it's an option. Can you do it on certain days [a la carte] at your discretion or when you add it, does it automatically add it for every day of the trip?
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

A la carte would be ideal but it's all or none.