Enter dealership X, I’m not naming names cuz I don’t want to burn any bridges, but I need to get this off my chest. Sorry for being so long but its kind of a long story. ***Cliff notes at the end***

1.) I was very impressed with them as they got my estimate done the business day after I brought the bike in.
2.) Not so much impressed when I went to check on it and they missed some stuff, but no big deal, they added it and the insurance paid up.
3.) They order the parts, 7 days later I have still not heard from them so I call them. They have most of the parts and will work on my bike the next day.
4.) Next day, towards the end of the day, once again no phone call so I call them, they say the bike is ready minus the few non essential parts and I can pick it up.
5.) An hour later as I’m getting ready to head out, “we ran into some problems, broke a baring inside one of the engine covers (not sure which one) can’t get the bike back together. Have to order a new one”… what the fuck? Again I have to wait for another part, 5-7days. But no big deal, I wanted to ride but this way they wil have all the parts on the bike when I pick it up.
6.) 7 days later again, and again no phone call so I call them first thing in the morning. They have the parts and I request they work on it that day. They agree and say it will be done “late afternoon”.
7.) I call them prior to heading out and to my dismay… “We are having problems.” What kind of problems? “We broke a bearing”… WHAT THE SHIT?! They next day a new bearing and say they will call me…
8.) 3 days later, again no phone call so first thing in the morning on the 4th day I call them! They got the part and put the bike together the previous day… so why no call?

Up to this point nothing has really bothered me too much, I mean shit happens. They could have called me to update me but w/e… now we get into what really pisses me off.

9.) I pick up the bike and as I’m riding it feels “off” to me, I figure it’s just cuz I have not ridden in so long and may be a bit hesitant due to my accident.
10.) Get the bike home and go to detail it and what the fuck do I find? Three of the parts they installed are scratched. (Ram air cover, and both left hand side engine covers). One of them very obviously an install scratch where the tech slipped with a power tool and made a squiggly line across my cover.
11.) Add to that the fact that my left clip on, feels bent to me, not by much but that’s why I was feeling off while riding it. I had a few people sit on the bike and everyone confirmed that it was indeed bent. Also, it seems that there is road grime on it, dirt. So that leads me to believe that it was not replaced and they just charged me anyway.
12.) I call them and “ um… well… um.. yeah…” so I take the bike back down and show them and they service manager just stands there not really saying anything. I’m hinting at what I already know to be true, they scratched the parts during install and did not replace my clip on. He says he needs to talk to his boss (thought he was the service manager) about the scratched parts and will call me.
13.) When asked about the clip on he says it does not feel off to him and they will have to check it out, when asked why its dirty.. he says that it may be a protective spray that Yamaha puts on all its metal parts so they don’t rust in shipping. OH FUCKING REALLY?! Yamaha put a dirt like grimy spray on my aluminum non rusting clip on, and even if they did why did the tech not clean it off prior to install? I don’t want to argue so I let it go, tell him to call me when he has talked to his boss.
14.) A few days later still no call so I ONCE A-FUCKING-GAIN call them, he tells me he did not talk to his boss yet but he went ahead and ordered the parts anyway and they will take care of it… so why did he not call me and inform me of this? I thank him and tell him to call me when the parts come in (5-7 days later)
15.) I have since called them twice and the parts they got in 5 days or so the first time they ordered them have yet to arrive nearly two fucking weeks later (13 days today).
16.) All this and I still have to find out just what the fuck to do about my bent clip on since that matter is not resolved yet.

*** So the short short version. The dealership 1) either scratched my parts during install or installed scratched parts and did not tell me about it. 2) Did (to the best of my knowledge) not replace the clip on but charged me. 3) Has yet to call me when parts arrive, service is complete, or components broken during install, etc.

So for those of you that have read this far, what should I do?