Thread: Military folks...DOD decals

Military folks...DOD decals

For those of you that have the military/DOD stickers...how did you put them on? I really do not want to adhere this thing directly on my new bike. Did you guys put it directly on your bike or make some sort of bracket to stick it on and then onto the bike?

Thanks for any info.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Military folks...DOD decals

I was a civilian working on a military base in the mid 90s and at that time they would not permit us to use any kind of removable bracket for the vehicle stickers. For the car they had to be on the windshield and for bikes they instructed us to use either the windshield or the front fender.

One way to get around this is to get a fairly cheap "race" fender from sharkskinz or GP composites for your bike and use it for now. If you want to sell the bike you can just put the stock fender back on.

Scott

I work out at Buckley and I've seen just about every conceivable way to attach base stickers on a bike.

Among sportbikes, the most popular are front fender, front fork, and windscreen.

Rybo's idea is a good one. This way if the time comes you need to remove the stickers, they aren't a total PITA.

I didn't want to put the stickers somewhere obvious, so I chose under the windscreen, on the top of the guage pod. Not seen from afar, but the gate guards can find it easily. Plus, the plastic is pourse so removal should be a snap.
    Last edited by salsashark; Tue May 8th, 2007 at 07:58 AM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

hey did Buckley get their new supply of decals yet?

The decal must be permanently affixed to your vehicle, ie no velcro devices on the bike.
    I have my decal on the upper part of my fairing just below the left hand grip (if that makes any visual sense). I have also seen people mount them inside their windscreen. There's always the forks too!
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

i know the contraption that i and others have rigged up is.....the front reflector on the bike..... down on the fork by the wheel, just get you a piece of plastic or metal and epoxy it to the reflector so it is big enough for the decal...and then stick that ugly decal on. That way you can take it off and it only costs a couple of bucks for a new one...or just dont put a new one on how many people actually leave those damn things on anywyas....i work on buckley and i am now and augmentee for the cops.... It is good they wont say anything about it.
    My crotchrocket can out run and out manuver your hogg.......The best part is it cost half the price.
    2007 GSXR 1000
    2006 CBR 1000RR
    -DEFLAPPED
    -YOSHI RS 5
    -POWERCOMMANDER
    -520 CONVERSION
    -+2 REAR -1 FRONT
    -speedo healer

Board Newbie

I put my stickers on the small plastic piece under my seat that covers the frame so if I want I can remove that piece also when I am riding my leg covers it up you can not see it until I move my leg and let you see the decals that works best for me.
    05 GSXR 1000

Cool...thanks fellas.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

I've known some army guys who've gotten away with sticking the stickers on a refridgerator style magnet. Then sticking on the tank.

I stuck mine under neath the clip on the fork leg hidden from plain sight, so I'd have to point it out to them. I got SOME shit, but nothing big, I never changed it ever.

Just don't be an idiot like one guy I saw and stick it directly on the leg where it goes into the seal. The dork blew out his fork leg because of it in like a few miles.

I agree with the front reflector. I removed my reflector and bolted a small piece of sheet metal where the reflector went. Make sure you use lock-tite, lock washers or locking nuts. Mine fell off once, luckily in my driveway when I got home from work.