Thread: Beginning of new PMP Rules

Beginning of new PMP Rules

BIKE TRACK RENTAL RULES (July 2006)

MANDATORY CLOTHING:

1. Full leathers must be worn (can be 2 piece). NO blue jeans are allowed.
    2. Leather boots above the ankle must be worn.
    3. Helmet and leather gloves must be worn.

RIDING:

1. NO “STUNTS” ARE ALLOWED. This includes wheel stands, Drag Racing, Standing Starts, excessive drifting.
    2. ANY UNSAFE RIDING will be reported. Track Rental Manager will investigate and make a decision on unsafe rider being allowed to continue using track. If you are not sure what is safe, ask BEFORE trying it.

POINT OF ENTRY ONTO TRACK:

ALL BIKES WILL ENTER TRACK FROM HOT PIT LANE.(If you do not know what this is ASK before getting on the track). STAY TO THE RIGHT AS YOU ENTER THE TRACK AND AT TURN 1 STAY ON THE LOWER SIDE TO ALLOW FASTER RIDERS TO PASS.

POINT OF EXIT OFF TRACK:

Begin reducing speed after turn 9. Lift your LEFT arm and hand to let the riders behind you know you are exiting into the pit area. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE YOU ALLOWED TO CHANGE YOUR MIND AND ACCELERATE BACK ONTO THE TRACK. YOU WILL BE EJECTED.

EQUIPMENT:

All mirrors will be removed. All lights will be taped down. As of January 1, 2007 No antifreeze in bike will be allowed.

FLAGS:

White….One lap left then return to pits.
    Red……Return to pits immediately !

SESSIONS:

Will be run at the discretion of the Track Rental Manager.

Sessions will be:

White Plates………The first 20 minutes of each hour.
    Yellow Plates……..The second 20 minutes of each hour.
    Street bikes……….The last 20 minutes of each hour.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RIDE OUTSIDE OF YOUR LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE OR EQUIPMENT.

PHOTOGRAPHY:

Anyone wishing to take photos must check in with the Track Rental Manager or Track representative for additional rules.

VEHICLES:

The speed limit within the park is 15 miles per hour. We have many children at play and speeding is not acceptable.

Absolutely NO vehicles are allowed on or near the track. The only exception is to pick up a broken bike. The Track Rental Manager will oversee this action.

****PLEASE NOTE****

ALL YOUR FELLOW BIKE RIDERS USING THE TRACK WILL BE ASSISTING IN ASSURING PUEBLO MOTORSPORTS PARK IS A SAFE RIDING ENVIRONMENT. IF YOU ARE UNSURE -ASK. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW-ASK. THEY OR THE TRACK RENTAL MANAGER WILL HELP YOU. IF YOU KNOW IT’S NOT SAFE—DO NOT ATTEMPT IT. EJECTION WILL OCCUR.

FOR ANY INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL ME AT:

719-240-4132 EARLENE THEIS
    (Never forget #502)

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Bless you all.

Re: Beginning of new PMP Rules

Hi Earlene - any changes granted for us when it comes to cars and bikes out on the track at the same time? When its an open track day and both are out - is there a way to split us apart as well to make it known that the two don't mix? what is the general consensus?
    Sasha T.

Hello and Hi Lady,

I am working on it now. I am going to try and separate the days car/bikes can use the track. Right now there is committments to combined days but this last week I have been attempting to schedule bikes with bikes and cars with cars. Please bear with me until the bookings get cleaned up.

Thanks to everyone !
    Earlene

P.S. Yes, cars and bikes WILL be separated.

Hi, does "full leathers" include textiles?

Great work Earlene and THANK YOU for all that you do! It doesn't go unnoticed!
    Sasha T.

Does the MRA allow textiles? I do not know but would be willing to take advice from other racers. What do you think ?

Thanks,
    Earlene

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Earlene,

The MRA would allow certain textiles, I think the TECHNICALLY and aerostich suit would make the grade and there are a couple of other high end textile suits that would be considered.

I would look to some other trackday orgs, like NESBA or USBA. They allow textiles that zip together (at least 4" zippers in the rear to connect the jacket and pants) provided that the rider also has the other necessary protective gear such as as boots, gloves and helmet.

You may consider slightly different regs for the different classes of riders. People with number plates (both yellow and white) should already have race quality gear. If you are going to allow street riders then that group may have a different clothing requirement, such as the one mentioned above.

NESBA has a website that has their rules and regs on it, they are a very structured and a pretty good trackday org. I've done three days with them and think their system seems to work well.

nesba.com

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Ene
    Does the MRA allow textiles? I do not know but would be willing to take advice from other racers. What do you think ?

Thanks,
    Earlene
    Technically the MRA does allow "leather or aramid material (Kevlar)" but I have never seen anyone race in any type of textiles.

NESBA's site mentions leather only, it does not say they allow textiles.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Thank you Glenn. We will continue with Leathers only, No Kevlar until more information is available.