All this talk by Detrich-R1, Harry Biker, Nick_Ninja and others is not helping one bit when there is snow on the road... The Moab Trip is a great proposal and South Eastern Utah is a unrecognized charm of beauty and great riding (albiet the unmarked Utah hiway patrol in their SUV's and PU's...). I've spent a lot of time riding roads in that area as it was day rides from Farmington where I used to live. I'd love to join you if I can get the time off.

However, what about us poor working stiffs that just don't have much time to spare (I've already commited the bulk of my time off for a ride to Alasak this summer)? A ride that would surely cure the wintertime blues would be a BBG. Think about it, only 24 hours long and 1500+ miles. Anybody interested in joining? witnessing? or simply cheering? As Detrich-R1 has been saying, better sooner than later. A ride like this is best done when it's cool, but dry pavement. Undoubtedly there will be a warm weekend before the middle of March that would work.

This route has very little overlapping road on the loop, some carefully chosen 2 lane with out a lot of traffic, and some doses of freeway to makeup some miles if needed. The problem areas to deal with would be getting through Phoenix on east Baseline toward globe and the traffic around Santa Fe. A little thinking and we can work that out as well.

Microsoft Streets & Trips puts this at 1575 miles, just barely enough for the BBG...