Thread: SMRI adds a female only novice racing class..

SMRI adds a female only novice racing class..

The SMRI (Sandia Motorcycle Roadracing Inc) located in sunny Albuquerque, New Mexico, is proud to present Formula Fem. Formula Fem is the first all female novice roadracing class offered by the SMRI. The SMRI is a young club in its 6th year of operation, which has a significant female rider count that participates in the clubs Trackdays and Race Series.

Formula Fem is proudly sponsored by, The Vested Interest and SPW, Inc (Storrie Parachute Works). These guy's have give a prize purse for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

The Vested Interest makes custom ruggedized vests for professional photographers. www.vestedinterest.com 1-800-928-0157.

SPW sells skydiving equipment.

This will be open to all female novice racers. The rules are simple, the bike must meet Novice Open specs, and you must be a licensed FEMALE novice racer.

For more information about the club or events please visit www.smri-racing.org
    If you abandon yourself to foolishness....
    ...You lose touch with your beginnings.

Troy "TC" Runck #124
    SMRI New Rider Director

Sponsored by:
    Paint By TCR
    505 by Design
    Morse Racing Products

Re: SMRI adds a female only novice racing class..

I thought our female friends in Colorado may be interested...

Troy "TC" Runck #124
    SMRI New Rider Director

Sponsored by:
    Paint By TCR
    505 by Design
    Morse Racing Products

Race license through them is 150 dollars, and still have dates available, if you don't already have your race license...like me. I went to website, and could not find specifics, really. So I take it this is an open novice class...all displacements/types? If anyone is interested...let me know. I am considering going down to license there...

Since this is a new class for females *created less then 2 weeks ago at the request of the female riders* the rule book has not been updated. It is a novice race class. The rules for the class are the same as Novice Open.

The SMRI offers a race school every race weekend through the season. Our class is 4 hours of book work friday night and 4 hours of track drills on Saturday. Once the class is completed, you can race Sunday.

I will update the rule book when I have a moment.

As you may or may not know, our licensens is accepted in the MRA and other clubs...

We want this to be a hit with females riders, of couse they race with the guys in all the other classes, however this race is to give them a stage to perform on.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by TribalTT
    Race license through them is 150 dollars, and still have dates available, if you don't already have your race license...like me. I went to website, and could not find specifics, really. So I take it this is an open novice class...all displacements/types? If anyone is interested...let me know. I am considering going down to license there...

Troy "TC" Runck #124
    SMRI New Rider Director

Sponsored by:
    Paint By TCR
    505 by Design
    Morse Racing Products